Post by Kitty »

TomDaley wrote: May 18th, 2018, 7:40 pm Jack Chesney Act Two with inserts
Time -- 18:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_jackchesney_2_128kb.mp3
Great catch, Sonia; I'd missed them!
Act Three over the weekend.
Be well
excellent, Tom. Act 2 is now PL ok.

Your wonderful performance is carried over into Act 3, even if Jack has less stage presence there. I love the exasperation you are showing with Babbs :lol: You'll see, Tomas is a great dialogue partner for you here as Babbs. :9:

For Act 3, I found only two missing lines... not your fault, they were marked as "All" and "Omnes", and I'm sure I will have to mention them for many other readers before it's done :lol: now come to think of it, I'm not even sure if I recorded them :hmm: need to check

our editor will later merge all our voices. Todd is a wizard at that 8-)

> at about 3:07: ALL. "A secret? Oh, really?"
> at about 3:15: OMNES (they look at him breathlessly). "A third? What?"

thanks

Sonia
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Jack Chesney, with "All" and OMNES" inserts.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_jackchesney_3_128kb.mp3
Time: 4:10

Sonia, you'd asked if I'd played a role in the production I directed back in the 90s. Nah, I had a marvelous cast, and all I had to do was to stay out of their way (which is the best thing a good director can do with a cast of terrific actors)! Now, but for the miracles of audio recording, I'd not be cast as Jack, but as Spettigue or Brassett - who in my production expressed more with a silent raised eyebrow than most actors might with pages of dialogue.

All in all, a great experience for my first drama recording. Thanks so much for your help and encouragement.
Hit me up when another play comes up. (Would that more of Eugene O'Neill were in PD!)

TD
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TomDaley wrote: May 20th, 2018, 7:05 am Jack Chesney, with "All" and OMNES" inserts.
I found the Omnes line: "A third? What?" at 3:15 but not the All line: "A secret? Oh, really?" at 3:07 :hmm: did you put it somewhere else or forget about it ? If so, could you give me the exact time stamp, please ?
Now, but for the miracles of audio recording, I'd not be cast as Jack, but as Spettigue or Brassett
yes this is the beauty of audio-productions. Age, size and looks don't matter at all. It's all in the voice. :9:
Hit me up when another play comes up.
does that mean I can ring you out of bed in the middle of the night when I get a new role for you ? :lol:

Well currently we have still a lot on offer, it depends what you like. Ever played an old Ben Jonson classic ? We have Every Man in his Humour just started, loads of roles still to grab. Then if you go for something less known, The Sign of the Greedy Pig is very promising. You can play a beggar if you like ;)

Whatever you choose, I hope to hear more from you soon. :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And some open parts in plays further to the left in my signature line. Always a pleasure to find more new victims - er, I mean fresh talent!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 20th, 2018, 10:47 am Always a pleasure to find more new victims - er, I mean fresh talent!
:lol: you know how to rope them in. :mrgreen:

Sonia
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Found it!
I'd found and inserted the stage direction "SPETTIGUE: (And ALL together) You?" at about 4:07. I was so busy congratulating myself for finding it that I missed the insert at 3:07!

So:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_jackchesney_3_128kb.mp3

Time:4:20
Might try a solo next. Just saw some friends do a Chekhov one-act (The Bear) today, and will see if libravox isn't yet overflowing with too many versions of "On the Harmfulness of Tobacco", assuming I can find it on gutenberg.

I'll also read the Ben Jonson play to see if I can do it justice.

TD
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TomDaley wrote: May 20th, 2018, 8:33 pmI'd found and inserted the stage direction "SPETTIGUE: (And ALL together) You?" at about 4:07. I was so busy congratulating myself for finding it that I missed the insert at 3:07!
oops, you're saying I missed one all line too :oops: these are always quite tricky to find in this text. Let's just hope we get three or four people to read the lines to make a good crowd.

Thanks, everything is PL ok now. Jack Chesney can lean back and sip some champagne while the others are still busy recording.
Might try a solo next. Just saw some friends do a Chekhov one-act (The Bear) today, and will see if libravox isn't yet overflowing with too many versions of "On the Harmfulness of Tobacco", assuming I can find it on gutenberg.
oh the Bear is indeed great :9: unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to read for it yet.

I checked the database and "On the harmfulness of tobacco" has not yet been recorded for LV. Is it a one-act-play ? If so, you could make your "directing" debut in our one-act-plays collection here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=69214 Though directing on LV is called BC (book-coordinator) and it's not quite the same as what you are used to, but it can be fun nevertheless. They still have some slots available in this collection if you're interested.
I'll also read the Ben Jonson play to see if I can do it justice.
well I may see you over there then :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: May 25th, 2018, 2:24 pmEla Delahay, Act 2:
ah my little niece (adopted) has arrived !! :9: You sound so enthusiastically romantic throughout the Act, TJ, how sweet. But I'm sure you can just as well bring out the little devil in you for the next act when you meet Babbs :mrgreen:

No missing lines, if I'm not mistaken. All perfect. Thanks. Act 2: PL ok.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: May 27th, 2018, 4:04 am ah my little niece (adopted) has arrived !! :9: You sound so enthusiastically romantic throughout the Act, TJ, how sweet. But I'm sure you can just as well bring out the little devil in you for the next act when you meet Babbs :mrgreen:

No missing lines, if I'm not mistaken. All perfect. Thanks. Act 2: PL ok.

Sonia
Awwww, thanks, Auntie! I will never be "independent" of you... :D
Hope you had a fun time during your holidays!