COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 12:04 pm She doesn't say much, but she sure is cute when she's saying it! Eleven-year-old Jasmin Salma playing eleven-year-old Emma Jane:

Chapter 7:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_07_emmajane.mp3
Thank you! :) Yeah, Ms. Wiggin should have written a book about Emma Jane, too!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 2:01 pm Hi,
The role for Mrs. Perkins has been open for a while. I would like to claim this role- however, I would like to make one small change to her lines. In chapter 1, she describes Rebecca as 'black as an Injun'. May I say 'Indian' instead?
Thank you for your consideration,
Yes, since Mrs. Perkins is in the same chapter as Martha Meserve, I would prefer another volunteer read for her. Thank you, though! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

NishthaRocks wrote: August 25th, 2018, 7:50 am
Twinkle88 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 3:16 pmAlso, for future reference, please remember not to include brackets in the names of your audio files, as they can't be entered into the Magic Window that way. (I went ahead and fixed them, so it's okay for this time. :) )
So sorry! Will keep that in mind. :(
No worries! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

NishthaRocks wrote: August 25th, 2018, 7:53 am
Twinkle88 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 3:28 pmWhoops! Thank you very much for pointing this out!! :)
It's cool! I love pointing out other's mistakes! (just kidding)
Haha! :wink: The sooner the better for stuff like this!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

bhavya wrote: August 26th, 2018, 4:34 am Hello,

Adam Ludd: CH 17,24 and 30 which were ready for spot pl are PL OK.
Sarah Cobb: all her aprts, i.e, 3,11,12,18,26,28 are also PL OK.
Wonderful! :clap:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 27th, 2018, 2:11 pm Hi,
Martha Meserve is still marked 'See PL notes'. Is there something I need to fix, or is it ok? Thank you.
Yes, sorry for any confusion. I looked into it; there is one PL note for Martha Meserve:

Misread line @ 1:39 - "The more I think of it, the more I think Adam Ladd intended Rebecca should have that prize when he gave it."
benderca

Post by benderca »

Twinkle88 wrote: August 27th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Martha Meserve is still marked 'See PL notes'. Is there something I need to fix, or is it ok? Thank you.
Yes, sorry for any confusion. I looked into it; there is one PL note for Martha Meserve:

Misread line @ 1:39 - "The more I think of it, the more I think Adam Ladd intended Rebecca should have that prize when he gave it."
I wanted to add a few notes about Martha Meserve Chapter 26.

First off, I want to say great job, JayKitty! Your Martha is a great character and you’ve got her dialect down wonderfully!

While you are editing the section, I have a few more corrections:

0:42
"My Huldy could 'a' done it, and not winked an eyelash,"

You say “blinked” instead of “winked”.

1:01
"I guess there ain't no end to Adam Ladd's money."

“ain’t” seems to have been cut off - it sounds like “eh”.

1:41
"...the more I think Adam Ladd intended Rebecca should have that prize when he gave it."

In addition to leaving “I think” out, you also say “ha-got” instead of “have”.

You have quite a bit of noise in the background of your recording. This will sound strange if you are talking to someone who has no (or little) background noise.

Noise Reduction is really easy and takes about 2 seconds. It's easiest if you do it before turning in all your files because that makes the editor's job much easier. When I finish recording I let the recorder run a few seconds without my voice or breathing at the end. This records only the sounds of your computer and/or your surroundings. Then highlight a small section of this empty recording at the end, click "effect", then "noise reduction", then "get noise profile". After that highlight your entire file (Ctrl + A). Then click "effect" and then click "Repeat Noise Reduction" right up at the top. Done.

One more note: Please leave 3 seconds between all you lines – even when the narrator interrupts your line (it makes editing your lines into the final file much easier).
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 20th, 2018, 2:57 pm Hi,
Here is my upload for Martha Meserve. Hopefully everything is ok, I noise cleaned it and set the speed settings. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_26_martha.mp3
I just noticed that you said you had noise cleaned, but this file doesn't sound noise cleaned. Maybe your settings aren't strong enough.

I use the following settings:

Nose reduction (dB): 12
Sensitivity: 6.00
Frequency smoothing: 3
Noise: "Reduce"
Last edited by benderca on August 28th, 2018, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

rieyrules wrote: August 5th, 2018, 5:33 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_03_jane.mp3
0.79 KB 50sec

I will await any criticism. I hope to have the remaining 7 chapters of her coming up soon. I'm so glad I got to take on her role- she seems so kind-hearted.
Laura
terrybenn wrote: August 20th, 2018, 3:08 am For Jane Sawyer:
The mic has a tinny sound that creates a roar or sibilant S sound on certain words. It improves somewhat with each successive recording.

Ch. 3 is unintelligible. There seems to have been an equipment failure.
I agree with terrybenn and think that Chapter 3 needs to be rerecorded. It has a strong background echo (that can't easily be fixed - I've tried) and the "S"es squeak piercingly. The other chapters are better, so I assume the mic problem has been sorted out.

Great acting, by the way, Laura!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

benderca wrote: August 28th, 2018, 7:49 am
Twinkle88 wrote: August 27th, 2018, 7:12 pm

I wanted to add a few notes about Martha Meserve Chapter 26.

First off, I want to say great job, JayKitty! Your Martha is a great character and you’ve got her dialect down wonderfully!

While you are editing the section, I have a few more corrections:

0:42
"My Huldy could 'a' done it, and not winked an eyelash,"

You say “blinked” instead of “winked”.

1:01
"I guess there ain't no end to Adam Ladd's money."

“ain’t” seems to have been cut off - it sounds like “eh”.

1:41
"...the more I think Adam Ladd intended Rebecca should have that prize when he gave it."

In addition to leaving “I think” out, you also say “ha-got” instead of “have”.

You have quite a bit of noise in the background of your recording. This will sound strange if you are talking to someone who has no (or little) background noise.

Noise Reduction is really easy and takes about 2 seconds. It's easiest if you do it before turning in all your files because that makes the editor's job much easier. When I finish recording I let the recorder run a few seconds without my voice or breathing at the end. This records only the sounds of your computer and/or your surroundings. Then highlight a small section of this empty recording at the end, click "effect", then "noise reduction", then "get noise profile". After that highlight your entire file (Ctrl + A). Then click "effect" and then click "Repeat Noise Reduction" right up at the top. Done.

One more note: Please leave 3 seconds between all you lines – even when the narrator interrupts your line (it makes editing your lines into the final file much easier).
Thank you so much for your encouragement benderca! I will see what I can do about the recording. My noise reduction settings are a bit lower than what you recommended, I will try to put them a little higher. Again, thank you so much!

-JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Here is Martha Meserve for PL. I updated the noise reduction and cut/insert several different words to make it sound much better, as the PL notes recommended. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_26_martha.mp3

-JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Yikes! I'll re-record Chapter 3, hopefully with better results. Do you need me to re-record any other chapters?
Laura
bobb

Post by bobb »

Hi,
I would like to claim the role of Mrs. Perkins. I would like to say 'Indian' instead of 'Injun' when I get to that portion. Please let me know if that is possible. This will be my first recording. My username is bobb, but I am female so the role will be gender correct.

Thank you,
bobb
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten
bobb

Post by bobb »

Here is my 1-Minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/1-Minute_test.mp3

Thank you,
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: August 28th, 2018, 7:49 amI wanted to add a few notes about Martha Meserve Chapter 26.
Thank you for your input, TJ; however bhavya is the DPL for this project. It could get confusing for readers if they have different PL notes coming from different people. Also (not to sound snarky), please remember not to download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic.

I still stand with the original PL note I wrote for Martha Meserve. This is a standard PL project, so since the other things you mentioned do not change the meaning of the sentence, it is not necessary to address them.
Twinkle88 wrote: August 27th, 2018, 7:12 pmYes, sorry for any confusion. I looked into it; there is one PL note for Martha Meserve: