COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Bag-jagderag Chief is PL OK! Very dignified in surrender, I like it! :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I was so frustrated that my old laptop was cutting out on my in the middle of this and I ended up with it scattered across four or five files, I dreaded trying to sort it out, but tonight was the night. I ended up still missing the last few paragraphs, but then found it strangely labeled, so here we have Section 2 of the Narrator as one coherent whole, I believe.

I will try to work on this at a steady pace now so the Narrator will be ready when it is time to start editing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_02_128kb.mp3 15:26
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've had a listen to the narration for section 2. Nice job, Larry! I have a couple of minor notes.

At the beginning, you said, "Narrator, Part 1, Chapters 4-6". This isn't a big deal, really, because I can easily cut out that extra word "narrator" when I edit, but I wanted to point it out.

At around 4:36, text reads, "It was a wonderful kitchen, that. I had many meals there afterwards..." Pay attention to the punctuation here. I'm hearing a full stop after "kitchen," as in, "It was a wonderful kitchen. That I had many meals there afterwards..."

13:41 is another spot where a small change makes the meaning a bit uncertain. The text is: "Although my parents both liked the Doctor tremendously from the first moment that they saw him, and (I hear they) were very proud to have him come and play to us (for we were really terribly poor) they did not realize then (I hear that) what a truly great man he was one day to become."
benderca

Post by benderca »

Prince Bumpo, Section 19:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_bumpo_19_128kb.mp3

I've recorded all the sections, just need to do some editing. I tried for a generic African accent, but at times it sounds Indian... oh well. Jolliginki must have a lot of immigrants from India. :lol:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Bumpo sections 17-19 are all PL OK! Luckily I don't mind reading the book backwards for a change! ;)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks! I will PL when I can.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: August 29th, 2018, 1:05 am Bumpo sections 17-19 are all PL OK! Luckily I don't mind reading the book backwards for a change! ;)
Lol! Just wanted to keep you on your PLing toes -- anyone can read a book forwards... but I knew you'd be up for the challenge! :lol:

Here's Bumpo,
Section 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_bumpo_14_128kb.mp3

and Section 16:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_bumpo_16_128kb.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Bumpo Sections 14 and 16 are PL OK!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I've had a quick listen to Narrator Section 2, but it seems to be the same file as before? Larry, please check you have re-exported the correct file!

Narrator Section 3 is PL OK! :thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Looking in the uploader folder, it appears that chapter 2 narrator was not re-uploaded. (If it had been it'd have a duplicate file with the date/time stamp appended to the file name.) So it looks like it just needs to be uploaded again. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine