COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I assume this means that sections 72 and 73 can be marked PL OK in the MW?

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote: January 9th, 2019, 2:51 pm
I assume this means that sections 72 and 73 can be marked PL OK in the MW?

Thanks, Todd
Yes, it’s all finished.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here's the narrator for "A Day Well Spent", some 16 minutes long. No noisecleaning.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adaywellspent_narrator_128kb.mp3

No wonder this is not going anywhere, half of the time people are talking "aside". :roll:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have edited and uploaded Efficiency for Philip. Anyone want to PL it?

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 17th, 2019, 6:00 amI have edited and uploaded Efficiency for Philip. Anyone want to PL it?
I'll check it out, Todd. I would be happy though if someone else PLed Chuck's play "Bridges" because techically that one is not PD for me as European. So in this case, I hope some other kind soul would help.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful, Efficiency really sounds awesome. The metallic voice really was a great and creepy effect for this play. Excellent play-acting by all 4 readers. :thumbs:

I have two small notes, but both are probably optional:

> at 7:42: (p. 21) the emperor here says twice “Bring him in”, did you maybe have it twice in your file and you cut one out by mistake because you thought it was a repeat ? :hmm: if so, you could paste it back in to be totally consistent with the text, but it doesn't really change the meaning

> at 30:09: “End of Efficiency” – I notice the names of the authors are missing. One could easily paste them in from the intro if it's important to have them at the end too.

Other than that, it's totally PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:35 am wonderful, Efficiency really sounds awesome. The metallic voice really was a great and creepy effect for this play. Excellent play-acting by all 4 readers. :thumbs:

> at 7:42: (p. 21) the emperor here says twice “Bring him in”, did you maybe have it twice in your file and you cut one out by mistake because you thought it was a repeat ? :hmm: if so, you could paste it back in to be totally consistent with the text, but it doesn't really change the meaning

> at 30:09: “End of Efficiency” – I notice the names of the authors are missing. One could easily paste them in from the intro if it's important to have them at the end too.

Sonia
Fixes made as you suggest - Chuck only gave me one "Bring him in" so I just repeated it now.

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:50 am
Kitty wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:35 am wonderful, Efficiency really sounds awesome. The metallic voice really was a great and creepy effect for this play. Excellent play-acting by all 4 readers. :thumbs:

Sonia
Fixes made as you suggest - Chuck only gave me one "Bring him in" so I just repeated it now.

Thanks, Todd
I can re-record the line, if you want.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chuck,

No need to rerecord - repeating your line does what is necessary and sounds fine.

You make a good Emperor. Sorry about the whole death thing at the end of the play....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:50 am Fixes made as you suggest - Chuck only gave me one "Bring him in" so I just repeated it now.
ah ok...well it doesn't even sound strange to have twice the same sentence :lol: I feared it might, but it's good. PL ok now. Yay, another one finished.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 30th, 2018, 12:53 pm Thank you, TJ! A lovely performance, but unfortunately you missed one line, which can be inserted at about the 3:57 mark:

“I am entirely at your service.”

Once that's in, I can start editing this together! :)
Sorry to keep you waiting, Tomas. Here's my part with the missing line. I don't know if you've already started to assemble, but I redid the two lines before the missing line as well. I thought Frau Lindemann should be less cool and more flustered when the princess actually arrives. I hope that's not too much trouble for you.

3:47 At your command, your Highness. (REDID)
3:53 Here—at the head of the stairs—my lady. (REDID)
4:01 I am entirely at your service. (ADDED)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/farawayprincess_fraulindemann_sudermann.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 18th, 2019, 4:39 am Sorry to keep you waiting, Tomas. Here's my part with the missing line.
cool, thank you, TJ. That means another play will be ready soon :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, TJ! The new lines sound great, so we can mark Frau Lindemann PL OK.

Have not gotten far into assembling, so this won't be ready for a bit. Since a few other plays are still being collated, I won't rush it right now.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 18th, 2019, 9:13 am Thank you, TJ! The new lines sound great, so we can mark Frau Lindemann PL OK.

Have not gotten far into assembling, so this won't be ready for a bit. Since a few other plays are still being collated, I won't rush it right now.
ok I change the MW, Tomas. Thanks ! Looking forward to this play

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

So, here's my last remaining role: Irene in Food. You'd think for all the time that I had to do this, the acting would be better, but alas... :help: I would love to do this role on the stage -- there's only so much I can do with my voice. If I could use my facial expressions and my body language, I could really bring on the melodrama... :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/food_irene_demille.mp3