Post by ToddHW » February 7th, 2019, 8:25 am

We won't blame you for anything, Alan.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 7th, 2019, 11:52 am

alanmapstone wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 6:40 am
I think for my own personal safety I need to disown most of the sentiments expressed by this character. I did not really choose this part, Chris said he thought it would suit me :hmm:
ah don't worry, Alan, I actually didn't find Gregory too horrible. Yes, he has an antipathy (or should I say trauma ?) against widows :lol: but this comes from his troubled history, seeing so many premiers fail because of them. He is a sort of motherhen for them and cares a lot, that explains his reaction. And when you get to Act 3 you'll see, Gregory and Widow Pretty get along well and become partners in crime ;) he is fully redeemed by the end of the play.

You did play the character excellently. A sort of disillusioned man throughout, nicely conveyed. Now looking forward to his subtle change of mind in act 3. :9:

PL ok. Perfect job. Thank you

Sonia

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone » February 8th, 2019, 8:34 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 8th, 2019, 9:28 am

alanmapstone wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 8:34 am
Grumpy Old Misogynist - act 3
:lol: I actually found him quite endearing somehow (in a grumpy sort of way). Think Walter Matthau...

Totally PL ok in any case, and for what it's worth, I totally liked the performance and I think our dialogue will sound cool together.

Todd: that means, Act 3 is ready to finish up 8-) This time I will be listening to the play in reverse order. :lol:

Thanks, Alan

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 8th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Act 3 ready for final PL. Great acting all!

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 9th, 2019, 4:42 am

ToddHW wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Act 3 ready for final PL. Great acting all!
I totally agree. We all sound like we really rehearsed and practiced in the same room. :clap: A wonderful ending, and I can't wait to listen to the rest of the play. Todd, excellent assembling, I agree with all the cuttings. This is PL ok, straight-away.

Sonia