COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 8th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 9th, 2019, 7:05 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 9:34 pm
The first two acts of Horner are ready for PL!
you're an excellent rogue, Tomas :lol: I bet you enjoyed this part very much :mrgreen: in any case, it sounds brilliant on its own and probably even better assembled. Great start, looking forward to the rest.

Both acts PL ok.

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 9th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Well, you don't have to wait long for the rest, Sonia, because it's already here. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_horner_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_horner_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_horner_5_128kb.mp3

Phew, that took a lot out of me LOL. These rogues are hard to keep up with!
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 10th, 2019, 6:07 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Phew, that took a lot out of me LOL. These rogues are hard to keep up with!
:lol: yes I can totally understand. Hearing you so breathless after the China-incident, you sound totally believably spent of exhaustion :mrgreen: And I especially like your many smacking kisses, sounds like you're really abusing of the situation ;)

Wow, this was a big role, but you performed it all brilliantly in character. :thumbs: Nothing missing I think. Totally PL ok.

Great job. Now for a well-deserved rest.

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 15th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Just a small head's up: the deadline for the Narrator is coming up, and I haven't heard anything from Phiona, so if nothing comes in by next week I'll be orphaning that part. Anyone interested in doing stage directions can keep an eye on this space.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » February 22nd, 2019, 6:38 pm

Just a quick heads up: I have recorded Margery in all her glory for 35 minutes or so :wink:
I hope I will be done editing over the weekend, but I am very busy unfortunately...

Just so that you know that she'll be around soon. ish.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 22nd, 2019, 6:48 pm

Availle wrote:
February 22nd, 2019, 6:38 pm
Just a quick heads up: I have recorded Margery in all her glory for 35 minutes or so :wink:
I hope I will be done editing over the weekend, but I am very busy unfortunately...

Just so that you know that she'll be around soon. ish.
That's not a problem. Thank you, Ava. :)

I'm also orphaning the stage directions, as promised. So those are up for grabs if anyone wants them...
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 22nd, 2019, 8:37 pm

May I swoop in and take the stage directions?
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 22nd, 2019, 8:54 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 22nd, 2019, 8:37 pm
May I swoop in and take the stage directions?
Absolutely! You've swooped in just in time to save the day. :D
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 23rd, 2019, 4:47 pm

Campbell

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm

Thank you, Campbell! I'll put that in the MW for Sonia tomorrow.

P.S. I forgot to say something earlier, but I wanted to ask if you could pronounce Wycherley like this: https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/william-wycherley I normally wouldn't bother if the author were obscure and there was no agreed-upon consensus anywhere, but this does seem to be the "official" pronunciation, so I'd rather follow it.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 23rd, 2019, 5:32 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm
I wanted to ask if you could pronounce Wycherley like this:
No problem! Re uploaded with correct pronunciation! No change to the time.
Campbell

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 24th, 2019, 6:08 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 4:47 pm
Got act 1 recorded!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
4:10
great job, Campbell, I love the parts where you are "acting it out" as well, most notably the excellent "whispers" :thumbs: And wow there were a lot of asides in this one :lol: I hope I managed to capture them all....

you did miss a few lines though, I noted them down here:

> at about 1:47: please also add: "SCENE—LONDON." at the end of the dramatis personae.
BTW it's easier to read the list off from the book instead of the MW, that way you're sure to not miss any and it's helpful for the editor who has them all in the correct order in the end ;) but nothing to change this time, I think you didn't miss any, and anyway, most of the time we don't need the narrator for these lines, it's only when one of the readers drops off without handing their credit it. So it's always good to have the narrator read them all in one go. :thumbs:

> at about 2:07: please insert: "Enter Sir JASPER FIDGET, Lady FIDGET, and Mrs. DAINTY FIDGET."

> at about 3:14: missed line: "Enter PINCHWIFE."

> at about 3:47: one more missing: "Harcourt aside"

maybe best start inserting from the end of the file, that way your time stamps won't change ;)

Thanks

Sonia

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 24th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Kitty wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 6:08 am
you did miss a few lines though, I noted them down here
I call that a success - I'm proud of the fact that I didn't misread any asides. Next time we'll see if I can get all my lines AND all the asides correct (ambitious I know :D)
Kitty wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 6:08 am
it's easier to read the list off from the book instead of the MW
Interesting. In the past I've been told to read from the MW because it might have different character descriptions, and also includes some roles that are grouped together in the script (servants, etc.). Next time I'll try that way though :D.

I inserted those lines!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
4:32
Campbell

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 24th, 2019, 12:54 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Interesting. In the past I've been told to read from the MW because it might have different character descriptions, and also includes some roles that are grouped together in the script (servants, etc.).
hmm yes I see what you mean, for the grouping of servants I would also check what the MW has, but for all the rest, the book is actually better because it has all the character descriptions as well. Usually we don't add anything in the MW that is not also present in the book. So apart from groupings, the book is the best source to read from. Especially because it also makes it that bit easier for the already hard working editor, if he gets them all in the correct order.
thanks. It can be marked PL ok now, although there is a tiny optional detail to note:

> at 2:17: "and Mrs Dainty Fidget" - you forgot "Fidget" but I think that is optional as we know who Mrs Dainty is.... ;) so unless Tomas wants this in, it's fine with me

Sonia