[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapters 12 and 13 of Cyril are both PL OK!

Devorah, Chapter 13 has some fan noise in it, but it is constant background noise so I think it should clean out fairly easily. Can you please have a quick listen and see if you agree, before Asher records it again?

Chapter 12 is Ready to Edit!
Foon

Post by Foon »

*checking in to adopt an orphan!*

I'll gladly read those few lines for Pheles's wife :)
Last edited by Foon on July 19th, 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: July 18th, 2018, 5:16 am Devorah, Chapter 13 has some fan noise in it, but it is constant background noise so I think it should clean out fairly easily. Can you please have a quick listen and see if you agree, before Asher records it again?
I can barely even hear it, even when I turned my speakers all the way up. Nevertheless, I ran some noise cleaning, and I think it did take care of it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Foon! There's one solo line, the rest are the multicolored group lines "Tyre!" And "The Sea!" Etc...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Ashur! Chapters 10 and 11 are PL OK and both of these are now also Ready to Edit!

Devorah, there was one PL note for Robert in Chapter 11 - my fault, I miscoloured a line for Cyril when it should have been for Robert, so neither of you has recorded it: 'There used to be that rule in our country,' said Robert, 'when my father was a little boy.'

You can just insert it into the final version and I'll check it in situ.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Elizabby wrote: July 19th, 2018, 2:13 pm Thanks Foon! There's one solo line, the rest are the multicolored group lines "Tyre!" And "The Sea!" Etc...
Should I also include this line? 'What is?' asked all the children at once.

If NOT, here's the link
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_13_pheleswife.mp3

Otherwise, forget this link and I'll get you a new one asap. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

No, that's just the children - you're fine!

EDIT: Pheles's Wife is PL OK! :thumbs:
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Re-Upload of The Captain of the Gaol

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_07_captainofthegaol.mp3 (0:39)

Sorry it took me so long! I think I got everything, but let me know if I didn't.

I'm getting Pheles done soon and he should be done by tomorrow.
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Captain of the Gaol is now PL OK! :thumbs:

If you have time after Pheles, you might like to take a look at the Voyages of Dr Dolittle project - there are a few parts for male voices still going over there.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm almost finished editing chapter 9, but I've found that we're missing one character. We need an Atlantean king. He appears on page 10. It's a quick one-liner, plus it would be nice to have him join in the shout, "The sea!--The sea!" It looks like it was scripted that way, too, just that he was overlooked when compiling the list of characters in this section.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Drat! Can't believe I missed a whole character!

I've added a new section to the top of the MW, and I'll post in the Dram Works orphan thread - hopefully we will get someone fairly quickly!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Elizabby wrote: August 1st, 2018, 5:26 am Drat! Can't believe I missed a whole character!

I've added a new section to the top of the MW, and I'll post in the Dram Works orphan thread - hopefully we will get someone fairly quickly!
If you'd like, I'm happy to read it - I only took one line for Pheles' wife in Chapter 13 so far.

Readers needed:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! That would be excellent!

The first line is the crowd cry "The Sea! The Sea!" and the other two lines follow just after that, in light purple.
TenorBoy

Post by TenorBoy »

Hi! Here are chapters 1 (I just rerecorded it) and 14 for Cyril, I guess I had to leave them for last!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_01_cyril.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_14_cyril.mp3

I wanted to ask about Chapter 7 because I've been worried about it because of the song section. How do you guys best recommend I record the song so that it matches up with everyone else's? And I know it was posted here before but could anyone share with me my harmony again? Sorry about that... o.O

Thanks,
Ashur :)
Ashur Gharavi

My Catalog Page: https://librivox.org/reader/10143
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

All the links for the song are on page 3 of this project thread. When I did Anthea I recorded all the text first then did the song in a separate file. You might find that easier.