Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

May I claim Puzzle? Seems fitting as I'm a law student ;)
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Foon

Post by Foon »

Lady Harriot, act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_ladyharriot_2_128kb.mp3

I hope I didn't miss any lines--the script was a bit confusing at times with "L. Ha" and "La. H" both being mine (I think? :P ) and "Ld. H" NOT being mine.. but I think I got it. :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 21st, 2018, 8:08 am I hope I didn't miss any lines--the script was a bit confusing at times with "L. Ha" and "La. H" both being mine (I think? :P ) and "Ld. H" NOT being mine.. but I think I got it. :D
great, another one of the confusing scripts :? thanks for forewarning me Foon ! I'll have a listen later on.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so I just had a listen to it all, and I also think you did not forget any lines. Fingers crossed I found them all :lol: Your Lady Harriot is quite a feisty girl, I like her. Well done, and all PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Foon, also Act 5 is PL ok. I loved the laugh :lol: She is not daunted by the fake widow. :thumbs: Well done

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sharlot didn't have quite as much to say as I'd hoped, but she certainly made the most of it when her time came to speak!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_sharlot_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_sharlot_5_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 9:17 pm Sharlot didn't have quite as much to say as I'd hoped, but she certainly made the most of it when her time came to speak!
yes but this is excellently done, Devorah. Your stamping around and speaking your mind to Lady Brumpton is wonderful. More Susan than Mattie, in fact (remember If I had a Father ?).

And as for a bigger role... your wish is granted in the new Pinero. Sophy has a lot to say and is quite a handful. I got to know all her scheming and spying while I recorded my role a few days ago. While she is not exactly a villain in the traditional sense, she is not altogether a nice person either even though she means well for her friend. I am quite curious what you will make of her. 8-)

But back to Sharlot: Act 5 is PL ok.

one word to correct for Act 2 though:

> at 2:01: "there's the spinet, Mr. Campley" - you say "snippet" which doesn't make much sense here, while a "spinet" is a musical instrument, a sort of early piano, a bit like the cembalo.

Thanks

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for that catch. I thought she was calling his poem a snippet, but that doesn't make much sense, or seem all that respectful! I'll try to correct that today.

I am looking forward to recording for Sophy. I've only read the first act so far, and I definitely picked up on her scheming nature there. She seems a really interesting character, and a bit of a change of pace for me.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: August 24th, 2018, 12:51 am > at 2:01: "there's the spinet, Mr. Campley" - you say "snippet" which doesn't make much sense here, while a "spinet" is a musical instrument, a sort of early piano, a bit like the cembalo.
When I first read "spinet," I thought it was a nickname for "spinster" because someone (I believe my dear cousin) referred to an "old maid" in a previous scene. So I looked it up. A musical instrument makes more sense!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:I am looking forward to recording for Sophy. I've only read the first act so far, and I definitely picked up on her scheming nature there. She seems a really interesting character, and a bit of a change of pace for me.
oh yes she will definitely be an interesting person to characterize. A gentle opening into the world of the villains. She isn't really mean, but she is cunning and defiant and doesn't shy away to do things to get to her means. The fact that she does it all to help her friend atones at least for her behaviour in the end.

Of course Quex and the Duchess will likely not love her that much :mrgreen:
benderca wrote:When I first read "spinet," I thought it was a nickname for "spinster" because someone (I believe my dear cousin) referred to an "old maid" in a previous scene. So I looked it up. A musical instrument makes more sense!
I knew it because I knew the word in German, which is basically the same "Spinett" :lol:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Ah... the joys of being multi-lingual... :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: August 24th, 2018, 4:30 am Ah... the joys of being multi-lingual... :D
haha yes, there are perks but also pitfalls in multilinguicity (is that a word ?) Sometimes I trip into "false-friends", words that I think have the same meaning in every language but then they don't and the situation becomes a bit embarrassing.

One incident I'll always remember is when I told someone I had an appointment with the dentist and I used the French word for it as I thought it had the same meaning in English. But this gave my sentence a whole new meaning: "I have a Rendez-Vous with the dentist" :oops:

Needless to say, I never did the same mistake again. :lol:

Sonia