COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2018, 1:23 am
benderca wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:36 pm Here's Paul, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_2_128kb.mp3

Did you happen to notice any lines for Paul or Omnes in Chapter 3 while you were PLing? I think he may just be a prop (a good-looking one, though not too heroic -- afraid of catching a little plague... disgraceful). :wink:
ok I found the link. Somehow it got lost in the action, but all's fine and it's PL ok. He's a bit of a whimp at the end :lol: nice contrast to the gruffer macho voice he had throughout the play. ;)

And I checked Act 3, indeed he seems to have no speaking lines, not even Omnes. He's just there to prop up the prisoner to the scaffold and then he can leave again :mrgreen:

Thanks, TJ !

Sonia
You're welcome to record some random grunts and sighs though, just in case you want the listener to know you're there. :lol:
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

ChuckW wrote: April 18th, 2018, 8:04 pm
Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:52 pm
gauguin wrote: April 16th, 2018, 6:42 pm I would love to read Jerome.
Hi Gauguin, as Chuck is probably busy correcting papers right now, I'll sign you up for the role of Jerome. I see this is your first participation in a drama project, so maybe you want a few "special guidelines" for recording.

> no need to do the LV disclaimer, the narrator will do that for each act. Just say your voice credit at the beginning of the file: "Jerome, read by Gauguin" (or whatever you want to be know as)

> please leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your "speeches". Even if one speech is interrupted by stage directions like "goes to the door", leave the 2 seconds as well. The reason for this is, your bits will get cut out and pasted in the correct slots in one masterfile. For the editor it's easier to cut out the sections when there is enough silence around.

> it is recommended to check out at least a bit the sentences around your own speeches, so you know what the overall mood of the other characters will be, and that makes it easier for you to react. Also if there are directions like "sobs" or "hesitantly", if you can convey that with your voice, that's a big bonus, then we can leave those stage directions out and the flow of the play will be better. :) So basically, the more you act out, the better :mrgreen:

Have fun, and if you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Sonia
You beat me to it. Thanks Sonia. :-)

And welcome Gauguin!
Hi,

I am sorry for having been away from librivox. I still want to read Jerome please and have made time for it tomorrow.

Let me know,

Iwan
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

gauguin wrote: June 21st, 2018, 5:50 am
Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:52 pm
Hi Gauguin, as Chuck is probably busy correcting papers right now, I'll sign you up for the role of Jerome. I see this is your first participation in a drama project, so maybe you want a few "special guidelines" for recording.

> no need to do the LV disclaimer, the narrator will do that for each act. Just say your voice credit at the beginning of the file: "Jerome, read by Gauguin" (or whatever you want to be know as)

> please leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your "speeches". Even if one speech is interrupted by stage directions like "goes to the door", leave the 2 seconds as well. The reason for this is, your bits will get cut out and pasted in the correct slots in one masterfile. For the editor it's easier to cut out the sections when there is enough silence around.

> it is recommended to check out at least a bit the sentences around your own speeches, so you know what the overall mood of the other characters will be, and that makes it easier for you to react. Also if there are directions like "sobs" or "hesitantly", if you can convey that with your voice, that's a big bonus, then we can leave those stage directions out and the flow of the play will be better. :) So basically, the more you act out, the better :mrgreen:

Have fun, and if you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Sonia

And welcome Gauguin!
Hi,

I am sorry for having been away from librivox. I still want to read Jerome please and have made time for it tomorrow.

Let me know,

Iwan
Thank goodness. I'm so glad you're back. :-)

I went ahead and added you back to the MW. Thanks for reclaiming the role. I'm really looking forward to hearing your interpretation of Jerome.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

ChuckW wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:17 am

And welcome Gauguin!
Hi,

Let me know,

Iwan

I went ahead and added you back to the MW. Thanks for reclaiming the role. I'm really looking forward to hearing your interpretation of Jerome.
Super. I will re-read the play and the part today! Thank you.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

gauguin wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:19 am
ChuckW wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:17 am

Hi,

Let me know,

Iwan

Super. I will re-read the play and the part today! Thank you.
No rush. Happy to have you back. I really didn't have enough time to do this role justice myself. You're kind of a life saver. :-)
PROJECTS
benderca

Post by benderca »

ChuckW wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:27 am I really didn't have enough time to do this role justice myself. You're kind of a life saver. :-)
There are still a couple other roles that could benefit from you supurb acting skills, Chuck... 🎭 😃
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello, here are my two for this thread. Once again, please do let me know if I need to edit anything.
Thank you!
April

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_4thpeasant_01_128kb.mp3 0.24 KB time: 15:54
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_2ndexecutioner_03_128kbps.mp3 time:0:16
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: June 27th, 2018, 2:09 pm Hello, here are my two for this thread. Once again, please do let me know if I need to edit anything.
thank you for those two, April. :) I like the 2nd executioner, in the beginning he sounds so forceful, but then, more timidly speaks his second line, because he has started to have doubts. Well conveyed. :thumbs:

Executioner already PL ok.

one PL note for the 4th Peasant though:

> you forgot your name in the voice credit ;) please say the following: “4th Peasant, old Woman, read by April...” leave out “Act 1” as it should not be included in the voice credit. You also mentioned Act 4 in the executioner voice credit, but it can be cut out by Chuck, since you have no other error.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I've added the missing line in Act III

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_3_128kb.mp3

I need to check I and II again for final edits. I may have lost my notes, so it will take me a bit longer.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 28th, 2018, 9:28 am I've added the missing line in Act III
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, Larry, you rendered this line particularly vicious :thumbs:
PL ok now.

Sonia
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

ChuckW wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:27 am
No rush. Happy to have you back. I really didn't have enough time to do this role justice myself. You're kind of a life saver. :-)
A question please.
Do you want separate files for each Act? Or just one file. Do you want me to mention that a line is pertaining to a different Act? I have been looking for instructions and before I do more work on my recordings and I wanted to hear what you prefer to have.

Thanks.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

gauguin wrote: June 29th, 2018, 1:29 pm
ChuckW wrote: June 21st, 2018, 6:27 am
A question please.
Do you want separate files for each Act? Or just one file. Do you want me to mention that a line is pertaining to a different Act? I have been looking for instructions and before I do more work on my recordings and I wanted to hear what you prefer to have.

Thanks.
Yes, one file per act, with at least 2-3 seconds of silence between each line. And don't forget the character introduction at the beginning! :-)
PROJECTS
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Thank you for complimenting my executioner.
The file with my voice credit is below.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_4thpeasant_01_128kb.mp3 time 18:76
April

Kitty wrote: June 28th, 2018, 12:38 am
adr6090 wrote: June 27th, 2018, 2:09 pm Hello, here are my two for this thread. Once again, please do let me know if I need to edit anything.
thank you for those two, April. :) I like the 2nd executioner, in the beginning he sounds so forceful, but then, more timidly speaks his second line, because he has started to have doubts. Well conveyed. :thumbs:

Executioner already PL ok.

one PL note for the 4th Peasant though:

> you forgot your name in the voice credit ;) please say the following: “4th Peasant, old Woman, read by April...” leave out “Act 1” as it should not be included in the voice credit. You also mentioned Act 4 in the executioner voice credit, but it can be cut out by Chuck, since you have no other error.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: June 29th, 2018, 2:51 pm The file with my voice credit is below.
thank you, April, now everything is complete and PL ok. :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote: June 30th, 2018, 12:53 am
adr6090 wrote: June 29th, 2018, 2:51 pm The file with my voice credit is below.
thank you, April, now everything is complete and PL ok. :)

Sonia
April