COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

In that case I’ll have Mrs. Stubbins and The Silver Fidgit!
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

May I play Dab-dab, please? :)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

New claims are in. Thank you both! Enjoy!
axcel

Post by axcel »

hello,

i would like to claim the part of doctor dolittle, please.

mark
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cheapside is PL OK! Many thanks - very funny little sparrow voice! :thumbs:

Were you at all interested in any other parts? As Cheapside only appears in this one Section, you could claim something else as well, if you liked...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Matthew Mugg is PL OK! :thumbs:

If you wanted to claim anything else, you would need to look in sections 9 and onwards, to avoid overlaps in the middle between Matthew's appearances - but there's a Popsipetel Court Poet who could do with some of your style...

(Devorah, we didn't actually talk about how you wanted to do this, but I've bolded the characters who are PL OK in the relevant sections, which I think makes it easier to see which chapters are ready to edit. I haven't moved any of the files around though, just marked them PL OK where they are.)
loon

Post by loon »

Well, I've learned something about Audacity. Up until now I'd been letting Audacity record in it's out-of-the-box default of stereo. For this project I decided to get clever and change the default to mono. What could possibly go wrong? Audacity sees my mic-to-USB box as stereo and mixes both channels - my microphone on Left and silence on Right - and drops the sum 6dB. When I was seeing 6dB of headroom on the Audacity meter I was recording a clipped signal. Naturally - sigh - my headphone was plugged into the analog part of the mic preamp so I didn't hear any clipping-- until I tried to edit my track.

So-- I've re-recorded the lines and will start checking and editing them after work tonight.

I make these mistakes so you won't have to! Heh.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
GillH

Post by GillH »

Are you looking for any more readers? I loved Dr Dolittle!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

GillH wrote: April 11th, 2018, 8:34 am Are you looking for any more readers? I loved Dr Dolittle!
Yes, several! Check out the MW to see which characters are still available.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

axcel wrote: April 11th, 2018, 4:25 am hello,

mark
The Doctor has arrived! Mark, it looks like this is your first time participating in a dramatic reading, is that right? You'll need to add at the beginning of at least one of your files, "Doctor Dolittle, read by Mark," or whatever name you are using, and be sure to leave 3-5 seconds in between each of your lines, even there's just a "he said," or something like that. Use the links in the MW to get to the color coded scripts. I believe the Doctor is yellow. :) We'll need one recording per section, so a total of 19 files from you. Let me know if you have any questions!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: April 11th, 2018, 5:18 am (Devorah, we didn't actually talk about how you wanted to do this, but I've bolded the characters who are PL OK in the relevant sections, which I think makes it easier to see which chapters are ready to edit. I haven't moved any of the files around though, just marked them PL OK where they are.)
That'll work. I hadn't decided yet whether I wanted to move sections around or not. Obviously, I hadn't moved anything yet. But I'm thinking, for now at least, that I'll leave sections where they are when they're claimed and move them to the bottom when they're PL ok.
axcel

Post by axcel »

mightyfelix wrote: April 11th, 2018, 9:42 am
axcel wrote: April 11th, 2018, 4:25 am hello,

mark
The Doctor has arrived! Mark, it looks like this is your first time participating in a dramatic reading, is that right? You'll need to add at the beginning of at least one of your files, "Doctor Dolittle, read by Mark," or whatever name you are using, and be sure to leave 3-5 seconds in between each of your lines, even there's just a "he said," or something like that. Use the links in the MW to get to the color coded scripts. I believe the Doctor is yellow. :) We'll need one recording per section, so a total of 19 files from you. Let me know if you have any questions!
on it!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I can try to read for Miranda, if that's ok with you. Not sure about having a "silvery" voice, but I try to make it as high, soft and breezy as I can :)

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 4:29 am I can try to read for Miranda, if that's ok with you. Not sure about having a "silvery" voice, but I try to make it as high, soft and breezy as I can :)

Sonia
That's perfect, Sonia, thank you! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here are the two sections for Miranda. Let me know if his is what you had in mind.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_miranda_07_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:28 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_miranda_12_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:20 min.

Sonia