COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Couperin

Post by Couperin »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/biscuitsandbills_jackmaynard_dubois.mp3

FIXED (I hope without introducing any other/new artifacts hehe).

Ryan
Foon

Post by Foon »

Couperin wrote: December 1st, 2018, 9:39 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/biscuitsandbills_jackmaynard_dubois.mp3

FIXED (I hope without introducing any other/new artifacts hehe).

Ryan
Excellent! It is now PL OK :thumbs: and that means I get to go assemble the play! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

My apologies for the long wait. Carmelea's sound file is 100% PL OK and very well performed to boot. Thanks for being patient (and again, sorry about keeping you guys in suspense).
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: January 5th, 2019, 9:14 pm My apologies for the long wait. Carmelea's sound file is 100% PL OK and very well performed to boot. Thanks for being patient (and again, sorry about keeping you guys in suspense).
wonderful, thank you, Chuck. I'll adjust the MW

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The one-act-play collection is nearing the One-Year anniversary. We are so close to done but the remaining plays are stagnating. Is it possible to push hard and get these completed? There's really not much that needs doing:

> almost done:

02 The Vampire Cat: ready to be assembled by Nastya

09 Efficiency: ready to be assembled by Philip, but he has been missing since August. I (Todd) will finish his play for him.

10 Biscuits and Bills: ready to be assembled by Foon

> one role missing:

05 The Far-Away Princess: some edits by TJ and then Tomas can assemble the play

06 Food A Tragedy of the Future: one role left to record by TJ (claimed since April) and then Devorah can assemble the play

> more roles missing:

07 A Day Well Spent: James needs to PL the outstanding role and James and Availle need to record their roles; Philip's role should be orphaned and recorded by a new reader. Then it can be assembled (also by James).

08 Bridges: Availle and Chuck need to record their roles, then Chuck can assemble.

Bottom line: we're waiting for 6 roles to come in, one role to be edited, one role to be PLed and 7 plays to be assembled.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Foon wrote: July 27th, 2018, 2:40 am
DrPGould wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:35 am Foon:

RE--Narrator--Efficiency

One comment....The Persons of the Play on pages xv and xvi were omitted. Other than that, the reading was very nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Sorry about that Philip,
here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays011_efficiency_narrator_128kb.mp3
I was assembling Efficiency. The MW copy of the narration stops abruptly on page 27 after "Emperor, In Astonishment". Everything in the narration from then on is missing.

Note: it does have the added "Persons of the Play" section mentioned above in it.

Thanks, Todd
Foon

Post by Foon »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 4:31 am
Foon wrote: July 27th, 2018, 2:40 am
DrPGould wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:35 am Foon:

RE--Narrator--Efficiency

One comment....The Persons of the Play on pages xv and xvi were omitted. Other than that, the reading was very nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Sorry about that Philip,
here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays011_efficiency_narrator_128kb.mp3
I was assembling Efficiency. The MW copy of the narration stops abruptly on page 27 after "Emperor, In Astonishment". Everything in the narration from then on is missing.

Note: it does have the added "Persons of the Play" section mentioned above in it.

Thanks, Todd
That must have been an exporting/uploading error somewhere, I guess Philip didn't check the end of the file when he did his spot PL (I mean, why would he).

... this is where the bad stuff comes in:
I sometimes clear out old recordings to make space on my hard drive.
As it had been a while, it appears that these files have been in one of my cleanups ... :shock:

I can record the missing bits again, I'll try to do it asap!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Hang on. Don't rerecord yet. I'll see if I can find an older copy in the uploader archive.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I found a previous narrator file in the upload archive. I'll check that it is correct but it is longer (18M vs 12M for the newest narration file).

EDIT: looks good. Back to assembly.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

DRAFT of Efficiency done. Not ready yet for PL.

Thanks, Todd
Foon

Post by Foon »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 4:54 am I found a previous narrator file in the upload archive. I'll check that it is correct but it is longer (18M vs 12M for the newest narration file).

EDIT: looks good. Back to assembly.

Thanks, Todd
Glad to hear that! Thanks for doing the digging, Todd! :)

Readers needed:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Just an FYI: my lines for Bridges have all been recorded. I’m just waiting for the last file so I can edit them into the play.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

ChuckW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 10:53 am Just an FYI: my lines for Bridges have all been recorded. I’m just waiting for the last file so I can edit them into the play.
So.... you haven't been online at LV for months. And now you're kind of implying that it's MY fault this thing got stalled?
Or what?
Because if you do, you know, that's not cool. Not cool at all...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bridges_narrator_kummer.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Availle wrote: January 9th, 2019, 8:44 am
ChuckW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 10:53 am Just an FYI: my lines for Bridges have all been recorded. I’m just waiting for the last file so I can edit them into the play.
So.... you haven't been online at LV for months. And now you're kind of implying that it's MY fault this thing got stalled?
Or what?
Because if you do, you know, that's not cool. Not cool at all...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bridges_narrator_kummer.mp3
Um... okay.

That wasn't what I was implying at all. I apologize if I came across as accusatory or passive-aggressive, as I was just trying to explain to Todd why I hadn't uploaded my own file yet. This was not an implicit jab at you, Ava. Not in the least. I'm sorry if it came across that way.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS