COMPLETE[PLAY]Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 20th, 2018, 4:44 am May I play Ela Delahay please?
ha-haaa, we will have some stage-dialogue together TJ :9: great ! Thanks

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 20th, 2018, 4:46 am
benderca wrote: March 20th, 2018, 4:44 am May I play Ela Delahay please?
ha-haaa, we will have some stage-dialogue together TJ :9: great ! Thanks

Sonia
Isn't that great, Auntie? That's why I chose the role -- I wanted you as an Auntie, Sonia!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 20th, 2018, 1:22 pmIsn't that great, Auntie? That's why I chose the role -- I wanted you as an Auntie, Sonia!
how cute is that :9: and I seem to be doting on you :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 20th, 2018, 1:25 pm
benderca wrote: March 20th, 2018, 1:22 pmIsn't that great, Auntie? That's why I chose the role -- I wanted you as an Auntie, Sonia!
how cute is that :9: and I seem to be doting on you :)

Sonia
...and I on you. Quite a contrast to the Countess/Andrée relationship we've got going on in that other play...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll read your stage directions. The paucity of directions in The Blunderer left me wanting more, I guess! :lol:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: March 20th, 2018, 9:43 pm I'll read your stage directions. The paucity of directions in The Blunderer left me wanting more, I guess! :lol:
Great. You can see from the notes above by Elizabby and silverquill that it is possible to figure out what all the various abbreviations mean in the stage directions. In some plays I have left them all in to give a sense of the pandemonium on stage during specific scenes. But here I'm agreeing with Elizabby that I don't need everything said - they will confuse a listener rather than add value, and likely will interrupt the action and interplay of the voices unnecessarily. Obviously listeners need to know that a character has entered or exited the stage, and often it is necessary to make clear that they don't see or bump into someone else. But "Left Inner Exit" for L.I.E is just too much detail - simply using "left", "right", and "center" ought to be enough.

If in doubt, record a direction multiple ways and I'll figure out what works best during the final edit.

Many thanks for reading these!

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

This looks like a riot. May I claim Amy?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

And that leaves Kitty for me!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

leanneyauyau wrote: March 24th, 2018, 5:40 am This looks like a riot. May I claim Amy?
Thank you. Many years ago there was a musical adaptation that featured a song called "Once in Love with Amy" that my mother (not named Amy) always used to sing.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote: March 24th, 2018, 6:19 am And that leaves Kitty for me!
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well let me make a start here. Here's the first act for Charley's real aunt. I realized she was really an Englishwoman, only living in Brazil for many years. So I didn't overdo the accent, just sometimes letting a touch of foreign shine through. I think that would be more accurate.

I hope I didn't miss any lines, the layout was a bit confusing in places. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_donnalucia_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:00 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wonderfully done, and many of the stage directions about Donna Lucia's voice changes will be unnecessary - you have make all the changes already. PL OK!

I see that some of the printing in the file does make this a bit of a struggle to find all the lines. Hopefully I'll be able to assemble it properly when the time comes....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 4:07 pm Wonderfully done, and many of the stage directions about Donna Lucia's voice changes will be unnecessary - you have make all the changes already.
thank you :) yes I was reading all those directions to get in the mood, because I figured, the more I did myself, the less the flow will be interrupted by them later on :lol:

I'll try to finish Act 3 today

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Donna Lucia finished :) I felt quite amused and mocking all throughout the play, which is probably an accurate description of this role. I'm looking forward to seeing this assembled. :9:

Oh and my favourite lines were the ones where she is "acting" as her husband and the cellarman. I loved to change my voice there. I think this is how this feisty lady would have recited this story. This should have told everybody who the real Aunt was immediately :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_donnalucia_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:19 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 4th, 2018, 6:38 am Donna Lucia finished :) I felt quite amused and mocking all throughout the play, which is probably an accurate description of this role. I'm looking forward to seeing this assembled. :9:

Oh and my favourite lines were the ones where she is "acting" as her husband and the cellarman. I loved to change my voice there. I think this is how this feisty lady would have recited this story. This should have told everybody who the real Aunt was immediately :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_donnalucia_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:19 min.

Sonia
Perfect! PL OK.

Thanks, Todd