COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi,
The dramatis personae book credit for this project is wrong- it's supposed to be Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, by Kate Douglas Wiggin, but it is An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Just a question: do I have to include voice credits for every chapter or just the first?
This is my first 'major' project, so I'm inexperienced in this field.
Thanks,
JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 15th, 2018, 6:04 pm Are we full now? Or are there still roles left?
We are full now. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: September 17th, 2018, 7:54 am Narrator, Chapter 15:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_15_narrator.mp3 (7:50)
Thank you, TJ! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 17th, 2018, 1:49 pm Hi,
The dramatis personae book credit for this project is wrong- it's supposed to be Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, by Kate Douglas Wiggin, but it is An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott.
Thank you! :lol: That's what I get for quickly copying and pasting.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 17th, 2018, 1:59 pm Just a question: do I have to include voice credits for every chapter or just the first?
This is my first 'major' project, so I'm inexperienced in this field.
Thanks,
JayKitty76
No worries -- thanks for your question. :) You only have to include a voice credit in your first chapter.

(Some editors may find it helpful if you have a voice credit at the beginning of every chapter. However, when I edit chapters together, it's more of a hindrance than a help -- just something else I have to go through and cut out.)
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just a logistical question: If JayKitty is playing Rebecca, shouldn't we open up Lorenzo’s Mother and Martha Meserve to another reader? As an avid listener to dramatic readings, I can say it could be quite confusing to the listener. Especially in Chapter 26, after we've heard (and have grown to know and love :D ) Rebecca's voice, the listener may easily be confused as to why Rebecca is at this meeting of adults and why Rebecca is criticizing herself and Mr. Ladd. As the voice attributes mostly come after the quote, the listeners will think Rebecca is speaking before they hear that it is actually Mrs. Meserve (each time). Lorenzo's mother isn't that critical and doesn't necessarily need a voice change, as her comments are not related to Rebecca or the current story line, but Martha Merserve's comments are directly related to Rebecca. I think it will be easy to find someone to read these few lines. I could recruit someone from our drama troupe if you like.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 17th, 2018, 9:08 pm
benderca wrote: September 17th, 2018, 7:54 am Narrator, Chapter 15:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_15_narrator.mp3 (7:50)
Thank you, TJ! :)
You're very welcome. :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

benderca wrote: September 18th, 2018, 3:38 am Just a logistical question: If JayKitty is playing Rebecca, shouldn't we open up Lorenzo’s Mother and Martha Meserve to another reader? As an avid listener to dramatic readings, I can say it could be quite confusing to the listener. Especially in Chapter 26, after we've heard (and have grown to know and love :D ) Rebecca's voice, the listener may easily be confused as to why Rebecca is at this meeting of adults and why Rebecca is criticizing herself and Mr. Ladd. As the voice attributes mostly come after the quote, the listeners will think Rebecca is speaking before they hear that it is actually Mrs. Meserve (each time). Lorenzo's mother isn't that critical and doesn't necessarily need a voice change, as her comments are not related to Rebecca or the current story line, but Martha Merserve's comments are directly related to Rebecca. I think it will be easy to find someone to read these few lines. I could recruit someone from our drama troupe if you like.
Hi benderca,
I'm fine with Twinkle88's opening Mrs. Meserve up again as a role for another person- only that it creates a minor difficulty. It seems that we really want to keep this project full, as we want to get on with cataloguing it as quickly as possible. Opening it up would take a while for someone to actually claim it, then record, then be ready for PL...
Just a thought.
~JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 17th, 2018, 9:10 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: September 17th, 2018, 1:49 pm Hi,
Thank you! :lol: That's what I get for quickly copying and pasting.
No problem!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I just tried to check the recording notes, but it came up with a page that said 'The requested topic does not exist'. If I need them, I can find them on the wiki, but I just thought I'd let you know.

~JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Here are the lines for Mrs. Perkins, Chapters 1 & 26.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_01_mrsperkins.mp3
0.97 KB
57 secs

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_26_mrsperkins.mp3
2.68 KB
2mins, 47 secs

I'm probably the only person (at least, female) who never read this as a child, so it's been a lot of fun. So glad I got to be part of it!
Laura
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Here is chapter 1 of Rebecca Rowena Randall ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_01_rebecca.mp3

File length is 09:40.
Thank you,
~JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 1:39 pm Hi benderca,
I'm fine with Twinkle88's opening Mrs. Meserve up again as a role for another person- only that it creates a minor difficulty. It seems that we really want to keep this project full, as we want to get on with cataloguing it as quickly as possible. Opening it up would take a while for someone to actually claim it, then record, then be ready for PL...
Just a thought.
~JayKitty76
No worries there. It's only a small part and we are months away from getting cataloged. :D But, it's Twinkle's call.