LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: December 27th, 2018, 5:18 pm Here's Mrs. Fardingdale, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_mrsfardingale_2_128kb.mp3.mp3
I also did a version in which I sang the song, but since Tomas also sang it and used a different melody, I decided to go with the chant. I'd be happy to submit the singing version for a wider set of options if you like :D .
hehe, well she mentions herself that she "cannot sing" although that was probably false modesty. :P I think the sing-song is perfect enough. (Todd, what about you ? )

Excellently done, TJ. What a difference from the deep rogue voices you so often to to perfection. :shock: Mrs Fardingdale is flitting cheerily through the act, like a fresh wind. I really liked the performance. PL ok.

Thanks ! and have a good end-of year celebration, in case I don't speak with you again in this year ;)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I like the version in this file. Nicely done.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah some shorties, all three of them, but nontheless, nicely characterized. I especially like the lady of course, you always play those excellently. But the deeper voices for the soldiers match perfectly well too. :thumbs: Great job, Leanne.

Could you only please give us the full voice credits for the soldiers in your files ?

"Clump, a soldier" and "Matchlock, a soldier", then we don't have to insert the narrator into your voice credit, makes less messy ;)

And for Matchlock, you forgot the ALL line at the end:

> All. Bless your honour

Also, sorry to say, but your sample rate is again at 48,000 Hz :( I was already hoping you had solved the problem when I saw that Alithea had the correct rate. So you did manage to change it somehow for that file. Could you try to retrace what you did differently there and change the rate for these three files as well please ? There must be something you did differently, since it was correct before.

It would be good that you could save us the trouble of changing it later on, especially because we had trouble before with the voice distortion. :? I wouldn't want a repeat of that mess again if possible.

Thanks

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Aaaargh. I literally recorded them in the same session! I have no idea why the bitrate keeps changing back and forth even when I do nothing. I'll get back to you on the PL notes asap.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 28th, 2018, 7:45 am Aaaargh. I literally recorded them in the same session! I have no idea why the bitrate keeps changing back and forth even when I do nothing. I'll get back to you on the PL notes asap.
just for the record, it's not the bitrate, it's the sample rate. I hope you were looking in the right spot ;)

but indeed, if you recorded this in the same session, on the same computer, both in Audacity, then I seriously don't know what could cause this. :(

If ever you find out, please let me know !!!

Sonia
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

pistol pete, CC
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pmstrahm wrote: December 28th, 2018, 6:49 pmhere is the bumpkin
thank you Peter, Bumpkin is perfectly PL ok. He sounds like a no-nonsense kind of guy. :thumbs:

As a note, you don't need to say the act in the voice credit, simply Bumpkin, a soldier, read by Peter Strahm would have been enough. But you left a good pause between, so Todd can easily cut out the mention of the act, no problem. Nothing to reupload. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 28th, 2018, 9:35 pmI'll get to the other two soon
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_5thlady_3_128kb.mp3
yay, you managed to change the sample rate and there is no distortion :9: I'm glad you have sorted it out. (let's hope the settings don't switch back again :help: )

Thank you. PL ok now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks, Leanne, both files at corrected sample rate :thumbs: and excellently added lines. PL ok now.

Have nice celebrations tonight

Sonia