COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Woohoo! Thanks Sonia. :-)

Now do a couple of folks out there record less than two minutes of audio so we can finish this project up? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kitty wrote: August 8th, 2018, 4:07 am
bluechien wrote: August 4th, 2018, 8:54 pm Can I please take, and submit, third servant act 2? I only found one line, so let me know if I miffed it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_thirdservant_2_128kb.mp3

in brief, 1st officer:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_firstofficer_1_128kb.mp3
wow, a lot has happened here while I was away :9: Thanks, Eva, for tackling these short roles. I super liked the 1st officer, he sounds so dutiful and like a real friend to Osterloo. Lovely sensitive voice there.

I would say, both the servant and officer are PL ok.

Chuck, you mentioned in the MW, that the Officer should be included in the "soldiers-group-speeches", but Eva didn't record those lines:

> at about 0:28: (p. 112): "Must we fight with devils then ?"
> at about 0:47: (p. 116): "So swear we all ! So swear ... !"

but actually, I think, we would have enough for a crowd with the three soldiers saying those lines, and technically, an "officer" wouldn't like to be ranked among the "soldiers" ;) So maybe she doesn't have to record them. But I let you decide this...

Sonia
Fair point. I think we can mark this one as PL OK as long as we can get some other soldiers to fill up the audio mix. :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: August 8th, 2018, 1:18 pm Fair point. I think we can mark this one as PL OK as long as we can get some other soldiers to fill up the audio mix. :-)
yes I marked it PL ok now. I'm sure we will find two more readers for the other soldiers in time. So close now...

Sonia
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

Hi,

I've been assigned sections 5-7 (Wovelreid Acts 1-3) but it looks like Wovelreid doesn't enter until Act 2 (pg 138). Am I missing something?

Thanks.

- Voxandis
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

Fairytale: Tufty Riquet

Play: The Dream, role of Wovelreid: Act II, III
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Voxandis wrote: August 20th, 2018, 1:12 pm Hi,

I've been assigned sections 5-7 (Wovelreid Acts 1-3) but it looks like Wovelreid doesn't enter until Act 2 (pg 138). Am I missing something?

Thanks.

- Voxandis
Nope, looks like I messed up. Sorry! Please start with Act II. I'll double-check and make sure Wovelreid has no dialogue in Act I.

EDIT: You're right -- Wovelreid isn't in Act I! Sorry for the confusion! I'll go ahead and delete that section.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

ChuckW wrote: August 20th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Thanks.

- Voxandis
Nope, looks like I messed up. Sorry! Please start with Act II. I'll double-check and make sure Wovelreid has no dialogue in Act I.

EDIT: You're right -- Wovelreid isn't in Act I! Sorry for the confusion! I'll go ahead and delete that section.
Heehee no problem, thanks for checking.
Here is Wovelreid Act II: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_wovelreid_[2]_128kb.mp3

And Act III: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_wovelreid_[3]_128kb.mp3
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Voxandis wrote: August 20th, 2018, 2:23 pm
ChuckW wrote: August 20th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Thanks.

- Voxandis

Heehee no problem, thanks for checking.
Here is Wovelreid Act II: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_wovelreid_[2]_128kb.mp3

And Act III: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_wovelreid_[3]_128kb.mp3
Woohoo! Thank you so much. :-) Very nicely done. :thumbs:

And now I've gotta start editing Acts II and III. Hoo boy. :help:
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great job, Voxandis :thumbs: Both acts are PL ok and very nicely acted out in character. You give him this "dutiful soldier voice" which I think is very fitting for this role. I liked it. And thanks again for helping out, I hope I hear you in further plays soon.

Only two soldiers missing...so close

Sonia
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

Kitty wrote: August 21st, 2018, 2:57 am
great job, Voxandis :thumbs: Both acts are PL ok and very nicely acted out in character. You give him this "dutiful soldier voice" which I think is very fitting for this role. I liked it. And thanks again for helping out, I hope I hear you in further plays soon.

Only two soldiers missing...so close

Sonia
Thank you so much :9: I love getting any kind of feedback, it helps me learn :D I will definitely be checking out more dramatic works to participate in!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Voxandis wrote: August 21st, 2018, 4:37 am Thank you so much :9: I love getting any kind of feedback, it helps me learn :D I will definitely be checking out more dramatic works to participate in!
yay. Chances are high you will get me as DPL again :lol: I'll hear from you soon then

Sonia
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

Kitty wrote: August 21st, 2018, 4:40 am
Voxandis wrote: August 21st, 2018, 4:37 am Thank you so much :9: I love getting any kind of feedback, it helps me learn :D I will definitely be checking out more dramatic works to participate in!
yay. Chances are high you will get me as DPL again :lol: I'll hear from you soon then

Sonia
Sounds good (no pun intended)! I really want to experiment with new ways of reading roles so I would be really appreciative of any kind of constructive feedback if you have the time whenever you're PL-ing one of my recordings :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Voxandis wrote: August 21st, 2018, 5:21 amSounds good (no pun intended)! I really want to experiment with new ways of reading roles so I would be really appreciative of any kind of constructive feedback if you have the time whenever you're PL-ing one of my recordings :)
well....you don't know me yet, but those who do can tell you that I always give feedback ;) So you'll be sure to get some too. :mrgreen:

You are outgoing enough and don't hesitate to "get into character", so that is one big plus already for performances. Think about what kind of character you prefer doing: either the buffoon, or the villain, or the swooning heroine. Then it's probably a good idea to start with what you feel most comfortable with. And soon (I predict) you may want to stretch your wings and try out something which you have never done before, and that's when it gets really interesting :lol: But starting with easier parts is always the best way to start out. You'll get better (and more dramatic) with each performance. Well, at least that's what I noticed for myself, and also for many other readers I have listened to during my DPL jobs in drama. :9:

Sonia
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

Kitty wrote: August 21st, 2018, 5:29 am
Voxandis wrote: August 21st, 2018, 5:21 amSounds good (no pun intended)! I really want to experiment with new ways of reading roles so I would be really appreciative of any kind of constructive feedback if you have the time whenever you're PL-ing one of my recordings :)
well....you don't know me yet, but those who do can tell you that I always give feedback ;) So you'll be sure to get some too. :mrgreen:

You are outgoing enough and don't hesitate to "get into character", so that is one big plus already for performances. Think about what kind of character you prefer doing: either the buffoon, or the villain, or the swooning heroine. Then it's probably a good idea to start with what you feel most comfortable with. And soon (I predict) you may want to stretch your wings and try out something which you have never done before, and that's when it gets really interesting :lol: But starting with easier parts is always the best way to start out. You'll get better (and more dramatic) with each performance. Well, at least that's what I noticed for myself, and also for many other readers I have listened to during my DPL jobs in drama. :9:

Sonia
Great, I will keep this all in mind. Thank you!

Roger

Post by Roger »

I would like to take on the role of "first soldier", if I may.
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: August 21st, 2018, 6:32 am I would like to take on the role of "first soldier", if I may.
super, Roger ! Thanks for helping out :9:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

As 1st soldier has been claimed here are the 2 lines of 2nd soldier

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_2ndsold_1.mp3
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose