[COMPLETE] Adelgitha; or, The Fruits of a Single Error by Matthew Lewis-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 29th, 2018, 5:43 am And here is the rest of Lothair.
Not the happiest of endings...
well Lothair at least survived and it is hoped he may have a happy ending with Imma. But yes, it was tragic for Adelgitha. :(

But: your Lothair is perfectly PL ok. :thumbs: You really acted well through all the ups and downs of this story.

Thanks !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The Michael Ducas files are linked in the MW. I must say, playing the raging, melodramatic villain can be so fun. It's really not a subtle performance by any means, but I couldn't resist making Ducas a snarling monster. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: September 29th, 2018, 6:29 pm The Michael Ducas files are linked in the MW. I must say, playing the raging, melodramatic villain can be so fun. It's really not a subtle performance by any means, but I couldn't resist making Ducas a snarling monster. :mrgreen:
:lol: looking forward to that performance. But I think I won't manage today, I'll keep it for tomorrow.

Thanks. Only one role left :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

A wonderfully raging Michael Ducas, Tomas :clap: He's a bit like one would imagine the typical raving Sheriff of Nottingham, full of spite and hatred for everyone who doesn't do as he wishes. :lol: Quite the fiend. And yes I can understand that you love such roles. They are wonderful to act out a bit.

Acts 1-3 are already PL ok.

Then in Act 4 you managed to miss the final sentence. ;) Just remember: when people fall "senseless to the ground" in these dramas, that does NOT mean they may not revive again shortly to savour their very final moments. :mrgreen:

> at about 7:10: (p. 38 bottom) "My child, farewell !" (dies) - I guess now we can be sure he stays dead. :lol:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: October 1st, 2018, 5:47 am Then in Act 4 you managed to miss the final sentence. ;) Just remember: when people fall "senseless to the ground" in these dramas, that does NOT mean they may not revive again shortly to savour their very final moments. :mrgreen:
My bad. :oops: I was so sure the dastardly Ducas was done for that I didn't think he'd still be alive to meet his daughter. Now I know better. :mrgreen: Line has been added and the file is ready for spot PL.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 1st, 2018, 1:44 pm My bad. :oops: I was so sure the dastardly Ducas was done for that I didn't think he'd still be alive to meet his daughter. Now I know better. :mrgreen: Line has been added and the file is ready for spot PL.
excellent last rasping death throes :thumbs: PL ok now

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Woo-hoo! :D One more character to go, and we're done!

Also, it looks like Act 1 is ready to edit, as all the parts are in (apart from Larry's voice credit, which can be added in later). I hope Todd is still willing to do the editing. It would be a big help to me. :help:
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 1st, 2018, 1:57 pm Woo-hoo! :D One more character to go, and we're done!

Also, it looks like Act 1 is ready to edit, as all the parts are in (apart from Larry's voice credit, which can be added in later). I hope Todd is still willing to do the editing. It would be a big help to me. :help:
Did I volunteer for this? Ah well. I have downloaded all the parts and started editing on Act 1.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ToddHW wrote: October 1st, 2018, 3:20 pm Did I volunteer for this? Ah well. I have downloaded all the parts and started editing on Act 1.
Way back in the spring, when you suggested this play to me, I said I would BC if you would help edit, and you agreed. :P I just didn't know if you remembered, but anyway, THANK YOU for doing the editing all the same. :9:
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is a DRAFT of Act 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_1_lewis_128kb.mp3

23:01

Missing a voice credit, and I need to smooth out gaps and volumes between characters. But it will end up something like this....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 1st, 2018, 3:58 pm
ToddHW wrote: October 1st, 2018, 3:20 pm Did I volunteer for this? Ah well. I have downloaded all the parts and started editing on Act 1.
Way back in the spring, when you suggested this play to me, I said I would BC if you would help edit, and you agreed. :P I just didn't know if you remembered, but anyway, THANK YOU for doing the editing all the same. :9:
Doesn't surprise me that I volunteered - I like to edit. But since spring I have retired, moved, gotten a new computer, and installed a new version of Audacity. Far too much to remember!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is a draft of Act 2 - not ready for PL - missing Guisgard.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_2_lewis_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Todd. Just a small note for the Act 1 file - the voice credit that is not Guiscard can be excised, as that character has no spoken lines in the play.

Also, I'm gonna assume Act 1 can now be PL'ed, so I'll let Sonia do that when she has time.

EDIT: Wanted to hear how the chorus turned out, and I don't hear April's voice? :? I hope blending her voice with the others is doable, as it would be a shame to scrap her contribution.
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 1:31 pm EDIT: Wanted to hear how the chorus turned out, and I don't hear April's voice? :? I hope blending her voice with the others is doable, as it would be a shame to scrap her contribution.
Sorry - I did not realize that April wasn't in the already blended peasants file. (I see now that the peasants file was one person blended. Very nice!) New draft Act 2 file uploaded.

Thanks, Todd