starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

Here is the Prisoner's Wife's part:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_07_prisonerswife.mp3
00:26
And here is Imogen's Mother's part:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_10_imogensmother.mp3
00:45
I wasn't sure if I should do all of the lines in the whole chapter or do each part marked on the script separate, :hmm: so I did all of the marked parts in the chapter in one recording.

Let me know if I need to change anything! :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

These are both lovely recordings - I love your expression when you read! :thumbs: You've done these exactly right - that's why I made the colour coded scripts! ;)

There's one more part you have currently claimed - the Babylonian Woman in Chapter 6, but you could have a few other characters in other chapters if you wanted them? There's a "Crowd Member" in Chapter 8 and the "Dye-Master" in Chapter 13 which would both be suitable for you.

Just be aware that the microphone will pick up background noise in the same room if you are recording in a noisy space - it is often easier to record in a quiet space than it is to noise clean the background sounds out later...
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

I think I'll dip my toe in as a newbie with something short! May I claim section 23 please, the lecturer in chapter 14. :)
"You replaced me? Who've you got?" "Cathy." "Cathy? Who's she?!" "It's a bloke." "Cathy?!" "Yeah." "Cathy who?" "Cathy Rindhoops..." "Cathy Rindhoops?!!"
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! Welcome to Librivox! Thanks for doing your 1 min test!

All the instructions you need should be in the first post, to find the script for Chapter 14 scroll down in the Magic Window until you see the purple text links - right click should take you to the colour coded scripts.

Please remember to give me a voice credit in the form of "Lecturer read by ..."

Post here if you have any questions!

(For your voice credit you can use whatever you like, but I suggest using your real name rather than your forum name. Please let me know what you choose so I can enter it into the catalogue correctly.)
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Elizabby wrote: March 31st, 2018, 1:04 pm Great! Welcome to Librivox! Thanks for doing your 1 min test!

All the instructions you need should be in the first post, to find the script for Chapter 14 scroll down in the Magic Window until you see the purple text links - right click should take you to the colour coded scripts.

Please remember to give me a voice credit in the form of "Lecturer read by ..."

Post here if you have any questions!

(For your voice credit you can use whatever you like, but I suggest using your real name rather than your forum name. Please let me know what you choose so I can enter it into the catalogue correctly.)
Thank you :) yeah I think I will use my real name Lee Meredith :)
"You replaced me? Who've you got?" "Cathy." "Cathy? Who's she?!" "It's a bloke." "Cathy?!" "Yeah." "Cathy who?" "Cathy Rindhoops..." "Cathy Rindhoops?!!"
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_14_lecturer_128kb.mp3
Section 23 done! Hope it's alright. :)
(just bringing the credit to attention again too, Lee Meredith please, thanks) :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Lee! The Lecturer in Ch 14 is PL OK!

In this project you can take a character in each chapter if you wish, so I recommend to you the "date seller" in Ch 11, the Village Headman in Ch 5, and one of the Ch 8 crowd characters... You can claim any or all of them!
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Oh go on then lol, I'll try them all please, sections 1, 6 and 16 :)

EDIT: With the crowd members' parts, how do I determine which I am from the random lines? Or shall I record them all for the editor to cherry pick from? Thanks!
Last edited by CathyRindhoops on April 2nd, 2018, 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If you look at the colour coded scripts there is a particular role called "crowd member" with its own colour. Just read any line where that colour appears.
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Ok thank you, it just seemed the whole section was littered with "random voices heard" while all being different colours. I did notice the crowd member designations though and shall record those. :)
starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

Thanks for suggesting those parts! I would like to do them, but I think I would need more time to finish. Do you think I could have until April 15th to finish them? That would be great. And I'm still planning on doing the Babylonian Woman.
starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

here is the Babylonian Woman's part:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_06_babylonianwoman.mp3
00:16
let me know if I need to change anything. :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The Babylonian Woman is PL OK!

Any new claims have two months to be recorded, so if you claim some new parts you have the full 2 months from now to record them. I think CathyRindhoops has taken the "Crowd Member" but the Dye-Master is still open?
CathyRindhoops

Post by CathyRindhoops »

Last edited by CathyRindhoops on April 5th, 2018, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

great! I'll do the Dyemaster. :D