[COMPLETE] DR - The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, Baum - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

A couple notes as I've worked through recording the rest of the narration (what's bolded needs changed):

Section 3, Page 11: Lines coded as Ak's, but are those of King Awgwa:

"Never before," he cried to Ak, while his voice trembled with rage, "has an immortal declared himself the master of the Awgwas! Never shall an immortal venture to interfere with our actions again! For we will avenge your scornful words by killing your friend Claus within three days. Nor you, nor all the immortals can save him from our wrath. We defy your powers! Begone, Master Woodsman of the World! In the country of the Awgwas you have no place."

Same page, coded as Narrator, is actually Prince Knook:

"These creatures are of no benefit to the world," said the Prince of the Knooks; "we must destroy them."

Section 5, page 5: Coded as narrator, is Queen Zurline:

"The Wood-Nymphs were first to adopt him," said Queen Zurline. "Of course I shall vote to make him immortal."

Section 5, page 10: A Santa line coded differently than the rest of Santa's lines in that chapter (highlighted red w/black font, instead of red font)
"What way?" asked Santa Claus.
benderca

Post by benderca »

I see some people labeled the sections as instructed on page one and others labeled the chapters and their roles. Since I'm not sure how to separate my two parts with a "tone", I decided to go for the traditional uploading of chapter and role. If you would like me to combine my two, please let me know.

My voice credit is in the Flossie the Deer recording:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_04_flossiethedeer.mp3
and the Brook:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_02_brook.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Jasmin could read Bessie Blithesome if you like, since she doesn't have a role in section 3.
30 Voice 15: 3 Bessie Blithesome (child), 4 Children
linny

Post by linny »

MrsHand wrote: April 7th, 2018, 12:31 pm A couple notes as I've worked through recording the rest of the narration (what's bolded needs changed):
Thank you! You are wonderful!
I've made all the changes. And the submitting reader had already included the lines. :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

MrsHand wrote: March 24th, 2018, 6:01 pm I believe there's a mis-labeled part in Section 1.
When good Queen Zurline had touched the golden chalice with her fair lips and it had passed around the circle in honor of the travelers' return, the Master Woodsman of the World, who had not yet spoken, turned his gaze frankly upon Claus and said:

"Well?"
The "well" is coded as being Claus's, but it reads as though it's actually Ak's line.

ETA: In Section 2 (pg 9), a portion of Weekum's lines got colored as Claus's (the bold part here):

"It was cold," said Weekum, "and the snow got in my eyes, so I could not see. Then I kept on till I fell in the snow, without knowing where I was, and the wind blew the flakes over me and covered me up."
I got these updated as well. Now that I figured out how to edit the correct document it's actually pretty easy. :oops:
linny

Post by linny »

benderca wrote: April 8th, 2018, 5:18 am Jasmin could read Bessie Blithesome if you like, since she doesn't have a role in section 3.
30 Voice 15: 3 Bessie Blithesome (child), 4 Children
Great! I appreciate the extra help.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jasmin:

Section 26 is not just PL-OK--it is perfect! I cannot wait to hear the daffodils and Glossie mixed together with the other voices!

What a joy to listen to!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

TJ:

Section 27 is also perfect and PL-OK! Nicely done! Can't wait to listen to the rest of the voices.

Many thanks,

Philip
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Philip. :thumbs:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Larry:

Section 2 of Claus--there is just one correction

At about 3:21 the line "You have a terrible look, Shiegra" is omitted.

Otherwise, very well done!

Many thanks,

Philip
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

benderca

Post by benderca »

DrPGould wrote: April 8th, 2018, 12:18 pm Jasmin:

Section 26 is not just PL-OK--it is perfect! I cannot wait to hear the daffodils and Glossie mixed together with the other voices!

What a joy to listen to!

Many thanks,

Philip
Thanks, Philip! I will pass your praise along to Jasmin. You should hear her raw recording -- she laughs and sings in between her lines. It's so funny. She sometimes even sings her lines. But mostly she sings about unicorns... (I save the original before I edit). :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

DrPGould wrote: April 8th, 2018, 12:20 pm TJ:

Section 27 is also perfect and PL-OK! Nicely done! Can't wait to listen to the rest of the voices.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thanks, Philip! I love doing voices! :D
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Kristin. I'm glad you enjoyed it. When Don posted it as a suggestion, I just couldn't pass it up. :mrgreen: