COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Elizabby wrote: October 19th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Sections 4 and 7 are PL OK! Such a cute little voice for Dab-Dab! I knew you would nail it!

Section 5 is missing one line: “Certainly I will,” just before the comment about lunch being ready.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_dabdab_05_128kb.mp3

00:19

All fixed now. BTW, when recording roles like this, is it still best to have a separate file for each chapter?
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Separate file for each section! Usually it is one chapter per section, but since these chapters are so short, I combined several for each section. You did it perfectly!
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Could I take Bob the bulldog please?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Sorry to jump the gun, but last role and all ... and, courtroom scenes are just so dang exciting! If only there were more of these starring dogs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_BobBulldog_05.mp3 0.41 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_BobBulldog_06.mp3 3.39 KB
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Elizabby wrote: October 19th, 2018, 4:48 pm Thanks Chris! Ben Butcher is now fully PL OK! :thumbs:

I only realised what "stiffikit" was supposed to be when I heard you say it! :D
Sonia had a similar experience PLing C. J. Dennis' phonetically-written "Sentimental Bloke" poems for me: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=66139&hilit=bill+doreen+get+hitched

"ah my first plunge into genuine Aussie literature 8-)

First of all I must make you a compliment, because by simply reading the written text, I barely understood a thing, but when I listened to you pronouncing the words, it all of a sudden made sense. This is completely the opposite reaction than I normally have. Often I don't understand the mumbling slang (in movies for example) unless I read the subtitles underneath. So it was funny to have this new experience for once.

Which tells us something: Australians do not talk as bad as their reputation wants to make us believe, but: their spelling is awful ! :mrgreen: "

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

bluechien wrote: October 19th, 2018, 8:39 pm Sorry to jump the gun, but last role and all ... and, courtroom scenes are just so dang exciting! If only there were more of these starring dogs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_BobBulldog_05.mp3 0.41 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_BobBulldog_06.mp3 3.39 KB
Bob the Bulldog is all PL OK! :thumbs:

I've got a few roles left in the Railway Children, if you are looking for more DR characters to read?
axcel

Post by axcel »

Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

May I please have the talking dog? I just saw that the part is orphaned. My luck, hopefully!
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

I think I may have misspoken. Looks like the part is all done. Sorry about that. I'm new here and am trying to get my bearings and courage to try out dramatic works! Thanks :)
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

I think I may have misspoken. Looks like the part is all done. Sorry about that. I'm new here and am trying to get my bearings and courage to try out dramatic works! Thanks :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Treefairy wrote: October 21st, 2018, 9:54 pm I think I may have misspoken. Looks like the part is all done. Sorry about that. I'm new here and am trying to get my bearings and courage to try out dramatic works! Thanks :)
Oh, yes, it had been orphaned, but then was filled again rather quickly afterwards. I probably should have gone over to the orphan thread to say that, but didn't think to. So this project is all full up. The Railway Children is another project going on right now which still has several open roles: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72040 There are also still a few roles needed (not many) for the current One Act Play Collection: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=69214 Or The Gondoliers is a play that just started a day or two ago, so still has quite a lot available: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72206

No talking dogs in any of those, so far as I know, but I hope you can find something to suit! Dramatic projects are a lot of fun to be involved in, so I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you end up choosing! And welcome to LibriVox! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! These are all added to the MW. :D
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Thank you so much for the helpful info. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 6, 8 and 9 are all PL OK! :thumbs: I'll do Section 7 this evening.

Just a note for Devorah: because Section 6 has some shouting and singing at the end, the early lines are comparatively soft and I think will need some amplification when you are editing them in.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Just a note for Devorah: because Section 6 has some shouting and singing at the end, the early lines are comparatively soft and I think will need some amplification when you are editing them in.
Got it, thanks!