COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin (1856 - 1923).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/rebecca-of-sunnybrook-farm-by-kate-douglas-wiggin-2/

When ten-year-old Rebecca Randall arrives at her aunts' brick house in Riverboro, she is not exactly welcomed with the open arms one would hope for. Her cheerful spirit touches the lives of many, but will Rebecca be able to endure Aunt Miranda's stern ways?
All roles will be gender correct, except where noted in the MW (M=Male, F=Female, N=Neutral)
Please read ONLY from the script links in the MW!

MC: MaryAnn
BC: Twinkle88
DPL: bhavya
Parts PL (edited chapters): HannahMary
Narrator: benderca
Editor: bhavya, fiddlesticks

Additional proof-listening by ErickMcFarlow, linny, and terrybenn

1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two-month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here:
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (and include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during, and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (only for the DPL!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/498
    Please read from the Text Links in the Magic Window — scroll down past the character listings!
  5. Please claim roles by section number (the numbers in the first column below).
    Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

*Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [Your Name].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3
    rebecca_[##]_[role].mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the two-digit chapter number. (e.g. rebecca_01_jane.mp3)
  9. Transfer of files (completed recordings):
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.

Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  10. Any questions?
    Please post below.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on May 3rd, 2019, 5:43 pm, edited 28 times in total.
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Checking in before I go to bed to say that this looks fantastic, please save a role for me x
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Can I please DPL? I cannot check the technical issues, but I can check for reading errors. Thanks
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you very much! PM sent. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote: June 27th, 2018, 9:00 am Checking in before I go to bed to say that this looks fantastic, please save a role for me x
No worries; looks like there will be a role or two left in the morning. :wink:
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Will check again when the MW is ready :)
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I would love to help with editing when it gets there :D
~Tiffany
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wonderful! :) Thank you so much! Were you thinking all the chapters, or just maybe half, or...? Just wondering if I still need to keep the editors wanted post up.
schipdog

Post by schipdog »

I would love to help PL this book. I remember it fondly from my childhood.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Twinkle88 wrote: June 29th, 2018, 6:19 am Wonderful! :) Thank you so much! Were you thinking all the chapters, or just maybe half, or...? Just wondering if I still need to keep the editors wanted post up.
Now that I have a better feel for what editing entails, I would love to tackle the whole book! This was an old favorite of mine growing up as well :D
~Tiffany
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

schipdog wrote: June 29th, 2018, 4:22 pm I would love to help PL this book. I remember it fondly from my childhood.
Thank you very much for the offer! :) We already have a designated proof-listener, but I'll check in with him and ask if he'd want some help. I'll let you know, schipdog. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

fiddlesticks wrote: June 29th, 2018, 5:38 pmNow that I have a better feel for what editing entails, I would love to tackle the whole book! This was an old favorite of mine growing up as well :D
That sounds great! Thanks, Tiffany!!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'm on the road so it will be this evening before I can get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Yay! Can't wait to get started
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

MW is ready to be filled in.
MaryAnn