COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

NishthaRocks wrote: June 28th, 2018, 7:28 am May I be the crowd woman?
Sure, welcome to this project! The crowd woman in section 10 has four lines, I think. They're color coded in darkish green.

There are some other small roles still available for section 6, as well as another islander in sections 15-17, if you'd like another part.

Let me know if you have any questions.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SusanFerman wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:55 am How about the Schoolboy in Section 5 and Mrs. Luke in Section 6?
Whoops, one more thing I forgot, before I can officially assign you those parts. Since this will be your first recording, I'll need to know what name you want to use in our reader database. Your login name looks suspiciously like a real name, :wink: so I'm inclined to think you'll want your reader name to be Susan Ferman? I'll wait until I hear from you, though, because in case I'm wrong, I won't be able to change it without calling on an admin for help. Also, do you have a website or blog you'd like your page to link to?
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Oh boy, am I glad you said something---I completely forgot to tell you. I actually prefer to use Susan Austin (its my previous married name).

I don't actually have a website yet. I will let you know when I do, for future reference.

S
Susan Ferman
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

mightyfelix wrote: June 28th, 2018, 12:57 pm
NishthaRocks wrote: June 28th, 2018, 7:28 am May I be the crowd woman?
Sure, welcome to this project! The crowd woman in section 10 has four lines, I think. They're color coded in darkish green.

There are some other small roles still available for section 6, as well as another islander in sections 15-17, if you'd like another part.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I'd be happy to do whatever you need. Just let me know.

S
Susan Ferman
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

I'd love to take another role!
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Hi!
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to orphan my part. My microphone quit working and I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong yet.
Thanks!
Adele

Post by mightyfelix »

AdeledePignerolles wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 12:14 pm Hi!
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to orphan my part. My microphone quit working and I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong yet.
Thanks!
Oh, how awful! I've been there. It's no fun. Let us know if you figure it out or get a replacement and you're still interested!

I'll update MW tomorrow.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, after many restarts and computer issues, I think I have the first section of narration done. Let me know if I'm missing something or if I've not named it correctly. I'd rather be doing this chapter by chapter so the files wouldn't be so long. But, this is tons of fun to read!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_01_128kb.mp3 19:31
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

NishthaRocks wrote: June 29th, 2018, 9:44 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_crowd_woman_10_128kb.mp3

This is the link to crowd woman's four lines.
Many thanks, this is PL OK! :thumbs:

If you're after another part there's the Audience Woman in Section 6. That's the last actual woman's part, but there's the two "Islander" roles at the end, which are gender neutral. For now I'll put you down as the Audience Woman.
Last edited by Elizabby on July 4th, 2018, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, Mrs. Luke is spoken for. I haven't had a chance to update the MW, but SusanFerman claimed it awhile back. :oops:

EDIT: Oh, and in case you feel like picking up my slack and signing her up, she told me through PM that she wants Susan Ferman as her reader name after all, not Susan Austin as she stated here in the thread. I won't be able to update here until Thursday.
Last edited by mightyfelix on July 4th, 2018, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

silverquill wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 10:46 am Okay, after many restarts and computer issues, I think I have the first section of narration done. Let me know if I'm missing something or if I've not named it correctly. I'd rather be doing this chapter by chapter so the files wouldn't be so long. But, this is tons of fun to read!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_01_128kb.mp3 19:31
Section 1 is PL OK! :thumbs: I think you'll find there is less narration as the story picks up - the first few sections are narration-heavy as we meet everyone and establish the scene, but there's more dialogue as we go along. (If you want to do a short one, most of Section 11 is narrated by the Silver Fidgit, so the narration by Tommy Stubbins is only the first half of that section!)

Just a comment for Devorah: Larry's voice credit will need to be cut from the start of this chapter, as those will all be gathered in Section 0.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2018, 12:39 am Actually, Mrs. Luke is spoken for. I haven't had a chance to update the MW, but SusanFerman claimed it awhile back. :oops:
No problem, I'll update and if Nishtharocks confirms she can have Audience Woman.
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

I certainly can take audience woman! :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

You're in! Record when ready...