[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MW updated, thanks starlingreader and Lee Meredith!

Lee, you have now had parts in chapters 5, 8, 11 and 14. If you wish, you can take parts in the other chapters, such as one of the characters from Chapter 7, the Old Sailor in Chapter 9, Julius Caesar in Ch 10 and/or Pheles in Chapter 13. Basically anything that doesn't overlap with the characters you have already done.

Just a note not to use the SECTION numbers, as these change when I move the files around. Please refer to characters by name and the number of the CHAPTER in which the character appears.

Also, it is not necessary to put "128kb" on the end of these files if you can't be bothered - these are interim files and won't end up on the final catalogue page at Archive anyway - which is when the "128kb" is needed.
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Thanks for the tips, I'll get use to it all eventually.
I shall check out the other chapters later :) I'm not sure about Caesar or Pheles, as I don't know whether I can pull off a Roman or Egyptian accent lol, I don't think they want a Yorkshire twang! :D
"You replaced me? Who've you got?" "Cathy." "Cathy? Who's she?!" "It's a bloke." "Cathy?!" "Yeah." "Cathy who?" "Cathy Rindhoops..." "Cathy Rindhoops?!!"
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Lee! Your sections were all PL OK - and I especially liked the different voices you used! :mrgreen:

If I really can't convince you to read any other parts here, maybe have a look at the "Voyages of Doctor Dolittle" which will be opening soon - see the purple link in my signature file. I'd love to hear you around on other projects! :thumbs:
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Thanks very much! Happy to help :)
"You replaced me? Who've you got?" "Cathy." "Cathy? Who's she?!" "It's a bloke." "Cathy?!" "Yeah." "Cathy who?" "Cathy Rindhoops..." "Cathy Rindhoops?!!"
starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

Here is the Dye Master's part.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_13_dyemaster.mp3
00:30
I tried this part several times, and I think it's good enough, but please let me know if it needs more expression and I'll try to fix it. Thanks! ;-)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks very much, the Dye-Master is PL Ok!

If you're looking for more DR parts, try the purple link in my signature file - there's lots in the new Doctor Dolittle project!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Chapter 9: Ship's Captain. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_shipscaptain_128kb.mp3

Thought this one should be a contrast to the other ship's captain I play in this DR.

Plus I still have a piratical cove to record for "Wappin' Wharf". And that scurvy seadog Ben Butcher in the Dr Doolittle DR.

Where did all these Birdseye Fish Fingers come from?

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 13th, 2018, 3:06 pm Chapter 9: Ship's Captain. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_shipscaptain_128kb.mp3

Thought this one should be a contrast to the other ship's captain I play in this DR.

Plus I still have a piratical cove to record for "Wappin' Wharf". And that scurvy seadog Ben Butcher in the Dr Doolittle DR.

Where did all these Birdseye Fish Fingers come from?

Cheers,
Chris
IIIIIII'm saaaiiliiing awaaaaaaayy...
Set an open coooooouuuuurse for the Viiiiirgiiin Seeeeeaaaaaaaa......

:mrgreen:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 13th, 2018, 3:06 pm Chapter 9: Ship's Captain. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_shipscaptain_128kb.mp3
Thanks Chris! That's PL OK! :thumbs:
benderca

Post by benderca »

You could add Ritti-Marduk Ch 7 and Museum Attendant/Clerk Ch 8 to my basket.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: April 15th, 2018, 4:57 am You could add Ritti-Marduk Ch 7 and Museum Attendant/Clerk Ch 8 to my basket.
I've got that for you! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've pre-assembled each chapter now with all the voices we have so far. I think I'll go ahead and upload them all so they're saved somewhere besides only my computer.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Only not right now, because I have to go to work. :mrgreen:
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca

Post by benderca »