COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awwwww, your tearful episodes here are so heart-breaking. I love the way you delivered the back-ground story of her unhappy marriage. :9: It makes Gertrude a very complex character. Excellently done, all of it. PL ok. Thanks so much.

Still....no voice credit. Please don't forget it in one of the next acts ;)

BTW why are you starting at the end and working in reverse order ? Any special reason ? :hmm:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: July 28th, 2018, 12:52 am awwwww, your tearful episodes here are so heart-breaking. I love the way you delivered the back-ground story of her unhappy marriage. :9: It makes Gertrude a very complex character. Excellently done, all of it. PL ok. Thanks so much.
Thanks! She's a fun character.
Kitty wrote: July 28th, 2018, 12:52 am Still....no voice credit. Please don't forget it in one of the next acts ;)
Yes, I have it in Act 1.
Kitty wrote: July 28th, 2018, 12:52 am BTW why are you starting at the end and working in reverse order ? Any special reason ? :hmm:
...for dramatic effect! (Ha! No, I'm just turning in the ones first that need the least editing. I've had to make some corrections in Acts 1 & 2 and need to edit them in). :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful job, TJ :9: I was wondering how Gertrude would appear first to the audience. You really characterized her greatly. The sensitivity and sadness when she talks about her boy, and then the slight shock but still regret that Agnes is not who she thought she was. Wonderfully done.

Now errors found !!!! PL ok. And this means, that Act 1 can be fully assembled now 8-) Todd will have something to do :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am orphaning Lucas. Could be just for Acts 3 and 4, or a complete redo if someone wants to redo all the acts.

Thanks, Todd
Foon

Post by Foon »

I'd be happy to claim the orphaned role. :)
I'm fine with either act 3/4 or doing the whole shabang, whichever you prefer!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Foon wrote: August 13th, 2018, 6:57 am I'd be happy to claim the orphaned role. :)
I'm fine with either act 3/4 or doing the whole shabang, whichever you prefer!
Why don't you start with the new acts and see what you think? The original acts 1 and 2 Lucas files were each about 12 minutes long, so the whole shebang would not be too taxing. (Though they have both been PL'd and edited in already, the continuity of same voice all the way through would be nice.)

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and the final act for the sweet and honorable Mrs. Thorpe (Act 2):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_getrude_2_128kb.mp3

Thanks for all of your patience!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: August 13th, 2018, 3:51 pm ...and the final act for the sweet and honorable Mrs. Thorpe (Act 2):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_getrude_2_128kb.mp3

Thanks for all of your patience!
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: August 13th, 2018, 3:51 pm ...and the final act for the sweet and honorable Mrs. Thorpe (Act 2):
awwww, yes, she is sweet indeed, TJ. :9: I can't wait to hear her and Agnes talking together. This part is PL ok straight away.

And this means, Act 2 is ready for final assembling :9:

Thanks for getting the role done till the end, TJ ! You did a great job here.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks for this quick turn-around, Foon. And your Lucas is absolutely well characterized. He is such a selfish person in my eyes, so uncaring of Agnes' feelings. :evil: Your tone of voice certainly conveys this well. And I love the little laughs you inserted in some parts. :thumbs:

No errors found at all. PL ok.

Wow, that means Act 3 can be assembled as well. Todd will have plenty to do now. :lol:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: August 14th, 2018, 3:01 am
thanks for this quick turn-around, Foon.
Well, I don't like to keep people waiting for the last role!

Here's Act 4 as well:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_lucascleeve_4_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you'd like me to do Act 1 & 2 as well. I'm fine either way. Up to you guys!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 14th, 2018, 7:21 amWell, I don't like to keep people waiting for the last role!
wonderful attitude :thumbs:

Act 4 is PL ok as well. Lucas had a bit of a self-pitying whining moment here. Well, I can feel not that much sympathy for him.

Act 4 can be edited together :D
Let me know if you'd like me to do Act 1 & 2 as well. I'm fine either way. Up to you guys!
no this is totally up to you since you are the one who has to put in the time and effort. If you want to have the entire role, then you can record the two other acts as well. But if you don't have time enough for it, or don't feel like doing double work, then we are happy with what we have so far.

Just let us know. :)

Sonia