COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry Treefairy, I'm pretty sure the role has been claimed - at least twice! (The MW isn't quite up to date at the moment.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Umm, maybe I should update it, even though it's not quite official yet... :oops:
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I saw that after I posted. Next time I'll read the thread before I ask. :) Happy narrating!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

What I usually do is change the role to "assigned" and then just write in the text box that it is being held pending 1 min test.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote: November 30th, 2018, 3:54 pm I'll take on your orphaned Jenkyns, if I may. :)

EDIT: Oh, I see someone claimed him upthread. I'll take him if that falls through.
The reader who claimed this part has not logged in for three weeks. The one-minute test has feedback on it, but there's been no response. Would you still like Jenkyns, Tricia?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Haha, thank you, Tricia. I will PL soon. :D
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I see Mr. Percy Jenkyns is still open. May I claim him?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 9:21 am I see Mr. Percy Jenkyns is still open. May I claim him?
No, sorry. Tricia claimed and turned in this role yesterday, but I'm only just now able to update the MW.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry! Just one note for section 7:

About 4:10, the name of the chapter is "Blind Travel," but I'm hearing "Blinded Travel." I'm sometimes able to cut a syllable out like this in editing, but sometimes not, and it often sounds awkward if I try. Can you rerecord this chapter title?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent job with section 8! No corrections needed.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And again on section 9 (which I believe is the most narrator-heavy in the book), well done! There was a minor change: "very uneasy" instead of "a little uneasy," but I don't think it's enough to worry about. I am marking it PL ok. 8-)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: December 26th, 2018, 12:29 pm Thanks, Larry! Just one note for section 7:

About 4:10, the name of the chapter is "Blind Travel," but I'm hearing "Blinded Travel." I'm sometimes able to cut a syllable out like this in editing, but sometimes not, and it often sounds awkward if I try. Can you rerecord this chapter title?
There were a few minor errors in these sections, like the one you mentioned, but I missed this one. I clipped the syllable and I think it sounds okay. But, if you think otherwise, I'm glad to do it over.

I might have done the others, but being in a totally new environment, I wasn't sure how closely I could match it. It may be awhile, but eventually I'll have a real studio built up here. No kidding!
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: December 26th, 2018, 9:25 pm There were a few minor errors in these sections, like the one you mentioned, but I missed this one. I clipped the syllable and I think it sounds okay. But, if you think otherwise, I'm glad to do it over.
Ah, thank you! Yes, you're right, it sounds fine just to have clipped it like that. I wasn't sure ahead of time if I'd be able to or not, and I wasn't able at the time to take the time to try it. I appreciate your taking care of that for me! I'd forgotten you're in a new setup now. Best wishes for your new studio! How exciting!