[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for those! I'll PL them soon!
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Hi Elizabby,

I'm interested in reading for a part, but I don't know if my voice would be better for Mr. David Devant (Ch. 14) or the Prison Guard (Ch. 11).

This is my first reading project ever, so I'm unfamiliar with how this all works.

Also, here is my '1-minute test' if you are interested in hearing what I sound like and whether or not I'd be a fit for any of the parts. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_spockledorf.mp3

Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's my suggestion: take both! ;)
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Sounds good! :wink: :D

Thank You!
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm in the process of uploading the partially completed files that I have.

In checking over chapter 7, I notice that there is one group line scripted to be read by the Dancer which is missing: "May the Queen live for ever!" that we didn't catch. If we make sure that it is included by every other person who is scripted to read it, we will still have four voices, though.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SpockleDorf wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 4:23 pm Sounds good! :wink: :D

Thank You!
I can sign you up for these if Beth doesn't get to it first. I need to double check, though, since this will be your first recording: What name do you want to use for your catalog entry? I could enter your forum name, or, since it seems that you're comfortable using your real name on the boards, I could enter Michael Jarvis, or just your first name. Or whatever you want, really. :) I'll wait for your response to be sure, though, since I can't change it afterwards without pestering an admin. :wink:
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 10:02 pm I'm in the process of uploading the partially completed files that I have.

In checking over chapter 7, I notice that there is one group line scripted to be read by the Dancer which is missing: "May the Queen live for ever!" that we didn't catch. If we make sure that it is included by every other person who is scripted to read it, we will still have four voices, though.
That's not a problem. I can have Jasmin read that line.
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

You can just put my forum name, spockledorf, or my first name and last initial, it doesn't really matter as long as I know who you're talking about. :wink:

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Done, you are now in the MW!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

benderca wrote:
That's not a problem. I can have Jasmin read that line.
Don't worry about it - it's just a group line and any more than three or four voices makes it sound "blurry". If she wants to join in she can, but don't redo the file just for that!

Actually, Jasmin might be interested in the Doctor Dolittle project, have you had a look over there? Purple link below...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Jasmin is playing Chee Chee! :9:
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Mr David Devant, chapter 14 (Draft or Final ... Maybe)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_14_mr_david_devant.mp3

(00:40)

Also, am I using the correct file title format? "14_mr_david_devant"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SpockleDorf wrote: May 4th, 2018, 8:21 pm Mr David Devant, chapter 14 (Draft or Final ... Maybe)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_14_mr_david_devant.mp3

(00:40)

Also, am I using the correct file title format? "14_mr_david_devant"
Hm, it's not how I would have named it, but the fact is that it doesn't really matter much for a dramatic reading like this what you name your file. For this type of project, what's important is what the editor (me, in this case) names the final completed chapter file, since that's the one that will end up in the catalogue. I'll go ahead and add this to the MW and PL it for you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And it is PL ok, thank you! Just a word for the future. It would be helpful to leave a little more space in between each line. 3-5 seconds is best. Most of the pauses you left were only about two seconds, and it's very helpful in editing to have a larger break. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great work folks!

Yes, as Devorah said these files are interim ones which will be edited into the final version, so as long as we can identify the character and chapter, that's all we need. The final files need to be named properly to interact with the Internet Archive, so in other projects it needs to be exact, but not so much here.

Thanks for your work! You can claim a character in each chapter if you like...