COMPLETE[PLAY]The Blunderer by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

leanneyauyau wrote: January 7th, 2018, 4:06 pm May I claim Lelio?
Yes. Thanks.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll read your Stage Directions. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: January 8th, 2018, 10:49 am I'll read your Stage Directions. :)
Great.

As part of Act 1 please read In the Introductory Notice from "In the third volume of the..." through "humble servant, THE TRANSLATOR" - I think this is interesting.

In the Dramatis Persone, please read the entire character description. If readers do what they are supposed to do and read the same thing in their vice credit, then I will use their voices - but I have yet to do a play where all of them do do it and then I will use your voice as part of their credit. And read your own credit "Stage Directions read by..."

Throughout the play, do not read any of the footnotes. Interesting as they are, they break up the flow of the play too much.

Where a stage direction follows a character name such as "MASC. (Aside).", please read the character name as well.

Note: Kitty knows how to pronounce all these names and is The Law!

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ANDRÈS, the supposed gipsy ... is he a good guy, or a bad guy, or a bad guy turned good guy in the end? I'm not quite clear on that.

Anyway, I'll give him a go if you don't mind your gypsy sounding vaguely Eastern European.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:36 pm ANDRÈS, the supposed gipsy ... is he a good guy, or a bad guy, or a bad guy turned good guy in the end? I'm not quite clear on that.

Anyway, I'll give him a go if you don't mind your gypsy sounding vaguely Eastern European.

Cheers,
Chris
Up to you if he is good, bad, or just mis-understood....

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Andres, Act 5, completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_andres_5_128kb.mp3

He's a supposed gipsy, so he has a supposed gipsy accent.

Again, please be on the lookout for any cicada drone. (See the note posted in "The Bores").

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Andres, Act 5, completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_andres_5_128kb.mp3
He's a supposed gipsy, so he has a supposed gipsy accent.
:shock: Chris, you sound like the Russian Mafia :lol: This is SO COOL. And you're right, I wasn't sure whether he was a good or bad guy. I think he should be a good one though, but your accent and demeanour leaves it open to interpretation. At one point I thought you were going to pimp your beloved Celia to Lelio :wink:

Excellent job. PL ok.
SonOfTheExiles wrote:Again, please be on the lookout for any cicada drone. (See the note posted in "The Bores").
no annoying cicadas to be heard (but my ears are not the best, so don't take my word for it). Also, if there were, I think Andrès as gypsy, might well be surrounded by his flock of pet cicadas :lol:

You have the honour of being the first role finished in this play :) and even complete with Voice credit (sorry...couldn't resist :mrgreen: )

Sonia
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

If he's still available, may I take the Messenger?
Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ZamesCurran wrote: January 9th, 2018, 12:36 pm If he's still available, may I take the Messenger?
great, and with that we are fully claimed after barely two days 8-)

thanks ! I'll sign you up

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wow. Two days and full? Guess you all were just waiting for another Moliere to jump on!

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

We now seem to have a regular group of readers all waiting for Todd to launch more plays for us.

Perhaps we should call ourselves the "Todd Theatre Company". (Who knows about the previous group of that name?)
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: January 10th, 2018, 12:09 am We now seem to have a regular group of readers all waiting for Todd to launch more plays for us.

Perhaps we should call ourselves the "Todd Theatre Company". (Who knows about the previous group of that name?)
Think that the TTC will be competition for the BBC someday?

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act I:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_stagedir_1_128kb.mp3

I'll let Sheriff Sonia :wink: check my pronunciation before I do the rest. Well, actually, Act II is recorded, but it can wait a bit.

Todd, I do have one question regarding footnotes. You did say to skip them, and for most of them, I agree, they just get in the way. However, there is this in scene 7:
[Footnote: During the whole of the preceding scene Mascarille has quietly kicked the purse away, so as to be out of sight of Anselmo, intending to pick it up when the latter has gone.]
I didn't read it, but I do think it would enhance the understanding of the scene. It seems to me to belong more properly to stage directions than to footnotes. Your call, though.

Also I included the "two troupes of masqueraders" in the Dramatis Personae, because I wasn't sure if you wanted it. I figured you'd just cut it if not.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:50 am Act I:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_stagedir_1_128kb.mp3
I'll let Sheriff Sonia :wink: check my pronunciation before I do the rest.
:lol: I'm not that bad, am I ? I think your pronunciation is fine, especially because the translator has tried hard to anglicise the names, so you pronouncing them the English way is totally ok. The only name that remained obviously French was Trufaldin, which would have had a nasal at the end, but in my opinion you can leave it like that, all the other names are English, so say Trufaldin like an English name is only normal.

Introduction part and Stage directions are excellently read :thumbs: Enjoyed listening to the intro. Very interesting.

Only three notes:

> in the dramatis personae: you also omitted the "read by" each time. Strange how everybody omits them lately. :hmm: Well I get your point, most of the time they will get cut out, but we can never be sure when they may come in handy. It's not as if it never happened.

> at 4:35: missing "Stage directions, read by Devorah Allan" (you should never forget yourself ;) )

> at 7:13: you have a good point for including this purse-kicking note here, although the directions should precede this scene already to be accurate and in the right place. Let's leave it to Todd what he thinks about it before correcting anything.

Thanks, great jo so far !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:50 am Todd, I do have one question regarding footnotes. You did say to skip them, and for most of them, I agree, they just get in the way. However, there is this in scene 7:
[Footnote: During the whole of the preceding scene Mascarille has quietly kicked the purse away, so as to be out of sight of Anselmo, intending to pick it up when the latter has gone.]
I didn't read it, but I do think it would enhance the understanding of the scene. It seems to me to belong more properly to stage directions than to footnotes. Your call, though.

Also I included the "two troupes of masqueraders" in the Dramatis Personae, because I wasn't sure if you wanted it. I figured you'd just cut it if not.
I agree that that footnote is a good one to read - and you can leave off "footnote" - "end footnote"

I also agree with naming folks such as "two troupes of masqueraders" in the Dramatis Personae even though they have no lines. Sometimes they get referred to in text during the play.

Thanks, Todd