COMPLETE[PLAY]The Blunderer by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:39 am
mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:50 am Act I:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_stagedir_1_128kb.mp3
I'll let Sheriff Sonia :wink: check my pronunciation before I do the rest.
Introduction part and Stage directions are excellently read :thumbs: Enjoyed listening to the intro. Very interesting.

Only three notes:

> in the dramatis personae: you also omitted the "read by" each time. Strange how everybody omits them lately. :hmm: Well I get your point, most of the time they will get cut out, but we can never be sure when they may come in handy. It's not as if it never happened.

> at 4:35: missing "Stage directions, read by Devorah Allan" (you should never forget yourself ;) )

> at 7:13: you have a good point for including this purse-kicking note here, although the directions should precede this scene already to be accurate and in the right place. Let's leave it to Todd what he thinks about it before correcting anything.

Thanks, great job so far !

Sonia
I need having "read by" - yes, I cut most, but when a reader forgets and it is dark of night and I am trying to assemble, best to have the narrator voice there to use.

Footnote covered in message above.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:39 am :lol: I'm not that bad, am I ?
Of course not! I just kind of enjoy the thought of us having our own town sheriff. Do you even have spurs on your boots? (Side note: although I live in Texas, our sheriffs don't really look like that!)
> in the dramatis personae: you also omitted the "read by" each time. Strange how everybody omits them lately. :hmm: Well I get your point, most of the time they will get cut out, but we can never be sure when they may come in handy. It's not as if it never happened.
Oh, I didn't even know I was supposed to say that! I can see people forgetting to say things like "Son of Anselmo" (I've done that kind of thing myself), but I can't imagine somebody forgetting "read by"! :shock: If you say it's happened, though, then I must be wrong!
> at 4:35: missing "Stage directions, read by Devorah Allan" (you should never forget yourself ;) )
Oops! I guess I got so focused on reading the text, I absolutely did forget myself!

I'm going out of town tomorrow, but should have time on Sunday to make these corrections and add the note about the purse.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Of course not! I just kind of enjoy the thought of us having our own town sheriff. Do you even have spurs on your boots? (Side note: although I live in Texas, our sheriffs don't really look like that!)
no spurs, no revolver, I am a friendly sheriff who keeps the peace without any violence 8-) (I do have a whip though, just in case)
Oh, I didn't even know I was supposed to say that! I can see people forgetting to say things like "Son of Anselmo" (I've done that kind of thing myself), but I can't imagine somebody forgetting "read by"! :shock: If you say it's happened, though, then I must be wrong!
well we already had people completely forgetting their voice credits (as you well know :mrgreen: ) if those readers disappear before the play is done, we need the narrator to say that line. And I already had a case where a reader said "Reader xy as the Policeman" instead of "Policeman read by Reader xy". In this particular case, the reader corrected the voice credit, but there again, if he had vanished before doing so, we would have needed the narrator, to keep all the credits similar.

So you see, you have a really important job here :D

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: January 10th, 2018, 4:30 am
alanmapstone wrote: January 10th, 2018, 12:09 am We now seem to have a regular group of readers all waiting for Todd to launch more plays for us.

Perhaps we should call ourselves the "Todd Theatre Company". (Who knows about the previous group of that name?)
Think that the TTC will be competition for the BBC someday?

Thanks, Todd
Definitely! I'm in!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 9th, 2018, 12:50 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:Andres, Act 5, completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_andres_5_128kb.mp3
He's a supposed gipsy, so he has a supposed gipsy accent.
:shock: Chris, you sound like the Russian Mafia :lol: This is SO COOL. And you're right, I wasn't sure whether he was a good or bad guy. I think he should be a good one though, but your accent and demeanour leaves it open to interpretation. At one point I thought you were going to pimp your beloved Celia to Lelio :wink:

Excellent job. PL ok.

Sonia
Hey! No pimping me out! I've got standards! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 13th, 2018, 2:41 am no spurs, no revolver, I am a friendly sheriff who keeps the peace without any violence 8-) (I do have a whip though, just in case)
The spurs are for your horse. :wink:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: January 14th, 2018, 4:08 am Ergaste act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_ergaste_3.mp3
Thank you. Turned over to the sheriff for the trial - I mean to Kitty for PL....

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Thank you. Turned over to the sheriff for the trial - I mean to Kitty for PL....
well, first it will be your turn, Todd, although you wanted to sneak by scrutiny by not posting your files in the thread. But I noticed them in the MW ;)

ok here we go: I love your characterization of Trufaldin. He is the typical Molière type of the possessive father/husband/tutor, but contrary to most other comedies, he is not easily duped by the "hero" of the play, who in his turn this time is the stupid guy. Interesting twist. Very nicely acted out ! :thumbs:

Acts 2,3,4 and 5 are all PL ok. Although in Act 4 you have a small stumble at 2:12: "Whither did I send him in his infancy" - which can be cut out, but since you are the editor anyway, you'll notice it in the final phase as well. Up to you if you want to re-upload immediately.

In Act 1 there is a missing line though. You really managed to miss the very first quote of your character :lol:

> at about 0:07: TRUF. (Within). "Celia!"

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 14th, 2018, 4:08 am Ergaste act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_ergaste_3.mp3
and over to you Alan. Ergaste sounds so...how should I say ? ... shifty somehow. :mrgreen: Totally cool tone of voice you bring up here. He is not the nice and helpful servant he pretends to be and you convey that very well :thumbs:

Excellent and nothing missing: PL ok. Volume is a tiny bit under 86 dB, but that's not a problem. Todd will adjust anyway later on.

Thanks for being a part of TTC :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:36 am
Acts 2,3,4 and 5 are all PL ok. Although in Act 4 you have a small stumble at 2:12: "Whither did I send him in his infancy" - which can be cut out, but since you are the editor anyway, you'll notice it in the final phase as well. Up to you if you want to re-upload immediately.

In Act 1 there is a missing line though. You really managed to miss the very first quote of your character :lol:

> at about 0:07: TRUF. (Within). "Celia!"

Sonia
Fixed Acts 1 and 4. I got tricked in Act 1 because Trufaldin is not in the list of characters for that scene so I hadn't even looked there for my critical first line!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Fixed Acts 1 and 4. I got tricked in Act 1 because Trufaldin is not in the list of characters for that scene so I hadn't even looked there for my critical first line!
yes I thought that was what had happened ;) I usually search with the search function in Gutenberg, so I won't miss any quotes. That's how I found him.

Well, although you may not be seen, you definitely have to be heard in that scene :mrgreen:

Both Acts perfectly corrected and PL ok now.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:Pandolphus Acts 1, 2 and 5 for PL
your Pandolphus is great Nemo :clap: I especially love the scene where I will be interacting with you as the fearful old man Anselmo, who thinks you're a ghost. :mrgreen: Good thing I heard your part before I record mine. The laugh you gave us there is absolutely endearing.

All acts PL ok

Sonia