COMPLETE[PLAY]At The Sign Of The Greedy Pig by Charles Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 10:04 am oh and while looking through the text to find lines for the old woman, I also stumbled over a third woman, and two men who have a short speech on page 206 :? I'll put those characters in the MW as well... or maybe that's what you meant by First and Second Villager :hmm: I guess they can be doubled by some readers though. Basically they are only some female or male people in the crowd.

Sonia
So do you wish for me to read those as well?
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 10:01 am
adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 9:18 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_01_128kbps.mp3 time 0:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_02_128kbps.mp3 time 00:46
Good morning,
Here are two files that I have claimed.
April
8-) wonderful, April, you play the part of a gossipy biddy quite well :thumbs: especially in the second act you are really getting into to game when you are cheated out of a hanging (how macabre :shock: )

Act 2 is already PL ok, even though your voice credit is not the correct one, you are "An old Woman", not "Another old Woman", this part is read by another reader. But that's ok, Todd can simply ignore this voice credit, since there will be the correct one in the first act. No need to reupload.

for Act 1, I have some PL notes though:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, could you please say it like it was in the MW ? "An old Woman, read by April..."

> at about 0:08: you missed some lines for "an old woman" which you also have to read:

on p. 171:
> "Is it said what the miracle will be ?"
> "God's mercy !"
> "That I should live to see this day !"

on p. 172:
> "What ? Whimp ?"

thank you

Sonia

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_01_128kbps.mp3 time 36:75
Hello again Sonia,
Above is the new file with the edits you had mentioned and thank you for pointing out the items that I needed to fix.
Seriously, I do appreciate your assistance with this.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:00 am So do you wish for me to read those as well?
no no, that won't work, as they are talking among themselves, you cannot be two persons so close together. ;)

I'll check your other file tomorrow, thanks for the quick edits !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:41 am
adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:00 am So do you wish for me to read those as well?
no no, that won't work, as they are talking among themselves, you cannot be two persons so close together. ;)

I'll check your other file tomorrow, thanks for the quick edits !

Sonia
Sounds good to me, on all counts....
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:15 amAbove is the new file with the edits you had mentioned and thank you for pointing out the items that I needed to fix.
thanks April, the missing lines are all in now. I love your incredulous "What ? Whimp ?" :thumbs:

Still...the voice credit needs to be corrected too:

> you said "Another old Woman", but that is another reader. Yours should be "An old Woman"

The rest is fine !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 9th, 2018, 12:20 am
adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:15 amAbove is the new file with the edits you had mentioned and thank you for pointing out the items that I needed to fix.
thanks April, the missing lines are all in now. I love your incredulous "What ? Whimp ?" :thumbs:

Still...the voice credit needs to be corrected too:

> you said "Another old Woman", but that is another reader. Yours should be "An old Woman"

The rest is fine !

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_01_128kbps.mp3 time 0:31
Hello Sonia,
I actually had the correct mp3 though evidently I was a touch confused and posted the one with the incorrect voice credit, so this one is the correct one.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:33 am I actually had the correct mp3 though evidently I was a touch confused and posted the one with the incorrect voice credit, so this one is the correct one.
yes, thank you, this definitely is the correct one now :thumbs: PL ok

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote: July 9th, 2018, 11:54 am
adr6090 wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:33 am I actually had the correct mp3 though evidently I was a touch confused and posted the one with the incorrect voice credit, so this one is the correct one.
yes, thank you, this definitely is the correct one now :thumbs: PL ok

Sonia
April
Roger

Post by Roger »

I would enjoy laying claim to the role of the Surgeon, if I may?
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Roger wrote: July 13th, 2018, 10:37 am I would enjoy laying claim to the role of the Surgeon, if I may?
Thank you.

Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I could do the Girl in the first act and the voice in the crowd in the second act if you like.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: July 13th, 2018, 4:32 pmI could do the Girl in the first act and the voice in the crowd in the second act if you like.
thank you, Ava. I'll sign you up. :)

And Roger: looking forward to your Surgeon :mrgreen:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim Another Old Woman?
Am I correct in my understanding that after her first appearance as "Another", she's referred to as "Second" as well?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 16th, 2018, 12:38 pm May I claim Another Old Woman?
Am I correct in my understanding that after her first appearance as "Another", she's referred to as "Second" as well?
thank you Foon and yes that is correct. In the discussion that follows, she is referred to as Second Woman. Also a bit later if I'm not mistaken. So please read both "Another" and "Second" (and also the "ALL" line later on).

I also noted down a third woman in the MW in Act 2, who is also called "and another" I think. But you'll find out that should be someone else speaking. I noted that sentence in the MW, so you see which one I mean.

:)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here are the few lines for Another Old Woman:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anotheroldwoman_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anotheroldwoman_2_128kb.mp3

I found only one All line, "Hooray!" in Act 2 - is that correct?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian