COMPLETE[PLAY]Trelawny of the Wells by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 19th, 2018, 10:39 pm Colpoys revised
thank you, Alan. Now all the lines are in, I think. PL ok.

We don't have our Gadd yet, but I hope he'll say the line where you are imitating him a bit similarly. :lol:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2018, 1:47 am
We don't have our Gadd yet, but I hope he'll say the line where you are imitating him a bit similarly.
I thought about this but decided not to wait until the other part is in. I suppose I could revise my line later if needed.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 20th, 2018, 2:06 am I thought about this but decided not to wait until the other part is in. I suppose I could revise my line later if needed.
yes I will check this out once the line is in. I'm sure we will find a compromise. Thanks !

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I noticed that Avonia sings parts of three songs in the script. I couldn't find the songs for two of them, but for the one where she sings with Tom, it's "Ever of Thee", which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZAg3t5s-5w
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I noticed that Avonia sings parts of three songs in the script. I couldn't find the songs for two of them, but for the one where she sings with Tom, it's "Ever of Thee", which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZAg3t5s-5w
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

@WiltedScribe, since you're playing Tom, have a listen to this.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everofthee_tomandavonia.mp3

Would you be alright with singing it at this pitch and speed, just for consistency's sake? Otherwise our voices would horribly clash in the editing process.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawneyofthewells_thelady_04_128kbps.mp3 time 0:35

Sonia,
Here is 18; The Lady (miss Brewster) and I do hope that I have not missed anything. :hmm: Please let me know if I did.
thank you,
April
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: June 27th, 2018, 1:36 pm Here is 18; The Lady (miss Brewster) and I do hope that I have not missed anything. :hmm: Please let me know if I did.
no I think everything is in there. Thank you April, your lady is quite easily ruffled by the news she hears about her partner in the play :lol:

Only one note, you don't have to say "Act 4" in the middle of your voice credit, this part will get cut out anyway. But no need to reupload now, Todd can easily cut it out later on.

Thanks ! :clap: PL ok.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:)
Kitty wrote: June 28th, 2018, 12:21 am
adr6090 wrote: June 27th, 2018, 1:36 pm Here is 18; The Lady (miss Brewster) and I do hope that I have not missed anything. :hmm: Please let me know if I did.
no I think everything is in there. Thank you April, your lady is quite easily ruffled by the news she hears about her partner in the play :lol:

Only one note, you don't have to say "Act 4" in the middle of your voice credit, this part will get cut out anyway. But no need to reupload now, Todd can easily cut it out later on.

Thanks ! :clap: PL ok.

Sonia
April
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

May I claim Mrs. Telfer?

I love this show--18 years of stage managing, I feel like I know all these people. (Guess some things never change!)
Susan Ferman
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SusanFerman wrote: June 30th, 2018, 9:02 pm May I claim Mrs. Telfer?
I love this show--18 years of stage managing, I feel like I know all these people. (Guess some things never change!)
Hi Susan, welcome to our play :D we're always happy to rope in new voices and talents :mrgreen: Looks like your real-life job as well prepared you for this. I'll sign you up for Mrs Telfer. I see you don't have a personal reader page yet, so please tell me by what name you want to be credited by, can be your real name or some other nickname. For the moment I reserve that part for you.

Since you are pretty new at drama in LV, here are a few instructions, particular to drama recording:

> no need to speak and intro or outro, the narrator will provide this part. Please only make a complete voice credit. For you here that would be "Mrs Telfer (Miss Violet Sylvester) read by Susan Ferman", if that is the reader name you want to go by.

> record each line that your character has to speak in the text, leaving at least 2-3 seconds of silence between each block of speeches. Even if the narrator only interrupts one of your sentences with a stage direction, like for example "Thank you, but" [goes to table] "that won't be necessary", also here: record "Thank you, but" - leave 2 seconds of silence - record "but that won' be necessary". This pause will make it easier to copy/paste your bits into a masterfile later on

> be as expressive as you can :) I find it helps to read at least the scene or few lines around the character to know how they should be reacting to the other people.

> one file per act please. The correct file naming can be found in the first post.

Most of all: have fun !

If there are still questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we existing audio addicts do.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Welcome back Todd.
Kitty has been holding the fort magnificently.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh, I'm not really back. Just temporarily plugged in during my move. Kitty remains in charge!

Thanks, Todd
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Kitty wrote: July 1st, 2018, 12:36 am
SusanFerman wrote: June 30th, 2018, 9:02 pm May I claim Mrs. Telfer?
Hi Susan, welcome to our play :D we're always happy to rope in new voices and talents :mrgreen: Looks like your real-life job as well prepared you for this. I'll sign you up for Mrs Telfer. I see you don't have a personal reader page yet, so please tell me by what name you want to be credited by, can be your real name or some other nickname. For the moment I reserve that part for you.

Since you are pretty new at drama in LV, here are a few instructions, particular to drama recording:

> no need to speak and intro or outro, the narrator will provide this part. Please only make a complete voice credit. For you here that would be "Mrs Telfer (Miss Violet Sylvester) read by Susan Ferman", if that is the reader name you want to go by.

> record each line that your character has to speak in the text, leaving at least 2-3 seconds of silence between each block of speeches. Even if the narrator only interrupts one of your sentences with a stage direction, like for example "Thank you, but" [goes to table] "that won't be necessary", also here: record "Thank you, but" - leave 2 seconds of silence - record "but that won' be necessary". This pause will make it easier to copy/paste your bits into a masterfile later on

> be as expressive as you can :) I find it helps to read at least the scene or few lines around the character to know how they should be reacting to the other people.

> one file per act please. The correct file naming can be found in the first post.

Most of all: have fun !

If there are still questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
I think I just want to use my real name, Susan Ferman, as my reader name. Assuming I don't get sunk by neighbors with fireworks, I am going to give a shot at recording tonight, while no one else is home.

S
Susan Ferman