[PLAY: FULL] The Vampire; or, the Bride of the Isles by J.R. Planche - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » January 8th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Does Andrew need to have an accent? If not necessary I can give it a shot.

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » January 8th, 2019, 8:21 pm

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Hi KIBBONAFIDE!

There are no accent requirements for this or any other play at Librivox. Some volunteers do them, and others do not (and some, like me, just can't do them). So you're welcome to record this part without doing a Scottish brogue. :-)

Thanks for volunteering. I'm going to go ahead and mark you down for this role. Since this is your first time volunteering for a dramatic project, please feel free to contact either me or Kitty (our DPL) about any questions you might have. We're always happy to help newcomers.

Thanks again! :-)
Current Projects:
Arqtiq (Anna Adolph)
The Vampire; or, the Bride of the Isles (J.R. Planche)

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » January 15th, 2019, 12:57 pm

ChuckW wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:21 pm
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
Hi KIBBONAFIDE!

There are no accent requirements for this or any other play at Librivox. Some volunteers do them, and others do not (and some, like me, just can't do them). So you're welcome to record this part without doing a Scottish brogue. :-)

Thanks for volunteering. I'm going to go ahead and mark you down for this role. Since this is your first time volunteering for a dramatic project, please feel free to contact either me or Kitty (our DPL) about any questions you might have. We're always happy to help newcomers.

That's great and thanks for the opportunity!

As I go through the script I just have a couple pronunciation questions:

Is Ruthven just pronounced like it looks, Ruth and ven, or is there another way I'm not considering?

Page 8, Andrew exclaims "Pho! Pho!". As much as I like the Vietnamese noodle soup, I don't think that's what he's talking about. Would you pronounce it "Foe"?

Thank you!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 15th, 2019, 1:05 pm

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 12:57 pm
Is Ruthven just pronounced like it looks, Ruth and ven, or is there another way I'm not considering?
I offered the genuine Scottish pronunciation here: viewtopic.php?p=1489353#p1489353 That would be "Riven" (rhyming on "driven") but not every reader chose this option, so we have a tie between the "riven-camp" and the "ruth-ven-camp" :lol: You can choose whichever you prefer, as long as you stay consistent.
Page 8, Andrew exclaims "Pho! Pho!". As much as I like the Vietnamese noodle soup, I don't think that's what he's talking about. Would you pronounce it "Foe"?
I guess that would be a good choice, yes. It's probably a sort of dismissing exclamation, a bit like "fie fie".

Thanks for asking !

Sonia

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » January 17th, 2019, 9:57 am

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 12:57 pm
ChuckW wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:21 pm
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
Hi KIBBONAFIDE!

That's great and thanks for the opportunity!

As I go through the script I just have a couple pronunciation questions:

Thank you!
Let us know if you need anymore help, KIBBONAFIDE!

And thanks Sonia!
Current Projects:
Arqtiq (Anna Adolph)
The Vampire; or, the Bride of the Isles (J.R. Planche)