COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man In His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ZamesCurran wrote: October 8th, 2018, 8:40 pmAll caught up. Here's Brainworm, Act II:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_brainworm_2.mp3
Brainworm Act 1 is PL ok now.

For Act 2, I have two small notes to correct:

> at 7:01: “there is no ascent by desert in these days” – the way you stress it on the first syllable, it means this “sandy area”, but actually it should be stressed on the second syllable to mean “merit” in this context (the noun of the verb “to deserve sth good”)

> at 7:46: “I’ll but garter my hose” – you say “your hose” which is definitely not what he meant here ;)

I liked the ending speech, you sound quite mischievous there. 8-)

thanks, James

Sonia
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Kitty wrote: October 9th, 2018, 4:41 am > at 7:01: “there is no ascent by desert in these days” – the way you stress it on the first syllable, it means this “sandy area”, but actually it should be stressed on the second syllable to mean “merit” in this context (the noun of the verb “to deserve sth good”)
Aha

I've noticed that he often uses "t" at the end of words, where modern writers would use "ed". I took me a while to figure out how to pronounce "possest".
Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for these submissions :) Cash is nicely portrayed, I especially like the moments where he is running after Cob. :mrgreen: good job for your first outing into drama.

However there are a few things that need correcting:

for Act 1:

> the file has the wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant.

> for the voice credit, please say the full description as in the MW: “Thomas Cash, Kitely’s cashier, read by B Danziger”

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_2_128kb . We never use section numbers in stage plays, because the roles get rearranged constantly. As you can see, you are moved up to positions 2-4 now. So the number of the act is used instead. Also please never use capital letters in your filenames. And the [ ] may break the link, so these are better avoided too. We only gave them in the template as example.

for Act 2:

> again wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> volume a bit too high, maybe reduce by 2 dB at least

> at about 2:57: missing line: “Now must I look out for a messenger to my master.

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_3_128kb

for Act 3:

> also here: wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> at 0:16: missing line: “My mistress and your sister—

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_4_128kb

Thank you

Sonia
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

Kitty wrote: October 12th, 2018, 12:00 am
thank you for these submissions :) Cash is nicely portrayed, I especially like the moments where he is running after Cob. :mrgreen: good job for your first outing into drama.

However there are a few things that need correcting:

for Act 1:

> the file has the wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant.

> for the voice credit, please say the full description as in the MW: “Thomas Cash, Kitely’s cashier, read by B Danziger”

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_2_128kb . We never use section numbers in stage plays, because the roles get rearranged constantly. As you can see, you are moved up to positions 2-4 now. So the number of the act is used instead. Also please never use capital letters in your filenames. And the [ ] may break the link, so these are better avoided too. We only gave them in the template as example.

for Act 2:

> again wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> volume a bit too high, maybe reduce by 2 dB at least

> at about 2:57: missing line: “Now must I look out for a messenger to my master.

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_3_128kb

for Act 3:

> also here: wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> at 0:16: missing line: “My mistress and your sister—

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_4_128kb

Thank you

Sonia
:D Thanks! It went better that I expected. I'll fix it.
bdanzige
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: October 27th, 2018, 11:06 am And finally, Master Mathew, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_mathew_1_128kb.mp3
how long did you practice to say "un-in-one-breath-utterable skill" without stumbling ? :lol: what a word !

Master Matthew is excellently done, TJ. Bravo. I love his nonchalance and self-assurance. I think this dialogue with Bobadill and Cob will sound great once assembled.

PL ok. Thanks for the great performance.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2018, 12:52 pm how long did you practice to say "un-in-one-breath-utterable skill" without stumbling ? :lol: what a word !
Ha! It sure took longer than one breath!
Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2018, 12:52 pm Master Matthew is excellently done, TJ. Bravo. I love his nonchalance and self-assurance. I think this dialogue with Bobadill and Cob will sound great once assembled.

PL ok. Thanks for the great performance.
Thanks, Sonia! He's a funny character. It's funny how Mathew jokes around with Cob, but is in total awe of Captain Bobadill, and believes all the fantastic stories Bobadill tells about himself. Bobadill is definitely my favorite character in this play. He's hilarious!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Can I claim Edward Knowell, please?
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: October 29th, 2018, 9:53 amCan I claim Edward Knowell, please?
you can ! Thank you, Rob. Already looking forward to that :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: October 30th, 2018, 3:04 pm Here are the Edward Knowell files.
wonderful, Rob :clap: you make Edward sound sufficiently witty and suspicious of Bobadill. He's not one of those easily gulled. Great characterization.

Acts 1,2,4 and 5 are already PL ok. Thanks for giving us 2 versions for Bobadill, I'll make a note for Todd in the MW. I think the second version is the one the others used.

Some PL notes for Act 3:

> at about 2:08: missing line: Oh ay, excellent.

> at 5:48: Tut, he has more of these shifts. - wouldn't have mentioned it if it had been PL ok, but since you reupload anyway, you could also give us a well-indignated "tut" here, if you wish :mrgreen:

> at 6:36: missing final part: Nay, good captain, will you regard the humour of a fool? Away, knave.

Thanks !

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

Can I claim stage directions?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: October 31st, 2018, 9:30 pm Can I claim stage directions?
thank you, Bhavya :) We are already waiting for the stage directions, so the acts can be assembled together. Is this your first time reading stage directions ? The rules are just the same as for the roles, leave 2 or 3 seconds between each quote, that is very important. Then scan the text and read everything that is not read by a person, like "Enter Wellbred", or "puts down glass" or whatever.

Special rule here: if the directions are at the beginning of a sentence, please also say the name of the character, for example: "Cob, aside". If it is inside of Cob's speech, than you don't have to say the name, as we know who will be speaking. Example: Cob: "Very well, I will do it." [aside] "You bet I will." - in this case only say "aside".

Also please read the Dramatis Personae with all the characteristics of the Magic Window, example: "WELLBRED, his Half-Brother, read by". Then in case one of our readers hasn't done the entire voice credit, we can insert yours.

If you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask. And if you wouldn't mind, please upload the first finished act as soon as you have it ready, then I can have a look already and tell you if anything is wrong before you start on act 2. ;)

Thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello Sonia,

This is my first time reading stage directions. And I will upload Act 1 as soon as I can.

Thanks!
Bhavya