COMPLETE[PLAY]Trelawny of the Wells by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes now I got the correct ones :thumbs: Excellent edits in both acts and the way you handled the voice credits (theatrical folk) was superb. And thank you so much for giving me the new time stamps, made it so much easier to find it all back. :9:

Act 2 is now PL ok.

For the voice credits in Act 1 I have three small edits still:

> at 1:03: “Hallkeeper...” can be cut out as the poor actor actually had no speaking role

> at 1:37: “Mr Ablett, a grocer” – you say “gracer”

> at about 1:50: you forgot your own credit ;)Stage directions read by Larry Wilson”. You have such an important job here, and probably more work than any of us, so you need to be credited !

Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, good to get these in.
I'll work on the final edits for Acts III and IV

Here are the little corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_1_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: October 10th, 2018, 10:26 am Here are the little corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_1_128kb.mp3
thank you, now PL ok. I only just noticed that you put the intro disclaimer after the persons of the play. Normally it should be all at the beginning. But no need to reupload again, I'll only make a note for Todd in the MW, so that he easily finds them. They start at 1:50.

Thanks, Larry, looking forward to the rest !

Sonia
tomshortland

Post by tomshortland »

This is my first time volunteering so I think I'd like quite a small role. Could I play The Gentleman (8) in the fourth act please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

tomshortland wrote: October 11th, 2018, 1:44 am This is my first time volunteering so I think I'd like quite a small role. Could I play The Gentleman (8) in the fourth act please?
Welcome aboard!

As soon as you get your one-minute test checked out so you know your equipment is set up okay, that have at it! In addition to asking you to pay attention to what is in the first posting in this project, I can give no finer intro than one recently posted by our DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener - who listens to all the parts and completed act files) Sonia:
There are indeed a few "rules" for drama reading, so here they are:

1) no need to do an intro or outro, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "The Gentleman (Mr Denzil), read by Tom" (or whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. While it may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially if only in one act, it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in drama :9:

3) if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [sneezes], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible. Makes it more lively. :9:

4) very important: leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or longer. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech , like [slaps him] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because the editor (Todd) has to copy all your parts and paste them in a master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

I think that's it. The main thing is: Have fun !
Any questions, just post - we'll be glad to answer them. And again, welcome!

Thanks, Todd
tomshortland

Post by tomshortland »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tomshortland wrote: October 12th, 2018, 9:49 am Here's The Gentleman's (Mr Denzil's) lines:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_thegentleman_4_128kb.mp3
excellent, Tom :clap: this is exactly what is needed. Good characterization and I love the cast-off aside you are doing while crossing the stage. Perfect, you gave this short role a life. This is PL ok, and now I seriously hope to hear you in another play soon :9:

Congratulations on you first official LV recording.

here you can track all your projects (only one so far) : https://librivox.org/reader/12843
if you want your reader name to be different than your forum name (Tom Shortland, for example), just tell us and we can change that. We can also add a website if you have one.

Sonia
tomshortland

Post by tomshortland »

Kitty wrote: October 12th, 2018, 10:14 am if you want your reader name to be different than your forum name (Tom Shortland, for example), just tell us and we can change that.
Yeah, could my reader name be Tom Shortland please? Thanks for being so kind and helpful, you guys have really made me feel welcome here :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tomshortland wrote: October 12th, 2018, 12:29 pm Yeah, could my reader name be Tom Shortland please? Thanks for being so kind and helpful, you guys have really made me feel welcome here :)
it's changed now: https://librivox.org/reader/12843

:) I'm happy you like it here. We aim to please. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you Sonia!

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Another update:

Well, I intended to get Acts III and IV done this weekend at a retreat, but I forgot my power cord and my reading glasses. Of course we were in the mountains without cell or internet coverage. And, unexpected things have swooped in to steal even more of my LV time this week. Nonetheless, I've made the final pass over Act III. I have just a few corrections and a couple of missed lines to take care of (in the morning, I hope) and I'll have it in to you.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 9:33 pmWell, I intended to get Acts III and IV done this weekend at a retreat, but I forgot my power cord and my reading glasses. Of course we were in the mountains without cell or internet coverage.
I guess a "retreat" involves no internet, so you are not bothered by the outside world ;)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yep, it is one of my favorite places where all stress drains away. Particularly beautiful in the autumn with the fabled New England colors reflected on the lake. Young bear spotted sniffing around. And, of course, a blazing bonfire the last evening.

As promised, here is Act III stage directions. I'm confident I got everything, but still something could have still slipped past me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_3_128kb.mp3 30:40
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

silverquill wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 6:46 am Yep, it is one of my favorite places where all stress drains away. Particularly beautiful in the autumn with the fabled New England colors reflected on the lake. Young bear spotted sniffing around. And, of course, a blazing bonfire the last evening.

As promised, here is Act III stage directions. I'm confident I got everything, but still something could have still slipped past me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_3_128kb.mp3 30:40
Thank you.

As originally a New Englander, the retreat scenery sounds great!

Thanks, Todd