[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As promised, chapter 10 is ready.

Cyril has an "I don't know" at around 30:22 with an inflection that doesn't seem to me to fit the meaning. But I didn't want to ask him to re-record, at least not until you've had a listen. There is also a Cyril "I don't know" in chapter 12 that I've thought I might be able to get away with using, instead.

As always, let me know if volume needs to be adjusted anywhere. There are no group lines in this one, so that at least made it fairly easy!

EDIT: On second thought, I will use the line from chapter 12. Hang on while I re-upload...

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, now it's ready!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

7 is also ready.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm flat out at work this weekend - I'll listen to these when I get a chance but realistically that will probably be Monday.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 7 is PL OK! The song works so well! Thanks for organising and coordinating that Devorah! (That's actually the first time I've sung for LV!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 10 is PL OK! Zoe loved hearing herself in the story (she read Imogen) and you did a great job evening out the sound levels for her! ;)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 12 is uploading now.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ch 11 is now ready for PL as well.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 11 is PL OK! The dialogue scenes sounds really smooth, and the mix of accents gives it a very exotic feel! Nice work on the crowd scenes too!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

And Chapter 12 is PL OK as well!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! I've been spending most of my LV time over the last week or two recording my own sections. I'll get back to editing for this and Mikado in another week probably.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

13 is ready for PL. I wasn't planning to do this one today, but we're so close!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Very close to finishing chapter 14. The next few days will be busy, preparing for company I'm expecting on Monday, and while she's here, I don't know how much time I'll have. But I'll do my best to finish before she gets here.

Tonight I'm working a weird shift, till 2 am. :shock: My hope is actually to stay up all night recording and editing and so forth until a 7 am Bible study I have, and then sleep afterwards. So if that pans out and I'm not too tired when I get home, it'll be ready sometime this evening, your time. So to that end, I'm off to take a nap now!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

There's no time pressure on this - staying up all night sounds hard on you! This can wait until next week if it doesn't work for you!

I have listened to Ch 13, the text is all present and correct but the sound levels are a bit uneven at the start. In particular Cyril and Jane are much softer than Anthea and the Narrator. Can you have a look at this and see if it can be evened out a bit?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: September 13th, 2018, 1:52 pm There's no time pressure on this - staying up all night sounds hard on you! This can wait until next week if it doesn't work for you!

I have listened to Ch 13, the text is all present and correct but the sound levels are a bit uneven at the start. In particular Cyril and Jane are much softer than Anthea and the Narrator. Can you have a look at this and see if it can be evened out a bit?
Sure, I'll take a look.

To be honest, the reason I'm thinking of staying up is because if I go to bed, I know I won't be able to get up again for my 7am group, and I'd rather not miss. If I stay up and keep busy for those few hours, I think I'll be ok. I'm a night owl anyway, or I wouldn't have agreed to this 5:30 pm-2 am shift at work.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

We call the 6pm - 2am the "disco" shift. Not sure why, as I never went to a disco afterwards! But that is the busiest time in the ER, so we have extra staff on then - luckily those days are past for me! I have juniors to do those shifts now. :) I do the 24hr supervising shift but am rarely "on the floor" during the night any more, except in emergencies.