[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! Thanks!
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Elizabby wrote: February 21st, 2018, 8:14 pm I need to know which role you want before I can assign you!

Let's go with the Village Man for now, and you can have a look at other chapters to see if there is anything else you like. You can't be both the headman and the other man, as they both appear in Chapter 5, but you can claim roles in other non-overlapping chapters.
I see that there's only one dialogue, in Chapter 4.
‘Many foes are upon us!’ he cried. ‘Make ready the defences!’
Please reply confirming the same, as there is no explicit character name as 'village man'. :)
Thanks, Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Are you using the script links in the Magic Window? Scroll down to the bottom of the MW and use the purple text links - in Chapter 4 the Village Man is colour coded in peach highlighter.

There are two sets of lines - the one you mention is the second pair. There's another set earlier "what is this?" which is on the same colour.

Please also make sure your voice credit is in one of the files - usually the first one.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Here's my recording for the Village Man in Chapter#4 (Section#5) for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_04_villageman_128kb.mp3
Length is 23.7 sec. Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! Thanks Raj, this is PL OK - I can't wait to see what you make of the actual battle in Chapter 5! ;)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

benderca wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 5:06 am Hi Beth!

So Jasmin (Unicorn) was on a roll while recording her roles (no pun intended), so I had her read Section 35 Voice 2 Ch 11 in addition to her other parts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_11_voice2.mp3

If it's okay, I'll add the roll to her combined voice credit.
This is PL OK! If she has plenty of voice credits already, I'm not sure that "Voice 2" needs a separate one.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Elizabby wrote: February 24th, 2018, 9:09 pm Great! Thanks Raj, this is PL OK - I can't wait to see what you make of the actual battle in Chapter 5! ;)
Thank you, Beth!
I'll soon work on Chapter 5 too.
Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Elizabby wrote: February 24th, 2018, 1:38 pm Please also make sure your voice credit is in one of the files - usually the first one.
How to make sure the voice credit?
And I think you are referring to 'Amulet Ch 4' as the first file. Couldn't find anything there?
Thanks.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I just meant the part where you say "Village Man read by Raj" for the Cast List.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Oh! Ok.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: February 24th, 2018, 9:14 pm
benderca wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 5:06 am
If it's okay, I'll add the roll to her combined voice credit.
This is PL OK! If she has plenty of voice credits already, I'm not sure that "Voice 2" needs a separate one.
Ha! Good point. I'll leave it out. :lol:
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Here's my recording of Village Man Chapter 5 (Section 6) :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_05_villageman_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and for your listening pleasure, Jasmin Salma's inspiring rendition of Section 16 Crowd Woman Ch 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_08_crowdwoman.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Raj and Jasmin! These files are all PL OK!

(Just as a note to both of you, please use the character names and chapter numbers - the section numbers keep changing as I move the files around so these are not useful references. You will note that your completed files have now been moved down under the chapter in which they appear and have completely different section numbers now!)

Raj - if you have the time I would love to have you read for a couple of other characters!

In Chapter 7, the Babylonian King gets some dramatic lines.
In Chapter 8, there's a Bootlace Seller, but lots of other options (just pick one please).
in Chapter 11 there are a whole bunch of small roles, I'd suggest either Voice 1 or the Speechmaker as being good for you.

You are welcome to take any or all of the suggested roles (or others) as long as you only take one in each chapter.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Elizabby wrote: February 26th, 2018, 4:47 am Thanks Raj and Jasmin! These files are all PL OK!

(Just as a note to both of you, please use the character names and chapter numbers - the section numbers keep changing as I move the files around so these are not useful references. You will note that your completed files have now been moved down under the chapter in which they appear and have completely different section numbers now!)

Raj - if you have the time I would love to have you read for a couple of other characters!

In Chapter 7, the Babylonian King gets some dramatic lines.
In Chapter 8, there's a Bootlace Seller, but lots of other options (just pick one please).
in Chapter 11 there are a whole bunch of small roles, I'd suggest either Voice 1 or the Speechmaker as being good for you.

You are welcome to take any or all of the suggested roles (or others) as long as you only take one in each chapter.
Thanks for your encouraging words, Beth.
Sure, I'll see your suggested chapters / roles.
Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.