COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SusanFerman wrote: July 7th, 2018, 4:42 pm Sure, I can do the Islander, no problem, but I may not get to it for a day or two.

S
That sounds great, thank so much! I haven't heard your Mrs. Luke yet, but from Beth's comments, I think I'll be very pleased! :9:

I'll assign the Islander role to you tonight.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just a little update: We have finished recording all the chapters for Chee-Chee and Bumpo. I just need to edit. :D
axcel

Post by axcel »

ok everyone,

here is the first of doctor dolittle's part, section 1.

apologies for the delay. for those who do not know, i had a touch of the flu recently and it took little longer to put the wheels back on my skates than anticipated.

any feedback is welcome, and much more to come!

mark

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_doctor_dolittle_1_128kb.mp3

duration is 1:56
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mark! This is PL OK! I love the expression and character you've given the Doctor! :9:

The only comment I would make is to please be careful to leave space for editing between the lines, at least 2 seconds. Some of these are very close together, which makes it hard for our editor. Remember your lines need to be taken out of your file and pasted into the master narration file, so even if the words between are only "he said" you still need to leave a full 2 seconds please.

I look forward to Section 2! (BTW you don't need to put the 128kb on the end of your files - that's only for the final version.)
axcel

Post by axcel »

so glad you like!

i will make sure to leave a little more space for the 'he said' moments. originally, i had left much space between lines, but devorah mentioned she could work with tighter tolerances; i erred a little on the 'closer' side. ;0

section 2 soon...
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Hi, guys. Just a quick update on the Islander...In a nutshell, it is so hot in my studio that I am going to have to record in the middle of the night. I am literally afraid of frying my equipment. So its coming, just taking me a few days to sort out.
Susan Ferman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SusanFerman wrote: July 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm Hi, guys. Just a quick update on the Islander...In a nutshell, it is so hot in my studio that I am going to have to record in the middle of the night. I am literally afraid of frying my equipment. So its coming, just taking me a few days to sort out.
Goodness! :shock: Don't start any electrical fires on my account! I usually record in the middle of the night, but that's because there's less traffic noise at that time. There's no rush on this, so please do whatever you need to in order to be safe and comfortable.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Could I read the Judge?

Also, question about the colour-coding in the MW; in the section that the judge is in, there are some lines that are colour-coded in multiple colours. Does that mean it's a group line and that if my colour is in there I should read the whole line?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:48 am Could I read the Judge?

Also, question about the colour-coding in the MW; in the section that the judge is in, there are some lines that are colour-coded in multiple colours. Does that mean it's a group line and that if my colour is in there I should read the whole line?
Certainly! I'll be happy to sign you up for that.

As to the group lines, the Judge will become one of the crowd members at the end of the chapter, so yes, I'll have you read those portions of the crowd lines that are pink. It looks like I've scripted the Judge to say: "The Doctor!" "Speech!" A couple of hoorays. "Three cheers for the Doctor!" And then a few more hoorays. (Basically, the hoorays will be all crowd members unison, while the other lines will be split up among the crowd. Hopefully that makes sense.) :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: July 11th, 2018, 2:24 am Here are the three Porpoise files, with both Porpoise 1 and Porpoise 2 already combined. I've marked them PL OK and put them in the MW.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_porpoises_14.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/drdolittlevoyages_porpoises_18.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_porpoises_19.mp3
Your girls did a wonderful job, Beth, as I'm sure you already know very well! I'm looking forward to hearing them combined with the rest of the cast! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

axcel wrote: July 10th, 2018, 3:41 am ok everyone,

here is the first of doctor dolittle's part, section 1.
I just had a listen myself for the first time. I agree with Beth, what a great voice you've given our Doctor! My poor timid Tommy Stubbins should make a nice contrast with it.

I'll go ahead and start putting section 1 together while we wait for someone to come along and be our Joe the mussel man. :lol:
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

mightyfelix wrote: July 10th, 2018, 11:00 pm
SusanFerman wrote: July 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm Hi, guys. Just a quick update on the Islander...In a nutshell, it is so hot in my studio that I am going to have to record in the middle of the night. I am literally afraid of frying my equipment. So its coming, just taking me a few days to sort out.
Goodness! :shock: Don't start any electrical fires on my account! I usually record in the middle of the night, but that's because there's less traffic noise at that time. There's no rush on this, so please do whatever you need to in order to be safe and comfortable.
Didn't mean to worry you :oops: I actually meant not frying the electronics inside my new equipment and my laptop, which runs hot, but its funny you said that---I have everything on surge protectors, specifically because I don't trust our very old wiring not to totally destroy anything fragile. As long as my son-in-law stays out of the kitchen, we shouldn't be having any (more) actual fires. I am still trying to get the smoke stains off the kitchen ceiling from the last time he tried to cook :roll:
Susan Ferman
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here are the lines for the Judge. I look forward to the end result :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_judge_06_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Foon wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:56 am Here are the lines for the Judge. I look forward to the end result :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_judge_06_128kb.mp3
Great work! This is PL ok!