COMPLETE Impostures of Scapin by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:39 pm This afternoon I present you the melodramatic, emotional mess that is Octave. :lol:
:mrgreen: how promising !!!! Will PL tomorrow though, I want to get a few more poems for WBP done tonight. But I'm looking forward to an emotional mess.

Thanks, Tomas. Will update MW for Todd, who probably already has his computer safely tucked away inside a box.
Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

My computer is not in, but rather on a box. I hope to be able to edit in the last line of Love Tiff later tonight or tomorrow morning. Then if I get some more time I’ll try to finish assembling this play!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 12th, 2018, 2:15 pmMy computer is not in, but rather on a box. I hope to be able to edit in the last line of Love Tiff later tonight or tomorrow morning.
cool, that would be great if we could archive it before your move. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:39 pmThis afternoon I present you the melodramatic, emotional mess that is Octave. :lol:
8-) I highly enjoyed your melodramatic rendering of Octave. This guy really has the sorrow of the world on his shoulders :lol: Excellently acted out, and I need to mention that your moaned "Oh"s absolutely rival those of Todd (for the record, Todd's Oh's are absolutely my all-time favourite Oh's in all these plays :mrgreen: )

I think our dialogues will work really well once assembled. I found no errors or missing lines, so Octave is done and dusted and PL ok.

Thanks, Tomas !! (now stop moaning :lol: )

Sonia
TenorBoy

Post by TenorBoy »

Leandre! Dang boy has a temper...

I wasn't sure how to pronounce Scapin's name so if it's wrong I'll reupload versions of the lines with his name in them. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_leandre_act2.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_leandre_act3.mp3
Ashur Gharavi

My Catalog Page: https://librivox.org/reader/10143
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Ashur !!!! didn't expect the files today :9: will get to PLing right away
TenorBoy wrote: June 27th, 2018, 12:35 am Leandre! Dang boy has a temper...
:lol: now I'm curious
I wasn't sure how to pronounce Scapin's name so if it's wrong I'll reupload versions of the lines with his name in them. :)
as long as you stay consistent in your entire reading, any pronunciation is fine. :)

stay tuned !!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TenorBoy wrote: June 27th, 2018, 12:35 am Leandre! Dang boy has a temper...
temper indeed :lol: but to be fair, Scapin is a trial on everybody's nerves :mrgreen: I liked the characterization you gave him. :thumbs:

Act 3 is already PL ok. Rather short, compared to Act 2. :hmm:

For Act 2 I have some PL notes though:

> at 0:02: for your voice credit, could you please say the entire description as noted in the MW ? so here: “LÉANDRE, son to GÉRONTE, and lover to ZERBINETTE, read by Ashur Gharavi”

> at 1:25: “A rascal who for so many reasons should be the first to keep secret what I trust him with!” – you say “for who” which makes the sentence sound strange grammatically

> at 3:27: stumble and repeat: “because I thought it was she who had played me that trick?” – could be cut out a bit more to make it sound more elegant

> at 6:48: “I beseech you to forget about my” – this can be cut out as it’s repeated fully later on

I also checked the lines where Scapin appears. It's optional if you want to change it. Most of us use the French pronunciation with the nasal "in" at the end but yours is totally valid as well, as people in real life also sometimes pronounce names differently.

edit: for example I just listened to Larry's performance of Silvestre and he pronounces Scapin the same way than you do. :)

The only line where it might sound strange is when Géronte tells Léandre "And yet Scapin has told me all about you." and Léandre replies "Scapin" with a different pronunciation. But it's as you wish, whether you want to change the lines. If you want to hear how Tovarisch pronounced it in that place, please check "Géronte Act 2" at 3:40 minutes in. :)

So the following is optional:

> at 1:11: Scapin !
> at 5:57: Ah! my dear Scapin, I pray you to help me.
> at 7:00: Could you forsake me, Scapin, in this cruel extremity?

thanks, great job !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed this.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 27th, 2018, 10:34 am Blood and thunder!
That sword fight at the end of Act II is hilarious!
If I had just had a prop and a head set -- what fun!
:lol: I agree this imaginary sword fight was really suspenseful, I was holding my breath the whole time :mrgreen: Well acted out, Larry :thumbs: I also like the dead-pan dialogue you are having right at the beginning of Act 1. Who would think that was the same Silvestre ?

Act 1 is already PL ok.

There's only one PL note for Act 2:

> at 0:34: “If he were here” – you say “if I were here”

And unfortunately for Act 3 you forgot the whole scene 1 at the beginning :hmm: Please insert the following 6 lines right at the beginning of the recording:

> Yes; your lovers have decided that you should be together, and we are acting according to their orders.
> Why do you recklessly engage in enterprises that may bring you into trouble?
> As I told you already, you would give up the idea you have if you would listen to me.
> Why the deuce do you engage in such a business?
> It is because I can see that you will without necessity bring a storm of blows upon yourself.
> It is true that you are master of your own shoulders, and at liberty to dispose of them as you please.

Thanks, wonderful performance !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 28th, 2018, 8:39 am Missed a whole scene! :oops:
So, sorry, but here are the two corrected acts:
excellently edited, now both are PL ok. :clap: And you made the corrected line in Act 2 even extra menacing :thumbs:

Thanks, Larry !

Acts 1 and 3 are ready to be assembled !!!

Now only a few minor edits for Léandre left and then Todd can assemble Act 2 as well. This will be a pleasant surprise for him when he is back online. 8-)

Sonia
TenorBoy

Post by TenorBoy »

And here's my updated Leandre!

If there's any other issues let me know and I'll fix them right away.

I also included the lines with an alternate pronunciation of Scapin in case you wanted to use those, I wasn't sure what to do (terrible decision maker over here) and so I included both. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_leandre_act2.mp3
Ashur Gharavi

My Catalog Page: https://librivox.org/reader/10143
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TenorBoy wrote: June 29th, 2018, 12:59 am And here's my updated Leandre!
If there's any other issues let me know and I'll fix them right away.
wonderful, thank you so much for the quick turn-around, Ashur :9: Nothing to change here it's totally PL ok.
I also included the lines with an alternate pronunciation of Scapin in case you wanted to use those, I wasn't sure what to do (terrible decision maker over here) and so I included both. :)
:lol: yes I know how you feel. Let's leave the choice to Todd :mrgreen: I'll make a note in the MW.

And that means, all three acts are ready to be assembled 8-)

Sonia