ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 11:51 am and Mrs Cloys has everything firmly in hand at the end of the day :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_mrscloys_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:38 min.

Sonia
Ah ha! PL OK - except: You can't stay up all night with an invalid without getting tired, eh? I may win yet! Missing line at 3:18 as underlined.
[To Fraser.] Mr. Fraser, may I trouble you to follow me? I have something to say to you. [Quaife withdraws. To Theophila.] I must run away for a few moments. Shall I send Justina to you?
I also love the line said about living with you:
At any rate, in less than twelve months, if I know my girl, she will have grown heartily sick of her solemn surroundings.

(Now of course, I must quickly scurry off to get back under your thumb and be lashed by your tongue yet again.)

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 4:47 pm Now of course, I must quickly scurry off to get back under your thumb and be lashed by your tongue yet again.

Thanks, Todd
It's plain to see what this DR troupe relationship of theirs is based upon.

Focus ... resolve ... nerves of steel ... chiselled jawline.

Perhaps one day, you'll have them too, Todd. :lol:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Ah ha! PL OK - except: You can't stay up all night with an invalid without getting tired, eh? I may win yet! Missing line at 3:18 as underlined.
oops, will add it this evening, thanks for finding it
I also love the line said about living with you:
At any rate, in less than twelve months, if I know my girl, she will have grown heartily sick of her solemn surroundings.
she probably meant the Bishop :wink:
(Now of course, I must quickly scurry off to get back under your thumb and be lashed by your tongue yet again.)
you can run, but you can't hide, Fletcher. I still have to PL your sections :twisted:
SonOfTheExiles wrote:It's plain to see what this DR troupe relationship of theirs is based upon.
Focus ... resolve ... nerves of steel ... chiselled jawline.
Perhaps one day, you'll have them too, Todd. :lol:
I'm sure one day we'll find a play where the roles are reversed...until then, I savour the moments :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 10:53 amTheophila, act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_theophilafraser_2_128kb.mp3

Act 3 is also recorded, just needs editing. I'll fix the missing line in act 1 together with any others that might appear in the other acts ;)
brilliantly done, Foon. Poor Theophila is really at a very low point in Act 2 (I love the tearful scenes) and also at the beginning of Act 3, but by and by she recovers noticeably. And the dialogue with Olive is really great, she is very forceful there and it's Olive's turn to cringe then. :thumbs:

Great job. Act 3 is already PL ok.

There's one missing line in Act 2 though:

> at about 13:04: insert: [Clinging to him, suddenly.] Jack——! I wouldn’t bore you! I wouldn’t bore you, Jack——!

the rest is perfect :) Thanks for the great performance.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:54 pm Think I finished Act 3! Let me know of any changes I need to make!
thank you, Campbell. You have perfected the art of butlering here :thumbs: Quaife sounds very dutiful and sympathetic to his master. And I absolutely loved the shocked astonishment in your voice when Olive Allingham shows up 8-)

Great job, no lines missing. Act 3 is already PL ok.

Only one note for Act 2:

> for the voice credit, please always record the entire description from the MW: "Quaife, a servant at Mr. Allingham’s, read by Campbell Schelp". That way we don't need to insert the narrator's part into your voice credit

thank you, nice job !

Sonia
CharlieData

Post by CharlieData »

Can I do Horton ? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

CharlieData wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 10:26 amCan I do Horton ? :D
oho, a new voice in our drama forum, welcome Charlie and thanks for your interest. I see you passed your one minute test, so you are ready to roll. In order to create your reader page, you need to tell me what reader name you want, can be your forum name, or real name, or any pseudonym you like.

Since this is the first time you record drama, here are a few special rules that I wrote up some time ago for new readers:

> no need to do an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Horton, a servant at Mrs. Emptage’s, read by Charlie Data" (or whatever you want your reader name to be)

> browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. For your role, you only appear in Act 1, so it is not necessary to read the whole play unless you wish to, but it would be helpful to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying in your dialogue, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in our dramas :mrgreen:

> if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [sniggers] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting 8-)

> and very important: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech, like [sits down] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because Todd, our editor has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask, if not, have fun and good luck with your first role !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 4:47 pm Ah ha! PL OK - except: You can't stay up all night with an invalid without getting tired, eh? I may win yet! Missing line at 3:18 as underlined.
[To Fraser.] Mr. Fraser, may I trouble you to follow me? I have something to say to you. [Quaife withdraws. To Theophila.] I must run away for a few moments. Shall I send Justina to you?
added lines at 3:26-3:30 (with my more maternal soft voice, reserved for Theophila only) :

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_mrscloys_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:44 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. PL OK now.

(Typed with my most servile manner, looking over shoulder to make sure you are at least one continent away....)

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Kitty wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 5:26 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:54 pm Think I finished Act 3! Let me know of any changes I need to make!
thank you, Campbell. You have perfected the art of butlering here :thumbs: Quaife sounds very dutiful and sympathetic to his master. And I absolutely loved the shocked astonishment in your voice when Olive Allingham shows up 8-)

Great job, no lines missing. Act 3 is already PL ok.

Only one note for Act 2:

> for the voice credit, please always record the entire description from the MW: "Quaife, a servant at Mr. Allingham’s, read by Campbell Schelp". That way we don't need to insert the narrator's part into your voice credit

thank you, nice job !

Sonia
Thank you! Can't believe I did that! I just recently caught myself trying to do the exact same thing in a different play! I fixed it now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_quaife_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:30 minutes.

Thanks,
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 2:00 pm(Typed with my most servile manner, looking over shoulder to make sure you are at least one continent away....)
:lol: is this method acting ? preparing to channel your inner Fletcher ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 2:08 pm Thank you! Can't believe I did that! I just recently caught myself trying to do the exact same thing in a different play! I fixed it now.
thanks all PL ok now :thumbs:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 7:25 am
One tiny word is missing though, the rest is perfect:

> at about 12:51: insert missing line: “Thanks.
Kitty wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 5:08 am There's one missing line in Act 2 though:

> at about 13:04: insert: [Clinging to him, suddenly.] Jack——! I wouldn’t bore you! I wouldn’t bore you, Jack——!
Here are the new files with the above corrections!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_theophilafraser_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_theophilafraser_2_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: January 24th, 2019, 2:55 am Here are the new files with the above corrections!
thanks for the additions. All PL ok now of course. :thumbs: A great performance.

Sonia