COMPLETE[PLAY]Psyche by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 27th, 2018, 11:28 am
leanneyauyau wrote: May 27th, 2018, 10:54 am Never mind, someone got to Venus before I did! I'll take Love.
great, thanks Leanne. Just to confirm, "Love" here is the young god Eros, the son of Venus, who falls in love with Psyche. Is that the role you wanted to claim ?

Todd, I think there is a bit of a confusion in the script. In the beginning Love is called Cupid, when he first shows up with his mother (Venus) in the prologue. Later on he appears in a grown-up version as Love to woo Psyche. The problem is that there are some minor "cupids" fluttering about as well, and who sing in the chorus I think. We need to make sure these are not mixed up.

So Leanne, please also check the lines for "Cupid" in the Prologue, that's actually the same person than Love.

Sonia
I had been thinking that the two Love and Cupid roles were separate. Bet there was grand confusion when this was staged too...

I won't be able to effectively mix more that 4 voices in the various chorus parts when I assemble things so if a few get left out that's okay.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 27th, 2018, 11:44 am I had been thinking that the two Love and Cupid roles were separate. Bet there was grand confusion when this was staged too...
I think I have it figured out.

Cupid in the Prologue is the young version of Love later on in the play. He is the son of Venus and falling in love with Psyche, therefore "growing up" into Love.

The cupid in the third Interlude is a different role, this is made clear because it's Cupid/Love who tells him to sing.
I won't be able to effectively mix more that 4 voices in the various chorus parts when I assemble things so if a few get left out that's okay.
ok, so as soon as I have 4 voices for the several chorusses I should not insist anymore ?

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I'll take Love, and whatever younger versions of him exist. :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 27th, 2018, 12:09 pm I'll take Love, and whatever younger versions of him exist. :lol:
all right, Tomas, you can wind your way through this labyrinth of love :lol: Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 27th, 2018, 11:50 am
ToddHW wrote: May 27th, 2018, 11:44 am I won't be able to effectively mix more that 4 voices in the various chorus parts when I assemble things so if a few get left out that's okay.
ok, so as soon as I have 4 voices for the several chorusses I should not insist anymore ?

Sonia
Ah, but which 4 are the best to use? Don't need to insist though once we reach 4; if we have more than 4 I might select 4 that go together best (whatever "best" is).

Thanks, Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Todd,

Where it is indicated to sing, (like here): after which Vertumnus and Palemon sing the following dialogue:—

Do you want us to sing or just recite? ..or is it optional?

Thnx!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

NemoR wrote: May 27th, 2018, 2:17 pm Todd,

Where it is indicated to sing, (like here): after which Vertumnus and Palemon sing the following dialogue:—

Do you want us to sing or just recite? ..or is it optional?

Thnx!
DO NOT SING

(It is too hard to verify that tunes are PD, and even harder to match up voices in choruses.)

Thanks, Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

ToddHW wrote: May 27th, 2018, 3:04 pm

DO NOT SING

(It is too hard to verify that tunes are PD, and even harder to match up voices in choruses.)

Thanks, Todd
............so, no singing then? :D :D :D :D

BTW, enjoy your retirement and the new location!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I read Jupiter in act 5, always nice to get your name first in the cast list.
As Todd says we can claim more than one small role, may I also read the King in act 2.
I could also do the River God in act 4 as he only seems to have one speech.
Feeling rather godlike this morning!
I promise I will not sing.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, your majesty.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: May 27th, 2018, 7:50 am I'm up for some nasty role this time. Cidippe, one of the mean jealous sisters :twisted: who is trying to make poor Psyche's life hell.
Who's going to be mean with me ? There's another sister available :mrgreen:

oh...and DPL of course :)

Sonia
Ooooh, mean, jealous sister? I'm in! May I read Aglaura please? (Of course I'll finish my other projects first).

Only one question: Should we sing? :lol:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Your sister will complain if you sing.

Todd
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

May I have Lycas? (He gets to say an -- almost-- rhyming poem, I'm in...)
Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ZamesCurran wrote: May 28th, 2018, 9:03 pm May I have Lycas? (He gets to say an -- almost-- rhyming poem, I'm in...)
great to have you on board, James :)

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.