COMPLETE[PLAY]Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I think I'd like to fix it then. I'm really sick at the moment, so I can't do any long recordings, but this is a single name so I hope to be able to get it out between coughing episodes! :roll:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Stage directions are completely recorded! I've had this role since forever, and it's nice to have stage directions early if possible, so I'll prioritize editing this over any other projects.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: June 26th, 2018, 6:52 pm Stage directions are completely recorded! I've had this role since forever, and it's nice to have stage directions early if possible, so I'll prioritize editing this over any other projects.
that's great news, Devorah :9: please, whenever you have one act ready, post it already for PL. I'd prefer not to get them all dumped on me in one go as I suspect they are VERY long :lol:

Thanks

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, but of course! I would have to be some kind of monster to do that to you. Never fear. 8-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 2 is uploading now. It'll be a few minutes, of course, as the file is 1:02:18. :wink:

I think there was one part where I gave you two different versions of a line. Also, typos abound, so sometimes I had to guess what it really was, and a few times, if I couldn't figure it out, I just skipped it. All feedback is welcome!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: June 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm Act 2 is uploading now. It'll be a few minutes, of course, as the file is 1:02:18. :wink:
I think there was one part where I gave you two different versions of a line. Also, typos abound, so sometimes I had to guess what it really was, and a few times, if I couldn't figure it out, I just skipped it. All feedback is welcome!
:shock: ok this will take me some time :lol: thanks, Devorah !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: June 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm I think there was one part where I gave you two different versions of a line. Also, typos abound, so sometimes I had to guess what it really was, and a few times, if I couldn't figure it out, I just skipped it. All feedback is welcome!
This was absolutely marvellous and so easy for me to PL :9: Thank you so much, Devorah, this was really a huge recording and it's nearly word perfect. You definitely would have deserved a PL ok on the first go but I found one error that I think would be better corrected (sorry :oops: ) :

> at 39:35: “Jack (disconcerted, drawing to R. of chair, R. of table; quickly and nervously)” – I would say this was a typo and he was “drawing chair”, because simply "drawing" would have a strange meaning here. So it should be: "Jack (disconcerted, drawing chair R. of table; quickly and nervously)

As for the rest, I found four minor things, but on consideration, I think none of them need correcting, as I suspect they may get cut anyway. I just enumerate them for consistency's sake:

> at about 6:55: missing “(Gets A. of KITTY.)” I suppose this is a scanno for R. (right of) but I am not sure. I think we can safely skip that one for once

> at 29:20: “Donna Lucia (slight pause)” – you forgot to say Donna Lucia, but I also think this doesn’t really matter here

> at about 31:55: missing “Donna Lucia (e.)” – as I also don’t know what this ‘e’ is supposed to mean, you’re off the hook on this one too :lol:

> at 1:00:18: "Kitty together" – this should probably be "Kitty and Amy together", but that will surely be cut out anyway

So in my opinion, you only need to correct the first error I mentioned, the one with the chair being moved.

Thanks again, great job. Must have been exhausting. :?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Since these narration files are so long, could you do me a favor and record a set of phrases I can cut in if I need to split any acts into two files?

"Act 1, Part 1 of"
"end of Act 1, Part 1"
"Act 1, Part 2 of"
"end of Act 1, Part 2"
"Act 2, Part 1 of"
"end of Act 2, Part 1"
"Act 2, Part 2 of"
"end of Act 2, Part 2"
"Act 3, Part 1 of"
"end of Act 3, Part 1"
"Act 3, Part 2 of"
"end of Act 3, Part 2"

Just put them at the end of the act 3 file, please.

Many thanks for all this hard work!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 29th, 2018, 3:55 am Since these narration files are so long, could you do me a favor and record a set of phrases I can cut in if I need to split any acts into two files?
Devorah did all this already. 3 versions are included in this act at beginning and end :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wow. Thank you!

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

The old Colonel, Baronet Late of the Indian Service, Act I:

I've been working hard on the editing of this, but have the feeling I still may have missed something.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_colonel_1_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, sir.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 30th, 2018, 9:02 pm The old Colonel, Baronet Late of the Indian Service, Act I:
I've been working hard on the editing of this, but have the feeling I still may have missed something.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_colonel_1_128kb.mp3
I find your colonel so utterly charming the way you portray him, Larry. That laugh you had here at a few places was so utterly endearing and he sounds so jovial and good-humoured most of the time, except when he puts Spettigue in his place. :thumbs:

There are indeed a few missing lines though. I hope I managed to find them all:

> at about 1:45: (They laugh. SIR FRANCIS rises; they both move towards table R.) "Done over everything monstrously at college, but settle up, settle up--"

> at about 4:04: "Delighted."

> at about 4:08: (Turns, sees BRASSETT.) (BRASSETT takes his hat and stick and places them on hat-rack in recess. Exits.) (To BRASSETT.) "Thank you." (Aside, to JACK.) "Now, Jack, has she come?"

> at about 4:35: "Jack!"

> at about 5:00: "Do you like it?" (Offers it.) "Will you accept it?"

> at about 5:17: (with quiet tone of authority). "Perhaps you willremember, sir, that ladies are present."

> at about 6:27: (Offers L. arm to LORD FANCOURT.) "Allow me, Donna Lucia."

thank you

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: June 29th, 2018, 3:49 am > at 39:35: “Jack (disconcerted, drawing to R. of chair, R. of table; quickly and nervously)” – I would say this was a typo and he was “drawing chair”, because simply "drawing" would have a strange meaning here. So it should be: "Jack (disconcerted, drawing chair R. of table; quickly and nervously)
I actually have to disagree with you on this. I take it to mean "drawing near to," or in other words, moving closer to. However, I've recorded your suggestion at 39:42, and left both versions in. I'll let Todd arbitrate between us. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stagedir_2_128kb.mp3

Act 3 is coming momentarily.