COMPLETE[PLAY]The Blunderer by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

My exams are over and Lelio is back! Expect the remaining recordings sometime this week.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in to let you know I have Mascarille Act I recorded and should have it ready shortly and the rest this week
My recording plans took a nose dive when we got slammed with three nor'easters, the last one a record-setting snow fall for March.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Gee, I'd think that those snowy streets without any traffic moving on them would be a perfect background for recording! (insert favorite smilie here) Of course you do have to have power, and my family up near you says that has been very iffy.

(By the way, I think nor'easter #4 is coming in the middle of this week after lightly brushing me in Baltimore....)

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ToddHW wrote: March 19th, 2018, 9:35 am Gee, I'd think that those snowy streets without any traffic moving on them would be a perfect background for recording! (insert favorite smilie here) Of course you do have to have power, and my family up near you says that has been very iffy.

(By the way, I think nor'easter #4 is coming in the middle of this week after lightly brushing me in Baltimore....)

Thanks, Todd
Uh, the snow plows are very noisy, and we're on a busy road! It is more the snow shoveling, the four days of working remotely from home with extra hours thrown in. :mrgreen: At least now power issues at our place. Hoping that the storms this week don't hit too hard. I really want to get Mascarille done -- such a scheming knave and a lot of fun. The, Patch-Eye -- aarrgh!
~ Larry
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, two more Lelios. That means your exams are over :9: I hope all went well and you'll get the results soon.

Both Acts are perfectly PL ok. :thumbs: Excellent job. Lelio is such a dunce sometimes :lol:

Thanks !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, found my nearly completed edited Act I.
I hear a few discrepancies, but I think they are minor.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_1_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: March 31st, 2018, 8:25 pm Ah, found my nearly completed edited Act I.
I hear a few discrepancies, but I think they are minor.
splendid job, Larry :clap: I liked the several shades you gave Mascarille here. Often very dry-humoured with Lelio, unless he is really driven to outrage by his constant blundering. Very hypocritical with all the people he is trying to dupe. And the well-placed good-humoured chuckles are a nice touch. :9: On a whole I loved it !

Indeed I only found one discrepancy, which I think may profit from correcting, and even so...it might be minor. Here are my notes:

> for the voice credit, please say the entire description: "Mascarille, servant to Lelio"

> at 1:02: "about your marriage with his daughter, Hippolyta" - the pause after this seems a bit long to me, as the sentence continues

> at 3:36: "plenty of pistoles" - you need no longer pause here because we will not insert the footnotes

> at 14:15: "you should soon see him submissive without much trouble" - you say "I", which is in a way a nice pun LOL, but Mascarille in fact means his father should see this

great job ! Looking forward to the rest. And once you hand in the few corrections, Todd can assemble the first Act :9:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, Mascarille Act II

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_2_128kb.mp3

I wasn't sure how to handle the place where he starts off stage and then comes on, but let me know what you think.
Just a couple of variances, but I think they're minor.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I wasn't sure I was going to get to the rest of them tonight, but pressing on, here are Acts 3,4,5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_5_128kb.mp3

I hope that the few glitches are minor enough to pass, but don't hesitate to ask for anything you think needs a touch up.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with the long story in Act 5, where Mascarille quotes two other characters, so I read it all. If I need to change that, let me know and I'll reformat it.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 6:30 pm Here is the corrected Act I:
thank Larry, I quickly Spot checked this one, so Todd can go ahead and assemble Act 1 if he wishes. This is PL ok !

And I see you have been mightily prolific yesterday :shock: Ok I'll check them all today still, but first: breakfast ! Todd will have his work cut out for the rest of the week 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 7:25 pm And, Mascarille Act II
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_2_128kb.mp3
I wasn't sure how to handle the place where he starts off stage and then comes on, but let me know what you think.
Just a couple of variances, but I think they're minor.
I extremely like the effect you gave that scene. It really sounds like you are speaking outside and I can even hear you walking in while you speak. :thumbs: well done !

Also: Act 2 PL ok, right on the first go :clap: :clap:

Todd: another one ready to finalize :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 10:31 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_mascarille_3_128kb.mp3
I hope that the few glitches are minor enough to pass, but don't hesitate to ask for anything you think needs a touch up.
awww, sorry, the streak of luck did not hold... in Act 3 I noticed quite a few missing lines. :( I hope you have recorded them and only forgot to put them in your masterfile...

> at 4:35: "This astonishing account nearly kills me." this can be cut out as it's Leander saying this. You need to insert the next line by Mascarille: "What! Can you…"

> at 4:44: "gently" is repeated, can be cut out once

> at about 6:13: oops here you forgot one lengthy speech: "And you could not let the artifice pass, nor let him remain in his error, which did you good service, and which pretty nearly extinguished his passion. No, honest soul, he cannot bear dissimulation. I cunningly get a footing at his rival's, who, like a dolt, was going to place his mistress in my hands, but he, Lelio, prevents me getting hold of her by a fictitious letter; I try to abate the passion of his rival, my hero presently comes and undeceives him. In vain I make signs to him, and show him it was all a contrivance of mine; it signifies nothing; he continues to the end, and never rests satisfied till he has discovered all. Grand and sublime effect of a mind which is not inferior to any man living! It is an exquisite piece, and worthy, in troth, to be made a present of to the king's private museum."

> at about 6:30: another missing speech: "Let us drop this discourse, and talk of something else; I am not so easily pacified, not I; I am in too great a passion for that. In the first place, you must do me a service, and then we shall see whether I ought to undertake the management of your amours."

> at about 8:21: missing line: "What may that be?"

the rest was perfect though !

Sonia