Post by TenorBoy »

Ashur Gharavi

My Catalog Page: https://librivox.org/reader/10143
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! I'll PL them next week.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for reading - your voice and expression is just perfect for Cyril! Chapter 2 is PL OK! :thumbs:

However there are two PL notes for Chapter 1:

@0:53 there is loud thump over the word "snake" which I think will be difficult to edit out, so please re-record this sentence.
@1:29 and 1:32 twice you say the word "Psammead" - I'm sorry I didn't mention this earlier but it needs to be pronounced "Sammy-ad" (silent 'p'). This is the third book in the trilogy, and this was explained at the start of the first one, so I'm afraid it needs to be corrected for consistency. Some other characters could get it wrong, but not Cyril who is supposed to have known him from the first book.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Grace, these two files are both PL OK! :thumbs: Lovely expression and characterisation! :9:

Can I interest you in anything else? I have a "Dancer" in Ch 7, "Crowd Woman" in Ch 8, three female parts in Ch 10, a "Lady" in Ch 11 and Ch 14, "Phele's Wife" in Ch 13. You could take any of these, or one in each chapter! If you wanted a single larger part the "Expelled Boy's Mother" in Ch 12 has quite a lot to say including some poetry.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Here's the narrator, chapter 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_08_narrator.mp3

(31.21)

It was interesting to see the author putting her Fabian ideas into action in the Mile End Road.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Devorah, I'm going to mark the Anthea lines PL OK and put them straight into the MW - I know the text pretty well by now so everything should be there, but if there are any errors you notice in editing just let me know and I'll correct them as we go.

And with that, Chapter 2 is Ready to Edit! :9:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: January 13th, 2018, 12:24 am Devorah, I'm going to mark the Anthea lines PL OK and put them straight into the MW - I know the text pretty well by now so everything should be there, but if there are any errors you notice in editing just let me know and I'll correct them as we go.

And with that, Chapter 2 is Ready to Edit! :9:
Ooh, exciting! It'll be a few days before I can get on it.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beth, does that mean that the Narrator for Ch. 2 is PL ok? It still shows ready for PL in the MW.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, Chapter 2 narration is PL OK - I think I moved Ch 3 down by mistake, but I've PLed both now so Ch 2 is definitely ready to edit! (Having said that, none of the other chapters will be ready for ages, as most are not even fully cast, so there is no rush at all on actually doing the editing!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:00 pm Yes, Chapter 2 narration is PL OK - I think I moved Ch 3 down by mistake, but I've PLed both now so Ch 2 is definitely ready to edit! (Having said that, none of the other chapters will be ready for ages, as most are not even fully cast, so there is no rush at all on actually doing the editing!)
Oh, of course! Still, it's exciting! At my moment, my slate is full of PLing, but then I'll probably get started on this. You know, when I get bored. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just compiled a rough draft of chapter 2. Should be able to iron out the kinks in a few days.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just when you are ready, I'd like it if you could take a listen to my song recording for ch 7. I think I've got the hang of recording singing now, so if it needs any fixes I should do it now while I still know the song!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: January 16th, 2018, 1:46 pm Just when you are ready, I'd like it if you could take a listen to my song recording for ch 7. I think I've got the hang of recording singing now, so if it needs any fixes I should do it now while I still know the song!
Sure, give me a day or two. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, I was able to do it today, because I got to leave work early (because the entire state of Texas basically shuts down when the temperature drops below 30 F... We just don't know how to handle it! :lol: )

Have a listen! I couldn't resist putting the two together!
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_07_anthearobert_song.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm also going to try to stay a bit ahead of the game by assembling parts as they come in. In looking at chapter 1, the narrator is missing the line "he seemed to say, as he looked at them from the back corner of his eye." It should go in at about 15:11.