COMPLETE[PLAY] Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:12 am The coughing Count: I think I got it right this time
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/amendsforladies_count_5.mp3
at least you have the correct count this time ;) no seriously: this is PERFECT !!!!! you are a professional cougher, I notice :mrgreen: it's so deliciously acted out. You really lend the right touch to this old guy. I had to laugh loud at each coughing fit, it sounded so real. I hope your vocal chords didn't suffer too much under this strain.

Also...sorry, but you need to get back to coughing once more, you missed a line :(

> at about 0:25: missing line: "You're going to this gear too, Master Bold?Um, um, um!"

> at 1:43: "I am cosened of all sides" - I hear "con-seened" instead of "coz-end" :hmm:

The rest is excellent. Thanks !!!! We couldn't wish for a better count.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Rats! Can't believe I missed that line, but there it is in front of my face. :oops:

New file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/amendsforladies_count_5.mp3

added line at :26
corrected line at: 1:54
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote:Rats! Can't believe I missed that line, but there it is in front of my face. :oops:
:lol: and you made a very memorable cough this time. Sounds as if you were regurgitating your whole lung up :help: careful there.

I still hear coseened, but it may well be my ears that are playing tricks on me (wouldn't be the first time), so I will not pester you with this anymore. I think this was an excellent performance and I can't wait to hear it all in context. :9:

the coughing count = PL ok

thanks so much, Larry

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, all errors excellently corrected and edited in, wouldn't hear a difference in sound :thumbs: definitely PL ok now

thank you

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

I just wanted to let you know that I have finished recording Lady Perfect's acts, but will need a tad bit more time for editing.

Thanks for you patience!
TJ
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hi everyone,

I am back from my holiday and being snowed under at work once I returned. Thanks to everyone for submitting so many recordings while I was away, and for Sonia for overseeing what turned out to be a busy time for the project!

Regarding Chuck's problem with the placement of the stage directions: this sometimes arises because the stage directions in the original printed texts are justified to the right side of the page and often on the same line as the dialogue. So it's not always obvious where they should be inserted in the flow of the text. As a consequence, the Gutenberg versions often take a guess, and sometimes that guess seems like a bad one. So when I prepare my scripts I try to put the stage direction where it makes most sense. Of course, it's important to respect the text, but I also don't want to preserve likely errors introduced at the Gutenberg stage.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah Rob, good to have you back. Then I hand over the BC sceptre to you again :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welltried recorded. Must edit.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

The less-than-perfect Lady Perfect (Act 5), at your service:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/amendsforladies_ladyperfect_5.mp3

I'll post Act 2 soon.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Todd & TJ,

Thanks! Welltried 1-5 and Lady Perfect 6 are PL OK.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah Stoofy and Scarlett have struck again :mrgreen: nicely done, both of them. I like this exasperated, long-drawn "Oh Jesu" :lol:

Page is already PL ok.

One PL note for Drawer:

> at 0:08: "Turnbull Street—a civil place" – forgot “Turnbull Street” but “civil place” is repeated three times, once by you, Rob ;)

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Kitty wrote: February 28th, 2018, 1:59 am ah Stoofy and Scarlett have struck again :mrgreen: nicely done, both of them. I like this exasperated, long-drawn "Oh Jesu" :lol:
Yeah, she got into it by then!
Kitty wrote: February 28th, 2018, 1:59 am > at 0:08: "Turnbull Street—a civil place" – forgot “Turnbull Street” but “civil place” is repeated three times, once by you, Rob ;)
Ah OK, sorry. We definitely recorded that line. I must have hit the undo button one time too many after a deletion. Will fix tonight.