[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll keep an eye on things - that's why I'm here , come back when you are ready.

Anne
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 8th, 2018, 1:34 am “I'm not well at the moment, I'll do my best to update this weekend.”

No, don’t. That ol’ admin stuff will easily wait a while. Look to your health and well-being without thoughts of obligation, and come back to everything next week or whenever when you’re fit and well.

Chris
Exactly! This is supposed to be fun. When it starts to become a chore, we're doing something wrong... Get well and take care of yourself, Beth.
TJ
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 8th, 2018, 1:34 am “I'm not well at the moment, I'll do my best to update this weekend.”

No, don’t. That ol’ admin stuff will easily wait a while. Look to your health and well-being without thoughts of obligation, and come back to everything next week or whenever when you’re fit and well.

Chris
Indeed! We'll hold down the fort! I don't mind PLing the rest of the Narrator files, at the very least.
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Chris
I second the motion. Please take care of yourself and rest. All this other stuff here can wait.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
starlingreader

Post by starlingreader »

Hi! I was wondering if I could do part 30, Imogen's mother, and the Babylonian woman, 10, and the prisoner's wife, 11. If I can only do one or two parts, i would like to do Imogen's mother and the prinsoner's wife, if possible. If just one, I would pick Imogen's mother. :wink: I look forward to your response! :clap: I loved listening to the other recording of this story on librivox, And I'm exited for this one! This will be my second time contributing to librivox.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That sounds great, I'll put you down for the 3 roles as you will not be talking to yourself any where . :D

Anne
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Here's the narrator for chapter 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_13_narrator.mp3

(26.53)

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

... and here's the last chapter for the narrator: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_14_narrator.mp3

(33.06)

Peter
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant work Peter! Many thanks - I've got some catching up to do!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

It was my pleasure ... though I realised, when I was editing, how many times I've said "Jane said", "Anthea said" .... and so on.

I don't remember reading this one when I was a child. These books could easily be classed as science fiction.

Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ch. 8 narration:

There is a missing "she said" at 21:12, but it will be fairly easy for me to copy and paste one from another place in the chapter, so you needn't re-upload, especially as that was the only thing missing.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Re narrator for chapter 8
Thanks, Devorah,
Peter
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It's Monday morning, and the MW should be now fully updated! If anything still isn't there please post again to remind me!

Thanks Devorah for the PLing of the narration files! If I could continue to leave those to you, I'll get on with the other character files for PL.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:25 pm It's Monday morning, and the MW should be now fully updated! If anything still isn't there please post again to remind me!

Thanks Devorah for the PLing of the narration files! If I could continue to leave those to you, I'll get on with the other character files for PL.
Aye aye, Captain! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Narrator Ch. 9 PL ok.

Narrator Ch. 10:
There are two phrases--"quite easily," at 1:07, and "fed up," at 1:30--which are scripted to be read by the children, but which you read. I think there's enough space between your words for me to cut those words out and insert the children's voices, but it would be easier not to have to.
At 21:21, you say "in a voice that thrilled like music." Text reads "he said in a voice that thrilled like music."