COMPLETE[PLAY]The Funeral: or Grief A-La-Mode by Richard Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

Can I read woman act 1 and First Lady act 3?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bhavya wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 1:56 am Hello,

Can I read woman act 1 and First Lady act 3?
Thank you.

Todd
GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

May I claim Mr. Trusty? What about an English accent? I am well practiced and trained in using one.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

GilmoreDon wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 5:53 pm May I claim Mr. Trusty? What about an English accent? I am well practiced and trained in using one.
Accent as you wish. Seems it would be appropriate, but not required.

Thanks, Todd
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

here is the recording for woman Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_woman_1_128kb.mp3 (0:05)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: October 27th, 2018, 7:13 am here is the recording for woman Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/funeralorgriefalamode_woman_1_128kb.mp3 (0:05)
well...that was a shorty :mrgreen: but thank you for this, you did the most of it that you could. Woman PL ok.

Only one thing you could improve in your further stage roles: please leave at least 2 seconds of pause between the different quotes (so here: between voice credit and sentence). It will make the editor's job a lot easier if he has enough space to fiddle around in.

Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2018, 10:08 am
bhavya wrote: October 27th, 2018, 7:13 am here is the recording for woman Act 1:
well...that was a shorty :mrgreen: but thank you for this, you did the most of it that you could. Woman PL ok.

Only one thing you could improve in your further stage roles: please leave at least 2 seconds of pause between the different quotes (so here: between voice credit and sentence). It will make the editor's job a lot easier if he has enough space to fiddle around in.

Thanks !

Sonia
Will do, thanks!
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 27th, 2018, 9:57 pmHere is Mr. Campley. This is... not a very restrained performance. :lol: I figured, with a name like Campley, it would be disappointing not to be an exuberant troublemaker. I hope it will be good for a laugh. :shock:
:lol: wonderful, Tomas ! Here you outdid yourself. It's a brilliant performance, especially in the third Act where you are constantly bestowing kisses everywhere. Delicious. And he is such a drama queen. I think you had a field day there. :mrgreen:

A very strong performance. :thumbs: Everything PL ok too. Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the first lady is also perfectly PL ok. Ah she is quite a spiteful gossip, isn't she. Very nicely portrayed. Thank you :)

Sonia
Serendipity1

Post by Serendipity1 »

I'd be glad to play the servant for acts 1, 2, and 5, if I'm not too late. I assume the servant remains the same in those acts.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Serendipity1 wrote: October 30th, 2018, 9:37 am I'd be glad to play the servant for acts 1, 2, and 5, if I'm not too late. I assume the servant remains the same in those acts.
hello and welcome to our forum, and especially the drama section :)

I can reserve the servant for you, but please, before you embark on an official recording, do a one-minute-test (all the details should be in your welcome mail) and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21
this is to make sure your technical settings are correct (bitrate, Mono, volume, etc). Once you get the ok on your test, please let me know and I can open a reader page for you. For that I need to know what reader name you want to go by (either forum name or reader name).

Thanks, and I'll see you about !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so now you passed the test, Serendipity, I can officially sign you up for the role. Could you just tell me what reader name you want to go by, then I can open your reader page for you.

Also, since this is the first time you record drama, here are a few special rules:

> no need to do an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Servant, read by Serendipity1" (or whatever you want your reader name to be)

> then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. While it may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially here for this small role, it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in drama :9:

> if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [coughs] or [sneers], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and very important: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech, like [sits down] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because Todd, our editor has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask :)

Thanks

Sonia
Serendipity1

Post by Serendipity1 »

Yay!
I can go by Kay for my reader name.
Thank you, and I'll get started on it as soonas I can!