COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man In His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: September 14th, 2018, 5:42 pm Justice Clement, acts 3 and 5 for PL:
Nemo, this is won-der-ful :clap: you applied the qualifier "merry" in your voice credit to the letter. I have rarely heard a player be so cheerful throughout their performance. Excellent job, I highly enjoyed listening to it all. And the ending speech of the play is perfect, it all ends on a cheery note.

Super well done ! PL ok

Thanks

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: September 15th, 2018, 7:20 amHere we go, Roger Formal for PL:
thank you for these, Eva. A worthy sidekick to the Justice :thumbs: very dutiful and endearing somehow. In the end I pitied him a bit.

I'll mark 3 and 5 already PL ok.

For Act 4, could you please change the following:

> for the voice credit, could you please say the whole description: "Roger Formal, his Clerk, read by Eva Davis"

> at 0:13 and 0:19: could you please leave a bit more space here, to make it easier for Todd. You let it run all on as if it was one sentence

you can put the voice credit in Act 4, so you don't have to reupload 2 sections. I'll make a note in the MW.

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

I will do Kitely if not taken.....thanks!

11 KITELY, a merchant, Act 2 Open
12 KITELY, a merchant, Act 3 Open
13 KITELY, a merchant, Act 4 Open
14 KITELY, a merchant, Act 5 Open
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 15th, 2018, 4:44 pm I will do Kitely if not taken.....thanks!
Kitely still available and now reserved for you

Thank you, Joe 8-) Looking forward !

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

First act for Kitely done (act 2)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_02_128kb.mp3 8:30

There may be a line or two that needs rereading....or perhaps not. Thanks! Have read the other acts, the editing is a bit ..... :>) but I will get it done soon.
aloha
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 17th, 2018, 8:04 pm First act for Kitely done (act 2)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_02_128kb.mp3 8:30
excellent job, Joe :thumbs: Oh my, poor master Kitely is whining his way through the act as if the problems of the whole world were on his shoulders :lol: I love the plaintive voice you're giving him. I'm sure this character was a very comic one in the original play and you convey that very well.

only a couple of things to correct:

> at 0:01: missing voice credit: “Kitely, a merchant, read by Joseph Tabler

> at 5:26: How now [bell rings] oh the bell rings – please remember to also leave 2 seconds of silence for the stage directions inside your speech

> at 6:56: “Yea, every look or glance mine eye ejects” – you say “glance of mine”, which makes the sentence strange. He means "each glance my eye ejects", "mine" being the older version of "my".

The rest is perfect. Looking forward to the next act

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 18th, 2018, 10:46 am Fixed PL items.....thankyou!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_02_128kb.mp3 8:37
excellently patched and now PL ok :)

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 18th, 2018, 10:32 pmThe rest of Kitely... uploaded.....
excellent play-acting again, Joe 8-) oh Kitely is really a jealous man, he's got a monomania with cuckold suspicions :lol: I should probably pity the poor man but it's simply too funny. I really enjoyed listening to his whining. You did a great job.

I did find some things to correct this time though:

PL notes for Act 3:

> at 6:48: Scene 3 dialogue with Cob has been put at the beginning of Act 4. Could you paste to the correct spot in this act please ? Starting with "Ha! how many are there, say'st thou?" and the last line is "Spite of the devil! what do I stay here then? Cob, follow me." Makes it easier for Todd to have them in the correct act.

PL notes for Act 4:

> from 0:01 - 1:51: that's the part that belongs to Act 3

> at 4:24: "That enters in my absence to thy mistress" - you say "presence" which is quite the opposite ;)

> at 6:08: "O, old incontinent" - you say "incontent", after that maybe also leave a bit more space for the stage direction "to Knowell"

> at 7:02: "Thy wife's their bawd" - I think you say "their wife" :hmm: but I may be mistaken there

PL notes for Act 5:

> at about 0:04: insert missing line: "I found her there, sir."

> at 0:19: "Know. My son is not married, I hope." - can be cut out, this should be Knowell speaking about his son. The script is a bit bad in many places.

That's all. :) Thanks

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

Fixed and uploaded. (pretty sure I got them right now)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_03_128kb.mp3 8:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_03_128kb.mp3 5:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_kitely_03_128kb.mp3 :57

:clap: Thankyou Sonia for catching these.....the find command leaves me in Acts unknown at times, apparently..... :roll:

aloha