COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nuzzi51

Post by Nuzzi51 »

Kitty wrote: May 17th, 2018, 2:14 am
Nuzzi51 wrote: May 16th, 2018, 11:35 pmhere ya go Lucas act II
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_lucascleeve_2_128kb.mp3
Dear Mr. Cleeve is getting his acknowledgments together.
thank you Tina, perfect run-through this time and absolutely PL ok. You play Lucas wonderfully, though I still can't say I like him, his behaviour towards Agnes, I mean. I don't see what Agnes sees in this guy :lol: You give him a sort of ambiguous mean streak even when he's saying nice things. Well done.

Only thing, your volume is under 85 dB. Some parts are louder but others quite low. I'll make a note for Todd to watch out for those. No need to reupload, since there were no errors.

great job so far... 2 more to go...

Sonia
Hey Sonia,

Glad it came out well, I am working on my volume issue, and Lucas Cleeve is absolutely and unabashedly a narcissist. XO
Tina
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, finally upload - was getting an error message:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

On my final edit, I found I typo error in the manuscript, so I had to redo a line at about 15:22. I'm pretty sure "ecco" should be translated "here" not "her." But I think I read it as "where" anyway. These little letters in English are such a problem.

I've scheduled a block of time Monday morning to do only editing! I'm seeking the peace and quiet of the local library. Maybe I'll meet Sonia there. -- Oh, wrong library. :lol:
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 19th, 2018, 7:32 pmOn my final edit, I found I typo error in the manuscript, so I had to redo a line at about 15:22. I'm pretty sure "ecco" should be translated "here" not "her."
you're right, "ecco" means "here". You did it correctly
I've scheduled a block of time Monday morning to do only editing! I'm seeking the peace and quiet of the local library. Maybe I'll meet Sonia there. -- Oh, wrong library. :lol:
hehe, indeed I won't be working on Monday, or any day of next week. I have one week of holidays :9: I will even have some out-time from LV from Wednesday to Sunday... hiking in Southern France, if the weather permits.

Concerning your narrator skills: absolutely brilliant you were reading the translation so in character, I think you said many things the same way that me and Francesco were saying them. Sounds really good. :thumbs: Also many other stage directions were beautifully expressive as the situation required. Excellent job.

Unfortunately, you missed two lines, but hey, it's ONLY two lines out of 18 minutes !!!! That's great.

Please add the following:

> at about 9:08: "They embrace, then walk together to the door."

> at about 16:38: "Lucas goes out."

thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK, I will sure check on those! And get the file in -- maybe before your big holiday.
Have a wonderful, wonderful time, Sonia!

Next Monday is a big holiday in the U.S. -- memorial day, one of the few I actually get off from my employer.

As always, thanks for the good PL :thumbs:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, brief moment before going off to the library to get these two lines done.
I missed these when I prepared the script. There is one additional step I could have taken that would have caught these, so i'll try that in the future.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

Spot PL at 9:10 and 16:45
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 21st, 2018, 6:20 am Ah, brief moment before going off to the library to get these two lines done.
I missed these when I prepared the script. There is one additional step I could have taken that would have caught these, so i'll try that in the future.

Spot PL at 9:10 and 16:45
thanks, Larry, now Act 2 is PL ok for the stage directions :thumbs: Glad it could be given the ok before I leave. 8-)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 24th, 2018, 4:25 pmHere is the delightfully venomous Duke of St. Olpherts, ready for Sonia's listening pleasure when she returns from her hiking holiday. :9:
"listening pleasure" barely describes what I have been experiencing this last half hour :9: oooh yes I so KNEW you'd be brilliantly cast for the Duke, Tomas ! And you even play his ailments so believeably palpable, with groans and sighs in your voice at the appropriate places :thumbs:

And yes, he is a sort of devil, but in a way, Lucas makes it easy for him to plot against him (even while pretending to plot for him). Even Agnes is falling into his trap despite trying to do exactly the contrary. Your dialogue with Eva will be awesome. 8-) Oh and your devilish laughs all throughout are fascinatingly evil.

No errors found at all. Entire St. Olpherts performance: PL ok.

Thanks so much !!!

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Moving along, here are ACT III Stage Directions, the longest of the four. Took one more pass to tweak timing and catch a few glitches. Still one or two very minor ones that I think will pass, so let me know, but I think it should be a pretty clean recording. Such an emotional act with a stunning ending to set up Act IV. (Also ready for the final pass)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 27:56
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Nuzzi51

Post by Nuzzi51 »

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop a line act 3 is proving tricky, thanks mother nature.

between noisy neighbors, hard wood floors, and thunder and rain...

I'm trying.
Tina
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 27th, 2018, 1:17 pmMoving along, here are ACT III Stage Directions, the longest of the four.
let's hope the final act is shorter than this :shock:

wonderfully done again, Larry. Oh and my compliments, your Italian is excellently done :thumbs: And I enjoy your emphatic reading, your narrator is really feeling with each of the characters :9:

I found a few missing lines though, but not very many. Somehow they start to cluster toward the end, you probably were tired by the time you got there (quite understandable):

> at about 10:20: missing line “Still looking at GERTRUDE, but speaking to AGNES in undertones

> at 16:00: “ST. OLPHERTS. [Sitting, breaking into a laugh.]” – missing St. Olpherts

> at 22:11: “AGNES. [Arranging his neck handkerchief.]” – you omitted “neck”, may be trivial, I’m not sure if it’s the same thing – probably optional

> at about 23:41: missing line “Beating her hands together passionately

> at about 26:11: missing line “Rising, pointing to the book

> at about 26:49: missing line “beating her breast and forehead

the ending was indeed high dramatic :shock: I wonder how the actress is grabbing the book from the fire on stage !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks, Sonia!
I'm not sure how I'm missing so many lines, even with an extra pass. :roll:
I'll work on that, and maybe the last act will be better. And, it it the shortest one. :D
~ Larry
Nuzzi51

Post by Nuzzi51 »

AAARRRRGH

BLOODY TRAINS!!!!
Tina