COMPLETE[PLAY]The Funeral: or Grief A-La-Mode by Richard Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 ready for final PL. I really like this and you all sound great together. I can so easily picture you all nattering in the drawing room in your finery - or skulking in the corridor plotting and scheming....

(Mademoiselle - great - as are you all - but in this act Mad changes from broken French to cockney and back again. Magnifique!)

We will have to do all Steele's plays!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 15th, 2019, 10:19 am Act 3 ready for final PL. I really like this and you all sound great together. I can so easily picture you all nattering in the drawing room in your finery - or skulking in the corridor plotting and scheming....
:lol: yes that is aptly put. I suspected that the group scene with the gossiping ladies would sound great but it really sounded even better than I imagined. :thumbs: well done ladies.
(Mademoiselle - great - as are you all - but in this act Mad changes from broken French to cockney and back again. Magnifique!)
oh yes, that part where she switched to cockney is an absolute delight. Especially because Tomas at the same time switched to faux French :lol:

Act 3 totally PL ok. No need to cut or add anything. Steele is not Pinero ;) )
We will have to do all Steele's plays!
I think this guy was prolific too, so we'll have plenty to do. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I need a line for Act 2, for Lord Hardy, hidden by a stage direction:
Dear Tom Campley, this is kind! You are an extraordinary man indeed, who in the sudden accession of a noble fortune can be still yourself, and visit your less happy friends.
Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I need a line for Act 2 from Lady Harriot, hidden by a stage direction:
What means this insolence? a plot upon me—Do you know who I am?
Thanks, Todd
Foon

Post by Foon »

ToddHW wrote: January 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm I need a line for Act 2 from Lady Harriot, hidden by a stage direction:
Thanks, Todd
Could you put this in the MW as "see PL notes"? I won't be able to record for a few days, and this way it'll show up on my reading list and I won't forget. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2019, 7:06 am
only found one missing line in Act 4:

> at about 1:56: insert: "Will! don't the recruits wait for me to see 'em at their parade before this house?"

Acts 2,3,5 are PL ok

Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks. Here's act 4 for spot PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_lordhardy_4_128kb.mp3
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: January 16th, 2019, 10:46 am Thanks. Here's act 4 for spot PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_lordhardy_4_128kb.mp3
thank you, Rob, excellent addition and PL ok now.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

ToddHW wrote: January 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm I need a line for Act 2 from Lady Harriot, hidden by a stage direction:
Thanks, Todd
Hi Todd,
Here's the missing line:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_ladyharriot_missingline.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hello! If you are still looking for a Trusty, I could take him. I am new to LibriVox and just got my test ok. I don't know what the catalog is but I'm happy to go by Campbell Schelp. Thanks!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:13 pm Hello! If you are still looking for a Trusty, I could take him. I am new to LibriVox and just got my test ok. I don't know what the catalog is but I'm happy to go by Campbell Schelp. Thanks!
Great. Here are some instructions based on some that Sonia, our DPL (dedicated proof listener, who checks everyone's inputs and then the final acts of the play after I merge everything together) posted recently for another new reader on this project.
Since this is the first time you record drama, here are a few special rules:

> no need to do an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Mr. Trusty, Steward to Lord Brumpton, read by lymiewithpurpose" (or Campbell Schelp or whatever you want your reader name to be). This voice credit will go in the cast of characters at the beginning of the play

> browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. While it may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially here for this role, it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in drama :9:

> if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [coughs] or [sneers], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and very important: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech, like [sits down] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because Todd, our editor has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask :)
The catalog is how people find and download our recordings. For plays, the catalog pages include a summary description, download links, and cast list as seen at https://librivox.org/at-the-sign-of-the-greedy-pig-by-charles-s-brooks/

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Foon wrote: January 18th, 2019, 4:19 am
Thanks, Todd
Hi Todd,
Here's the missing line:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_ladyharriot_missingline.mp3
Thank you.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

ToddHW wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:44 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:13 pm Hello! If you are still looking for a Trusty, I could take him. I am new to LibriVox and just got my test ok. I don't know what the catalog is but I'm happy to go by Campbell Schelp. Thanks!
Great. Here are some instructions based on some that Sonia, our DPL (dedicated proof listener, who checks everyone's inputs and then the final acts of the play after I merge everything together) posted recently for another new reader on this project.
Since this is the first time you record drama, here are a few special rules:

> no need to do an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Mr. Trusty, Steward to Lord Brumpton, read by lymiewithpurpose" (or Campbell Schelp or whatever you want your reader name to be). This voice credit will go in the cast of characters at the beginning of the play

> browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. While it may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially here for this role, it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in drama :9:

> if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [coughs] or [sneers], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and very important: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech, like [sits down] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because Todd, our editor has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask :)
The catalog is how people find and download our recordings. For plays, the catalog pages include a summary description, download links, and cast list as seen at https://librivox.org/at-the-sign-of-the-greedy-pig-by-charles-s-brooks/

Thanks, Todd
Perfect! Sounds good! I'll pay attention to these notes and let you know if I have anymore questions!

Thanks,
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Ok so I think I managed to record act 1. It may be a bit rough since this is my first time. Let me know what I need to fix!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_[trusty]_[1]_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:21 min.

Thanks,
Campbell
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Terrific to have such quick turnaround! I have posted this in the MW for our DPL to review.

By the way, you don't include the "[" and "]" in the file name. They are in the example filename to show you where you make the changes in the name to correspond to your role. So the "https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_[trusty]_[1]_128kb.mp3" you use should actually be "https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_trusty_1_128kb.mp3". It does not matter here in dramatic works since I cut your file all apart when I make the final play files - your file does not get cataloged in the final play. But in books and other projects, your files will be directly used in the final cataloging and so the actual name will be important.

Thank you, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 19th, 2019, 8:30 pmOk so I think I managed to record act 1. It may be a bit rough since this is my first time. Let me know what I need to fix!
hello and welcome to the drama forum Campbell and I can hear from your first performance already that you fit right in. You sound very young, which gives this faithful servant an extra endearing twist. I love the dramatic insistence you are doing to convince Brumpton of the schemes of his wife. Really well done, and no missing lines found.

This is totally PL ok and I'm looking forward to the rest !

Thanks for joining.

Sonia