COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man In His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Kitty wrote: May 29th, 2018, 1:23 am no more lawyers ? :mrgreen:
Actually, it wasn't lawyers, but notaries, which I see as rather fastidious -- hence more like butlers than lawyers. (Although the notary in Monte Cristo was quite lawyerly)
Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ZamesCurran wrote: May 29th, 2018, 8:34 am Actually, it wasn't lawyers, but notaries, which I see as rather fastidious -- hence more like butlers than lawyers. (Although the notary in Monte Cristo was quite lawyerly)
you're right, it was notaries. Well, I'm sure you'll find some butler roles to suit your eclectic taste :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sweet performance, Leanne. :D well done. The text is quite difficult to handle but you're doing a great job of it.

I have a few notes for this act though:

> at 0:02: for the voice credit, could you please give us the whole description: “Mrs Bridget, his Sister, read by Leanne Yau”

> at about 0:31: missing line: “Help, help! Thomas!

> could you also please leave at least 2 seconds between your quotes ? At the beginning they are too close together (less than a second), while near the end it's much better. That makes it easier for Todd to cut and paste.

> also, your sampling rate has again switched over to 48,000 Hz instead of 44,100. I wonder why it keeps switching itself over in your programme. :hmm: Usually it should have been saved until changed manually. There must be a bug somewhere. The Applewoman was the correct rate.

thanks !

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Can I offer to read the Prologue. You do not list it in MW but I would happy to do it.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm Can I offer to read the Prologue. You do not list it in MW but I would happy to do it.
I had been picturing the prologue as part of the stage directions, but it could be broken out separately if you wish.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ToddHW wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 2:59 am
alanmapstone wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm Can I offer to read the Prologue. You do not list it in MW but I would happy to do it.
I had been picturing the prologue as part of the stage directions, but it could be broken out separately if you wish.

Thanks, Todd
OK, if you make it a separate section I will claim it.
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, Alan. Not only flawlessly read, but your tone of voice really conjures up one single man stepping out and telling the public what they can expect. A bit dry-humoured, down-to-earth, like. :thumbs: Perfect start into this play. Would have been cool to have an epilogue done by you as well, but unfortunately there's no epilogue in this play.

PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Thanks Sonia. Super fast PL as usual. Glad you liked it, I was not sure I quite the phrasing right in places, the wording and rhythm is quite tricky in places. With blank verse it can be tricky to phrase the sentences correctly and keep the proper rhythm for each line.
Alan
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

My apologies for taking a role and then taking forever to submit my part! I've been busy, but now I have a copy of the play from the library and I'm reading it to get more familiar with the role. I read it many years ago, but I need to refresh my memory.
It's interesting, but this is the only renaissance play I know of that it's original author, Jonson, made such radical changes to within his lifetime. The original play, performed in 1598 and published in quarto in 1601, is set in Italy with Italian names. But when Jonson himself published a folio of his work in 1616 the characters have all become English and the scene has shifted to England! We are obviously doing the Folio version. The library edition from which I'm reading has the quarto text on the left-hand page and the folio on the right, and it's clear that Jonson also altered many of the lines, although the plot is still pretty much the same.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: June 21st, 2018, 7:23 am My apologies for taking a role and then taking forever to submit my part! I've been busy, but now I have a copy of the play from the library and I'm reading it to get more familiar with the role. I read it many years ago, but I need to refresh my memory.
thanks for letting us know that you are still on it, Brad ! :) Looking forward to your interpretation of this rather interesting character.

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Could I take the role of Downright?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 7:31 pm Could I take the role of Downright?
of course you can, thank you, Algy ! Get right down to it. :mrgreen: (pun intended)

Sonia