[DR- FULL] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Elizabby
Posts: 7552
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 28th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Please complete your 1 minute test before claiming parts. Full instructions are in your welcome email or the introduction forums.
Dram Read: Coming Soon! The Railway Children!

Books: Soul Winner's Secret

K. - a mystery

FULL: Brown Book Wishing Horse W&D Mikado Ideal Husband Amulet Dr Dolittle

cowguy02
Posts: 35
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » May 29th, 2018, 8:23 am

Also I would like to be know as just Luke Castle in the catolog and my website it www.lukecastle.me I would really appreciate it if you did that thanks!! :clap:
Luke Castle
www.lukecastle.me

mightyfelix
Posts: 2256
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 29th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Hi, Luke! Welcome!

I've added a note to those two roles in the MW to the effect that I am holding them for you, but as Beth said, you'll need to have your test OK'ed before I assign them officially. I see that you have submitted your test, and you do have some feedback on it. So please take care of that, and then drop us a line here when your tech specs are in order.
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury Traveling preacher, America
The Crook in the Lot Faith in the midst of trials
20th C. Negro Lit. Essays on African American issues
Insect Adventures Children NF
Faces in the Fire Essays on Faith

mightyfelix
Posts: 2256
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 29th, 2018, 12:17 pm

I've added the link for the Silver Fidgit to the MW and marked it ready for PL.

Beth, I'll try to PL Polynesia this weekend.
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury Traveling preacher, America
The Crook in the Lot Faith in the midst of trials
20th C. Negro Lit. Essays on African American issues
Insect Adventures Children NF
Faces in the Fire Essays on Faith

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » May 29th, 2018, 12:46 pm

Devorah:

If voicing the Judge in Section 6 doesn't put me over the line for claiming too many roles (I have not read anything in Section 6), I'd love to claim him.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

mightyfelix
Posts: 2256
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 29th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Hm. It might be a little too close to Luke the Hermit, though. Even though Luke doesn't have a speaking role in section 6, he is present in the scene. So it may be confusing to have his voice and the judge's voice be the same person. I'll need to look at the script again, maybe.

What do you think, Beth?
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury Traveling preacher, America
The Crook in the Lot Faith in the midst of trials
20th C. Negro Lit. Essays on African American issues
Insect Adventures Children NF
Faces in the Fire Essays on Faith

cowguy02
Posts: 35
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » May 30th, 2018, 11:40 am

OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Luke Castle
www.lukecastle.me

Elizabby
Posts: 7552
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 31st, 2018, 3:58 am

mightyfelix wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 1:50 pm
Hm. It might be a little too close to Luke the Hermit, though. Even though Luke doesn't have a speaking role in section 6, he is present in the scene. So it may be confusing to have his voice and the judge's voice be the same person. I'll need to look at the script again, maybe.

What do you think, Beth?
I've had a careful look at the scripts for both Section 5 and Section 6 and I think it's going to be too confusing. Luke the Hermit appears before the Judge, and to have the same voice doing both is going to sound odd. Sorry about that.

Philip, can we interest you in Colonel Bellowes? That would be a different kind of character for you?
Dram Read: Coming Soon! The Railway Children!

Books: Soul Winner's Secret

K. - a mystery

FULL: Brown Book Wishing Horse W&D Mikado Ideal Husband Amulet Dr Dolittle

Elizabby
Posts: 7552
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 31st, 2018, 4:17 am

Thanks Leanne! That was a fantastic read! I loved all the voices as the story unfolded, in addition to the voice of the Fidgit himself! :clap:
Dram Read: Coming Soon! The Railway Children!

Books: Soul Winner's Secret

K. - a mystery

FULL: Brown Book Wishing Horse W&D Mikado Ideal Husband Amulet Dr Dolittle

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » May 31st, 2018, 7:51 am

Col. Bellows would be fine.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

cowguy02
Posts: 35
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » May 31st, 2018, 8:03 am

mightyfelix wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Hi, Luke! Welcome!

I've added a note to those two roles in the MW to the effect that I am holding them for you, but as Beth said, you'll need to have your test OK'ed before I assign them officially. I see that you have submitted your test, and you do have some feedback on it. So please take care of that, and then drop us a line here when your tech specs are in order.
I am done with my 1 min test, Thanks for waiting!
Luke Castle
www.lukecastle.me

JHarvey
Posts: 10
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Post by JHarvey » May 31st, 2018, 7:51 pm

Hi Elizabby, so you could you tell me how exactly dramatic reads work? Do you just adopt a chapter then only narrate a specific voice in that chapter? I'm pretty new to all this so I don't totally know the ins and outs yet :hmm:

mightyfelix
Posts: 2256
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 31st, 2018, 9:37 pm

Rather than adopting a chapter, think of it as adopting a character. And then you speak every line that is said by that character. The MW in the first post of this thread will show you which characters are not yet claimed. Do you see any that interest you?
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury Traveling preacher, America
The Crook in the Lot Faith in the midst of trials
20th C. Negro Lit. Essays on African American issues
Insect Adventures Children NF
Faces in the Fire Essays on Faith

mightyfelix
Posts: 2256
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 31st, 2018, 9:41 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:40 am
OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Thanks, Luke. I'll assign those roles to you officially when I get the chance, but you can start recording whenever. Don't forget your voice credit at the beginning of each role: [Role], read by [your name]. And please leave 3-5 seconds of silence between each line, even if the only thing in between is a simple "he said."
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury Traveling preacher, America
The Crook in the Lot Faith in the midst of trials
20th C. Negro Lit. Essays on African American issues
Insect Adventures Children NF
Faces in the Fire Essays on Faith

cowguy02
Posts: 35
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » June 1st, 2018, 8:04 am

mightyfelix wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 9:41 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:40 am
OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Thanks, Luke. I'll assign those roles to you officially when I get the chance, but you can start recording whenever. Don't forget your voice credit at the beginning of each role: [Role], read by [your name]. And please leave 3-5 seconds of silence between each line, even if the only thing in between is a simple "he said."
Ok will do, Thanks y'all!!
Luke Castle
www.lukecastle.me

Post Reply