[COMPLETE] Adelgitha; or, The Fruits of a Single Error by Matthew Lewis-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:01 pm May I read Lothair?

Thanks, Todd
My gallant knight has arrived! (Maybe Sophy had better success with Quex than she thought? :wink: ) :lol:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:01 pm May I read Lothair?

Thanks, Todd
You may! Thanks for bringing us closer to the end, Todd. :)
Tomas Peter
Roger

Post by Roger »

It appears that The Chorus has yet to be claimed, so I'd be glad to take it on.
Thanks. :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: September 12th, 2018, 7:07 am It appears that The Chorus has yet to be claimed, so I'd be glad to take it on.
Thanks. :)
you're making us fully claimed, Roger ! Thanks

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Here the chorus is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_chorus_2_128kb.mp3

Length: :38

As always, advise of any poor pronunciations, errors, flaws, or anything else you'd like changed.
Thanks! :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: September 13th, 2018, 7:38 am Here the chorus is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_chorus_2_128kb.mp3
As always, advise of any poor pronunciations, errors, flaws, or anything else you'd like changed.
thank you, Roger ! You do well as the chorus 8-) You sound really very elated and thrilled that Guiscard is back, well done. I'm not yet sure if Tomas wants to merge April's and Eva's voices into yours, we have to see what effect that will give.

This one is PL ok in any case. No errors found :)

Thanks so much for helping out !

Sonia
snaresamn

Post by snaresamn »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

snaresamn wrote: September 15th, 2018, 7:29 pm Here's Alciphron
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_alciphron_4_128kb.mp3 [0:29]
wonderfully played out, Sam :clap: You give Alciphron such dignity and uprighteousness, really perfect for his character. A pity he only showed up shortly.

This is PL ok. As as suggestion, your file could benefit a bit from noise cleaning, but since there are no other errors, the editor will do that while assembling the play. I'll make a note in the MW.

Great debut in play-acting. Already looking forward to your next roles. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks for these, Todd ! Wow, Lothair has worked himself up in a rage against Michael in Act 3. :thumbs: Very well played out. What a contrast to the pining lover in Act 2. :mrgreen:

Act 2 is already PL ok.

One small note for Act 3:

> at 3:50: (p. 27 bottom) repetition of the final “one word...etc” speech, can be cut out, unless you wanted to include that version instead of the other :hmm: please let me know

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Lothair act 3 repeat fixed.

I am not used to recording in Audacity, and when I made a correction recording it got automatically recorded at end of the master file. I forgot to then delete the correction after I cut the part of the correction I wanted into its place in the master file. (With my previous method of handheld recorder use, I had separate files created for each correction.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 27th, 2018, 4:17 am I am not used to recording in Audacity, and when I made a correction recording it got automatically recorded at end of the master file. I forgot to then delete the correction after I cut the part of the correction I wanted into its place in the master file. (With my previous method of handheld recorder use, I had separate files created for each correction.)
actually I also do that with Audacity. When I notice an error, I open a new Audacity window and record in that one. Then I copy/paste it into the right spot in my masterfile.

PL ok now, thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah - opening a new Audacity window to record a separate correction file. Yes, that will help the process. I shoulda realized I could do that!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 27th, 2018, 4:28 am Ah - opening a new Audacity window to record a separate correction file. Yes, that will help the process. I shoulda realized I could do that!
;) we live and learn

actually, so there is no misunderstanding: I meant, go to File (in the upper menu) and choose "New". Do not choose a new Track in the same file, I think that only confuses matters.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Got it. New file, not new track. That makes sense.

Thanks, Todd